PDA

View Full Version : The Nimblewright

AlanBruce
2013-10-09, 02:40 AM
Greetings! I was thinking about building an npc using MM2's Nimblewright in a 3.5 game I'm running.

The monster has an amazing slew of abilities and racial modifiers which make it a great dexterity based combatant.

However, upon looking at the skill section, I found none. An oddity, since this construct is actually intelligent, so it should have a solid number of racial skills tied to its build- I'm guessing stealth, mostly.

I looked at the errata, and found some changes to its 3.0 version. Sadly, no mention on skills whatsoever.

So I was wondering if anyone had stumbled across this problem as well, and how they went about it. Is there any other official document that actually lists what skills they have? An unofficial one? Suggestions perhaps as to what skills it ought to have?

Also, what build would be good for a nimblewright? Swashbuckler sounds optimal, but so does rogue and- if we blatantly hand wave certain requirements- The Champion of Corellon Larethian.

Any and all suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Andry
2013-10-09, 07:16 AM
How about Rogue/Swashbuckler with daring outlaw or maybe swordsage?

Red Fel
2013-10-09, 07:38 AM
Seconding Swordsage. There's a lot you can do with a highly intelligent, agile combatant dual-wielding rapiers as a Swordsage. The sheer variety of abilities open to you really lets you go wherever you like with the character, mechanically.

Afraid I can't help you on skills; I would advise to just tie them to class levels. It sounds like, at the very least, it would have Disguise as a skill.

The Viscount
2013-10-09, 10:30 AM
While Disguise would make sense, they don't have it as a skill in the MM2 update (found here (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040125a)), which only gives them Balance, Jump, and Tumble. Sorry.

AlanBruce
2013-10-09, 03:00 PM
Thank you very much for the responses and ideas. I have not dabbled with ToB much, but will look into it and read the Swordsage thoroughly.