PDA

View Full Version : Abusing a Necrophage (Prestige Class)

Fortinbro
2013-10-09, 11:29 AM
The class comes from Encyclopaedia Arcane: Necromancy Beyond The Grave.

Basically you sacrifice four levels of spellcasting to by the end of the 10 level class be able to make flesh golems without the crafting feats, and do an unlimited number of grafts of any creature type onto yourself or others. These don't follow the lists of grafts available in various books.

The grafts can replace base ability scores with base scores associated with the grafted limb and bestow special abilities tied to the limb. It leaves this up to DM interpretation.

I generally have imposed that a medium creature must receive a medium-size appropriate graft.

The character in question is a neutral aligned human with 5 levels of wizard, and 10 of this class.

So, what creatures from 3.0/3.5 should I take from? Tome of Horrors and other obscure material is available as a source.

Aolbain
2013-10-09, 11:31 AM
There is so much wrong with this title...

Fortinbro
2013-10-09, 11:38 AM
To make this easier, I'll break it into categories:

Eyes (vision/gaze attack powers):

Teeth (bite attack):

Heart (con score):

Muscles (regeneration):

Skin (Natural armor/DR):

Arms (strength):

Hands/Feet (claw/slam attacks):

Legs (dex/speed, special abilities like pounce):

Wings (fly speed):

Tail (if it has any powers):

Morgarion
2013-10-09, 11:42 AM
Does the class involve eating the dead, as the name suggests?

Fortinbro
2013-10-09, 11:44 AM
Does the class involve eating the dead, as the name suggests?

No, there is no eating involved. It's basically a grafting class so its more metaphorical consuming.

Doc_Maynot
2013-10-09, 12:20 PM
My fellow gamer delving into the encylopaeian arts. Mayhaps I reccomend you look into the Crossbreeding book of the same series to aid you.

Fortinbro
2013-10-09, 02:28 PM
My fellow gamer delving into the encylopaeian arts. Mayhaps I reccomend you look into the Crossbreeding book of the same series to aid you.

I will because that sounds interesting as hell, but I don't think this particular character will have had time to cross-breed. He's paying shady adventurers to collect "exotic trophies" which he actually uses for parts.

Doc_Maynot
2013-10-09, 02:30 PM
Well I like to use a mixture of the Constructs book they have and the Crossbreeding book to make Simulacrums of my hypothetical breeds.

Coidzor
2013-10-09, 04:03 PM
Well I like to use a mixture of the Constructs book they have and the Crossbreeding book to make Simulacrums of my hypothetical breeds.

What are the titles of these books, by the by?

Doc_Maynot
2013-10-09, 04:19 PM
Encyclopaedia Arcane- Crossbreeding
Encyclopaedia Arcane- Constructs
They have a lot of ones, but they were meant for 3rd edition, and have updated some to 3.5