PDA

View Full Version : GiTP Prestige Class Challenge XLIII Voting Thread: It was Destiny

Techwarrior
2013-10-09, 11:58 AM
Alright folks, it's time to see who's destiny is the greatest from GiTP Prestige Class Contest XLIII: It was Destiny (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301729)! Lots of good work to our three contestants.

The rules are simple: Vote once, . 1st place gets 3pts, 2nd place gets 2pts, and 3rd place gets 1pt. Whoever has the most points wins. When you vote, bold your entries please, and tell us why you voted for those classes. Voting is open til next Sunday October 13th. Get voting!

And the entries are...
{table=head]Prestige Class|Author|1st|2nd|3rd|Total
Monarch|Zaydos||||
Fate's Chosen|Hamste||||
Moiracant|VoodooPaladin||||
[/table]

Apologies to those disqualified, but let's get voting!

-Techwarrior

Zaydos
2013-10-13, 10:28 AM
Well was waiting for an answer about the voting for ourselves thing but today's the last day of voting and somebody ought to vote...

1st Monarch.
2nd Fate's Chosen (I like the class, though the Charisma to most everything at the end is a huge power spike).
3rd Moiracant (while the fluff is really neat, Fatal Decree makes me cringe, and the loss of a spell known 3 times really hurts sorcerers but does nothing to wizards or dread necromancers effectively just picking on sorcerers).

Hamste
2013-10-13, 11:19 AM
1st Fate's Chosen (admittedly this is a bit biased on my own part)
2nd Monarch (the ability at level 6 to become immune to mind affecting and fear effects is pretty strong. That ability can be reached by level 12 which means enchantment can be stopped by yet another source easily and blanket immunities have always annoyed me. It also seems more of an npc class for the controlling dm to use as the evil chancellor or as the king (naturally this is the monarch so that makes sense but still)rather than a class that the regular old pc would be allowed to choose in game. This is particularly obvious with the fact it needs the leadership feat to be entered. Most DMs don't let leadership into the game let alone let PCs get more followers to do money making/item crafting things for them. The restriction on PC game play that the DM has to use from the power it gives and the blanket immunity to mind affecting spells are what lowered it for me. I love the idea and direction you took it (me and so many other people snagged onto luck or death) but again if I ever DMed I would never let a player get it)
3rd Moiracant ( fatal decree and necrofortune is just too strong of a combination. I can just imagine how many BBEG would be killed by this class. Also as mentioned this class picks on spontaneous casters horribly, a spontaneous caster never gets that spell back
..a wizard pays 150 gp per spell level and suddenly that negative is neutralized.)