PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Where to go with my Rogueblade?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-10-08, 09:39 PM
I'm playing a human feat rogue 2/warblade 2 in a pbp and we are extremely close to level up (about an encounter worth of xp more or less), but I am at a complete loss on how to proceed with him. Normally I have a set idea on my characters' build before the game even starts but this time I don't , and I would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions you guys have. One important thing to mention is that the game is supposed to end at level 9-10 so huge feat chains that only "click" at level 15+ are out also the optimization level is more to the mid to low end of the spectrum.

My feats are Able learner (I am the party's secondary skill monkey and I want to max out UMD), Battle Jump (considering re-training, pending DM aproval, I haven't been able to get much use out of it), Quick Draw and Power Attack and Combat Reflexes. My maneuvers are Sudden Leap, Douse the Flames, Steel wind, Rabid Wolf strike and Hunter's Sense.

Stat-wise I have 17 str, 14 Dex/Con/Int and 10 Wis/cha.

My party mates are an Elven Necromancy Domain Wizard, human archer ranger, goblin TWF rogue, human clawlock and buff/heal focused human cleric.

Thanks in advance.

rockdeworld
2013-10-08, 11:21 PM
Nightsong Infiltrator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263173), obviously :smalltongue:

You could pull off invisible blade, if you've got the skill prereqs. Otherwise, I've got no ideas that you don't already know. Nothing wrong with more warblade.

Toshiro
2013-10-09, 12:08 AM
Another option is Dread Commando (http://dndtools.eu/classes/dread-commando/).

The requirement feats suck, but if you could get them some how, this class is worth it. You could go Rogue 2/Warblade 3/Dread Commando 5/Nightsong Infiltrator 10 using rockdeworld's suggestion. (Nightsong Enforcer (http://dndtools.eu/classes/nightsong-enforcer/) would be a better choice in my opinion for full BAB and more combat oriented than the infiltrator. Both classes include the teamwork utility.)

Mr Adventurer
2013-10-09, 02:48 AM
More Warblade.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-10-10, 11:00 AM
Nightsong Infiltrator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263173), obviously :smalltongue:

You could pull off invisible blade, if you've got the skill prereqs. Otherwise, I've got no ideas that you don't already know. Nothing wrong with more warblade.

More Warblade.

Another option is Dread Commando (http://dndtools.eu/classes/dread-commando/).

The requirement feats suck, but if you could get them some how, this class is worth it. You could go Rogue 2/Warblade 3/Dread Commando 5/Nightsong Infiltrator 10 using rockdeworld's suggestion. (Nightsong Enforcer (http://dndtools.eu/classes/nightsong-enforcer/) would be a better choice in my opinion for full BAB and more combat oriented than the infiltrator. Both classes include the teamwork utility.)

All those classes require either skills or feats I don't have so I think I'll pass on them.

I'll probably go with more Warblade levels, but if you have any suggestions on what feat to get instead of Battle Jump I'm all ears.

SciChronic
2013-10-10, 11:09 AM
i would suggest a 1 or 2 level sword sagedip, if you take 2, you should have the IL to take assassin stance. this will shore up your lost SA die, plus you can pick up some mobility maneuvers such as Cloak of Deception and Shadow Jaunt. Swordsage also gives a good amount of skill points.

it would help to know what kind of PC you want.
do you want something sneaky/scouty?
do you want damage?
do you want front line tank'n'spank?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-10-10, 11:37 AM
I'm using feat rogue (fighter bonus feats instead of SA), I'm the party's only tank (as in melee frontliner), I'm not sneaky at all, but have maxed spot/listen so kinda scout-ish I guess.

Right now I'm happy with my damage out-put, so I'm thinking of more utility-oriented feats, though I'm definitely getting Leap attack at level 6. II've considered taking Skill focus (UMD) just to have a 55% chance of activating wands, but my instincts tell me it isn't worth it.

SciChronic
2013-10-10, 02:50 PM
you already have arcane and divine casting in your party, let them be the wand users.

consider classing into Factotum (dungeonscape); it gives all skills as class skills, allowing you to do some shenanigans such as Iaijutsu Focus + Gnomish Quickrazor, or you can utilize the skill points for Knowledge Devotion. All Str and Dex skills and checks (including initiative) get boosted by your int modifier on top of their normal modifiers. If you can manage to stick to the class until 8th level, you can spend inspiration to gain another standard action, making it possible to Full Attack (thus restoring your warblade maneuvers) followed by a maneuver. then just spend any feats you get (retrain battle jump into knowledge devotion) on Font of Inspiration to increase your inspiration pool. After that you can just pump more levels into warblade.

otherwise i would just take warblade to 16, to pick up a 9th level maneuver then dip elsewhere

Dusk Eclipse
2013-10-10, 03:10 PM
Factotum doesn't really fit, because it is a skill monkey class, and while my character has some skill monkey aspects, his primary concern is sticking pointy metal sticks into enemies' spleens, while K. Devotion and Iajutsu are powerful tools they just don't fit.

Also the game is supposed to go to level 10 at the most, so no Cunning Surge Shenanigans or 9th level maneuvers, due my multiclassing I can get 5th level maneuvers at most.

Wands/UMD: The character was made before I knew the party composition (it is a pbp after all) so I took those ranks just in case it was needed.

Xerlith
2013-10-10, 03:20 PM
Bard. Song of the White Raven. Dragonfire Inspiration. :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2013-10-10, 03:22 PM
Bard4. Song of the White Raven. Dragonfire Inspiration. :smallbiggrin:

Cha 10 says no I don't think so.

Xerlith
2013-10-10, 03:34 PM
Well, actually you do not need anything except 3 ranks in perform for this dip, you know. :smalltongue:

But if you're worried about it, go wizard1/PrC bard1. You don't need your spellcasting at all, actually.
If this doesn't cut it, dip Duskblade 1, go Human Paragon2 or 3 (so you can pick one divination, enchantment, and illusion spell, a feat, Perform as your class skill and a +2 to any of your ability scores), then one level of PrC Bard. Then Song of the White Raven.

Person_Man
2013-10-10, 03:51 PM
Unarmed Swordsage/Setting Sun Ninja? That would give you the Skills you want and maneuver progression.

Also, if you're the meat shield, why did you take levels of Feat Rogue when you already have a Ranger, Rogue, and Warlock in the party? Wouldn't it have made more sense just to go with strait Warblade or Crusader?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-10-10, 03:55 PM
PBP so I wasn't sure on the party composition when I built this character and the first posted entries were all sort of frontliners (Paladins, a fighter or two and the like) so I wanted something with a little out of combat utility.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-10-10, 04:20 PM
Another Factotum level will net you Brains Over Brawn and Cunning Defense, which are pretty solid, along with the ability to cast 1st level spells (thus making Arcane Dilettante useful). So I'd do that. Then go back to Warblade.