PDA

View Full Version : The Best Two Weapon Fighter Build in Pathfinder?

nlitherl
2013-10-08, 12:29 PM
The first crunch article for Improved Initiative, we delve into the two weapon fighter archetype, and we ask what is the best way to make a fighter which has effective attacks, but which is still protected at all times from his or her enemies? The feat list, along with class features, sets out the goals plainly, but still leaves wiggle room for those who have a different view of what a fighter should be, or who want to add their own spin onto the build.

The Two Weapon Tank (http://taking10.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-best-two-weapon-fighter-build-in.html)

Hida Reju
2013-10-09, 12:53 AM
Not a bad article it has some nice synergy with the feat choices but I would mention the Two Weapon Fighter Archetype as a decent option for further customizing your Weapon and Shield combos since a weapon bash and weapon attack should trigger both the Dodge bonus and the +hit and damage.

Also the 2 lvl dip in Ranger to get Two Weapon fighting at a lower Dex cost is a nice option to consider. Along with the health boost to your skills to round out your character.

I can't really get behind Weapon Specialization at all unless you got nothing else you want to do for feats.

In addition getting a high Str, dex and Con can be more than a bit tough with even a 20-25 point buy. I like the idea of improved two weapon fighting but getting it by lvl 6 or even 8 can be rough if you pushed Str at all(16-18) and gave yourself a decent Con score (14+). (Even Dumping Cha does not give you enough to work with for all 3 usually.)

A mention to the different stat options would not be a bad idea.