PDA

View Full Version : Making the Alchemist Less Like a Caster

White_Drake
2013-10-08, 05:30 AM
Okay, so I love Pathfinder's Alchemist class, but it has some pretty confused fluff. The developers wanted so hard to make everyone know that it wasn't a caster, but then gave it a refluffed casting progression. I know of two subsystems which I think could work as an alternative to "not-spellcasting", and, if I get stupid enough, might attempt to homebrew an alternative alchemist using. So, playground, I ask you, do you think an initiator (Tome of Battle) Alchemist or invoker (Warlock) Alchemist would be better?

qwertyu63
2013-10-08, 06:15 AM
Okay, so I love Pathfinder's Alchemist class, but it has some pretty confused fluff. The developers wanted so hard to make everyone know that it wasn't a caster, but then gave it a refluffed casting progression. I know of two subsystems which I think could work as an alternative to "not-spellcasting", and, if I get stupid enough, might attempt to homebrew an alternative alchemist using. So, playground, I ask you, do you think an initiator (Tome of Battle) Alchemist or invoker (Warlock) Alchemist would be better?

Honestly, I would create a new sub-system. Neither initiator or invoker really works. I realize that is much harder, but I don't think any existing system works.

The Insanity
2013-10-08, 07:12 AM
I like Alchemist as it is.