PDA

View Full Version : DSP[PF]: "just the new stuff" book announced

SassyQuatch
2013-10-08, 04:54 PM
http://dreamscarredpress.com/dragonfly/Core/article/sid=128.html

Note the part "coming this month". Facebook post also explains further "This is the 70+ pages of new material from our Ultimate Psionics Kickstarter, put into its own book. And yes, Volume I - Psionics Augmented will be a series of books."

So... thoughts?

For me it seems like a good idea for the people who don't feel like buying everything over again. The color artwork may be great and a nice selling point for Ultimate, but not always necessary for people who are more concerned with the rules themselves. Add in the fact that there is a definite timeline for availability (unlike Ultimate unless I've missed out on another announcement) and it looks like a nice new option.

IronFist
2013-10-08, 05:24 PM
Now I don't know which one I should buy!

SassyQuatch
2013-10-08, 06:09 PM
Now I don't know which one I should buy!

I'm still a little torn as well. While I'm motivated primarily by the new material we also know that the earlier material will also have errata in Ultimate Psionics, so that is a lure by itself.

Though to be completely honest I think I just want the new material to work with before it ends up on pfsrd like everything else has so far. Not sure if all the errata has been applied to earlier DSP material on the site though.

rollforeigninit
2013-10-08, 06:13 PM
Still gonna hold out for Ultimate but I'm glad they decided to throw a bone to their customers from earlier.

Psyren
2013-10-08, 07:48 PM
UPsi backers got the draft pdf already :smallbiggrin:

rollforeigninit
2013-10-08, 07:51 PM
UPsi backers got the draft pdf already :smallbiggrin:

Ah to have the money to contribute to those.... Still, wife lady is going back to work so more money is on the way. Maybe I should just sign it over to DSP. it might be easier in the long run.

JusticeZero
2013-10-08, 09:43 PM
Yes, and it looks really nice. Lots of feats, some interesting archetypes, and a bunch of really interesting looking items. Hoping that some of the last minute stuff makes its way in. I wish I had a print copy for my group.