PDA

View Full Version : Quick Start rules on OOTS site?

smellie_hippie
2006-12-31, 08:38 PM
Just a thought, and feel free to pleasantly shoot it down... :smallamused:

Is there anyway to publish the quick start rules here on the website? I don't know about online property etc etc... but a problem that has come to mind in regards to playing the game with new people. You gotta take at least the first 10-15 minutes to give them time to read the comic, before you even get onto page 7 for the setup. If the comic rules were available here, you could direct your friends to read them, so they had a general premise before you arrived with the game itself. It's petty I know, but with my last play-testing going for several hours, that extra 15 minutes makes a difference.

nemroth
2007-12-25, 12:27 PM
Yes, for the same reason I would love to see the quickstart-rules online.
I mean, the rulebook is online on apegames.com, so it should also be possible to put the quickstart-rules online?
Would be great! :)

zhang the wise
2008-01-16, 02:32 PM
Yeah that'd be great!:smallbiggrin: You Would save tons of time and if you lost the quick rules :smallredface: you could still get new gamers started.

osyluth
2008-02-03, 12:53 AM
Thirded! I'm looking to get this game for my brother's birthday, which is in 3 days, and I'd like to look at the rules to see if it's the sort of game he'd like.

Nikolai_II
2008-02-20, 03:46 PM
The full rules are on the Ape homepage, though..

http://www.apegames.com/oots/oots-dod/OOTS_Rules.pdf

It is 40 MB large though.. the link is on this page if you want to bookmark it for later: http://www.apegames.com/oots/oots-dod/oots-dod.html

Aan`allein
2008-08-31, 07:44 AM
I agree that this would be really useful. My gaming group (six people total) is going to play our first game three weeks from now, and I'm just dreading how long it'll take for everyone to read the comic beforehand. It's nice that the full rules are up for download, but I'm not going to convince anyone to read that - especially when it starts with a big bold notice to read the quickstart guide instead...

PePe QuiCoSE
2008-09-01, 01:29 PM
You don't have to convince them, just have them read the example boxes from the rules. It's pretty straight forward and as good as the quickstart guide, baring the jokes and Characters run-through. I have started games with new players without having them reading the comic.

Mercadier
2008-09-12, 02:58 PM
Inspired by this thread, I did head to Kinkos and full-color scanned the 8 page 'quick start' comic. I'd be delighted to share them, post them, do whatever, I just want to check with The Giant (and his army of presumably well paid lawyers) and APE Games (ditto) that they won't seize my collection of old Dragon magazines for doing so.

Patrick
2008-09-12, 05:21 PM
The main, full rules are available online already, and people could be directed there - not to be petty, but I saw the 8-page comic as a sort of "added value" piece for the game itself. You know, the sort of thing you get when you've already paid for it, a little thank-you?

Mercadier
2008-09-15, 03:20 PM
I've found the 8 pager to be incredibly helpful quick-start to send to new recruits to the game the night before. But you make a good point, if they're an added 'thank you bonus' then it would be inappropriate to share it out.

I'll sit tight until I hear one way or another.