PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Dust, an alysian tail

IronFist
2013-10-09, 10:01 AM
Hello, playground.
Do you have any ideas for builds that could simulate Dust from the eponymous game? I considered Bladebound Magus, but Dust does have a familiar of sorts and does not cast spells.

Novawurmson
2013-10-09, 11:28 AM
I have no idea about the character, but the Magus can get a familiar with a Magus arcana (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo---magus-arcana/familiar-ex).

Craft (Cheese)
2013-10-09, 12:09 PM
Play a Warlord and use Leadership to get the familiar.

IronFist
2013-10-09, 09:10 PM
I have no idea about the character, but the Magus can get a familiar with a Magus arcana (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo---magus-arcana/familiar-ex).

Not a Bladebound Magus, no.

ryu
2013-10-09, 09:15 PM
I'd call him a pretty standard gish honestly. That way you get a familiar, can be good with a familiar, can replicate the powerful teamwork attacks with spells, can mimick what was more or less flight in game with flight spells, and handle most of the movement with ranks in jump and tumble. It's a bit quick and dirty, but it does the job. Oh you also need ranks in knowledge fourth wall breaking.

Novawurmson
2013-10-10, 12:11 AM
Not a Bladebound Magus, no.

::facepalm:: That's what I get for not double-checking the archetype first. Could you explain anything more about the character?

Beowulf DW
2013-10-10, 06:33 AM
Hello, playground.
Do you have any ideas for builds that could simulate Dust from the eponymous game? I considered Bladebound Magus, but Dust does have a familiar of sorts and does not cast spells.

Sohei Monk+ Empyreal Sorcerer bloodline could work for the abilities Dust displays (acrobatics, climbing, flying, no armor). I guess you could take leadership for a Fidget-like familiar, and work with your GM on getting an intelligent weapon.

IronFist
2013-10-10, 10:00 AM
::facepalm:: That's what I get for not double-checking the archetype first. Could you explain anything more about the character?

He has an intelligent sword and a flying sidekick that shoots magic. He uses a sword. He is very agile. I guess Magus with a familiar and buying an intelligent sword could work....

Sohei Monk+ Empyreal Sorcerer bloodline could work for the abilities Dust displays (acrobatics, climbing, flying, no armor). I guess you could take leadership for a Fidget-like familiar, and work with your GM on getting an intelligent weapon.
Hm, that could work and I would get a spell-less Dust, like in the game.

Beowulf DW
2013-10-10, 02:30 PM
Hm, that could work and I would get a spell-less Dust, like in the game.

Actually I forgot to mention going for Eldrith knight to bring the classes together. Until the official release of PoW, that's the best I can come up with. Though, Quingong/Sohei might work, too if it's possible.