PDA

View Full Version : easiest way for a creature to gain immunity to ability drain

blelliot
2013-10-09, 07:49 AM
See title. I would like to know the easiest way for a creature to naturally gain immunity to ability drain. No rules abuse please. I may or may not be trying to make a certain colossal monstrosity ready for anything that would normmally hose him. I've got flight and a ranged attack covered, so just need the defense against allips. I would like to think my players wouldn't use that trick, but just to be sure. Also, I don't just want to give him imunity. I'm weird and like to find ways within the rules to make my monsters deadly. I had a thread several weeks ago, somewhat dealing with this, but I can't find it. Thanks everyone.

hydraa
2013-10-09, 09:18 AM
Death might provide immunity ;)

On a more serious note, there are some templates that will provide a non ability score i believe (undead means no con)

I see templates that provide Str — and (INT — and CON —)

The Viscount
2013-10-09, 10:39 AM
Dustform template will do it, though the critical vulnerability is irritating.

Deaxsa
2013-10-09, 10:41 AM
go get slapped by a wight until you die.

Red Fel
2013-10-09, 10:52 AM
Soulfire armor enhancement? Bone Ring?

gooddragon1
2013-10-09, 10:54 AM
Soulfire armor enhancement? Bone Ring?

It's for the tarrasque. I swear somewhere out there (can't remember where) someone made a much stronger version of the tarrasque that had like null-teleportation within a few miles of it and other stuff.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-09, 11:13 AM
Warforged Juggernaut?

Other than that, necropolitan will make you immune.

ItWasFutile
2013-10-09, 11:25 AM
It's difficult to help without knowing more about the creature in question. Is it sentient? Is it rocking class levels? If so, how many, and what? How many hit dice? What's it's CR?

gooddragon1
2013-10-09, 11:26 AM
It's difficult to help without knowing more about the creature in question. Is it sentient? Is it rocking class levels? If so, how many, and what? How many hit dice? What's it's CR?

It's the tarrasque (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm).

I may or may not be trying to make a certain colossal monstrosity ready for anything that would normmally hose him.

The bit about allips gives it away to people who know about fighting the tarrasque. But really, there's probably like at least 10 other ways to hose the tarrasque...

Drowning him, polymorph any object, being swallowed and casting prismatic wall in his stomach then using a use-activated I don't give a ... about concentration checks item of teleport to get out, etc.

TuggyNE
2013-10-09, 07:05 PM
Re-feating the Tarrasque has some soulmelds for that.