PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Fusion

GutterFace
2013-10-08, 06:43 AM
If i have a Sorcerer who can craft wands. Can he use Arcane Fusion to, put 2 spells into the wand (via Arcane Fusion)[Scorching Ray/Orb of Acid, lesser]

also if it is possible since both spells are "fused" together would i have to roll twice or only once to hit?

TuggyNE
2013-10-08, 06:51 AM
Nope, arcane fusion is a 5th-level spell. No wanding for you!

GutterFace
2013-10-08, 07:10 AM
humbug! pure calamity

nedz
2013-10-08, 07:32 AM
Could you 'Scroll' one though.

Obviously you can make a scroll of Arcane Fusion, but could you make a Scroll of two lower level spells which had been fused ?

I'm inclined to think not.

Could you Arcane Fusion two low level spells into a Ring of Spell Storing, allowing them to be cast as one action ?

Radar
2013-10-08, 07:34 AM
You can make it a staff instead of a wand. As for putting an Arcane Fusion with already chosen spells in it, I'm not quite sure. Choosing spells to fuse is part of the choices made during casting, so I'd say it should be done, when you use the staff for the same reason you have a scroll of Protection form Energy and not a scroll of Protection from Energy (fire). In fact, it's more versatile this way. Furthermore, a wizard can use such a staff for hilarious effects, since his spells known work differently then sorcerer's.

In essence: staff of Arcane Fusion seems legit, but you get to choose spell to fuse each time you use the staff.

GutterFace
2013-10-08, 07:49 AM
You can make it a staff instead of a wand. As for putting an Arcane Fusion with already chosen spells in it, I'm not quite sure. Choosing spells to fuse is part of the choices made during casting, so I'd say it should be done, when you use the staff for the same reason you have a scroll of Protection form Energy and not a scroll of Protection from Energy (fire). In fact, it's more versatile this way. Furthermore, a wizard can use such a staff for hilarious effects, since his spells known work differently then sorcerer's.

In essence: staff of Arcane Fusion seems legit, but you get to choose spell to fuse each time you use the staff.

ahhhhh excellent idea.

Chronos
2013-10-08, 09:53 AM
Although, given that a staff usually has multiple spells in it anyway, you could probably use the staff's Fusion to cast other spells also stored in the staff.

Radar
2013-10-08, 10:23 AM
Although, given that a staff usually has multiple spells in it anyway, you could probably use the staff's Fusion to cast other spells also stored in the staff.
I wouldn't be so sure about that - otherwise you could cast Arcane Fusion yourself and fill it with whatever spell you have on a scroll or in a wand, which is not possible. Spells on a staff are not spell you know. Even a runestaff doesn't expand your spells known - that's what Drake Helms are for.