PDA

View Full Version : Hokuto-Shin-Ken (spell)

Beelzebub1111
2006-12-31, 03:50 PM
Hokuto-Shin-Ken
Divination
Level: Cleric 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: Verbal, Somatic
Casting Time: swift action
Range: Personal
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Special (see text)
Spell Resistance: No

This spell allows you to see the veins and nerves of all the creatures around you, highlighting the pressure points with a bright blue glow for one round. While under the effects of this spell you can make an unarmed strike on any target and designate a number of rounds. That many rounds later the target must make a fortitude save (DC 10+spell level+con modifier) or die, Usually by a body part exploding but could be due to internal damage.

Kevka Palazzo
2006-12-31, 04:14 PM
Since there is a save you should say so, either with Fortitude (see text) or Special (see text). Also, I don't think the caster should be able to determine a large number of rounds. It'd be kind of dumb for the target to die in his sleep or something, so I'd limit it to 10 rounds at the most.

Also, the save DC should be INT, WIS or CHA based, as is the case of normal spells. I haven't seen any spells that use a physical ability modifier for their DCs (but if there are I'd be more than happy to reconsider).

Beelzebub1111
2006-12-31, 05:26 PM
Well, I thought that since the target of the spell is technicly the caster, I didn't think that it would apply up there. But special sounds good.

And you are wrong in your DC assumption. Many Monster abilities have their Save DCs con based. and since it isn't intelligence, wisdom, or charisma that realy works for hitting a pressure point I found Con the most Applicable

Collin152
2006-12-31, 06:19 PM
What about dexterity? Dexterity governs steadynes of hand, which is nessecary, especially when the pressure points are lit up to you like this. Also, this spell brings up one thught: Byakugan!

Beelzebub1111
2006-12-31, 11:37 PM
What about dexterity? Dexterity governs steadynes of hand, which is nessecary, especially when the pressure points are lit up to you like this. Also, this spell brings up one thught: Byakugan!

Actually it was a Fist of the North Star reference. which is where that whole Byakugan style was taken from anyways. Besides, Byakugan doesn't make people explode.

Collin152
2007-01-01, 12:17 AM
If you hit them in the heart with enough Chakra behind it, it will! ... Make blood spurt out of every orifice...