PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Encounter and campaign help

genesaika
2013-10-09, 12:21 PM
OK first of my campaign is pretty dark and set in a world that is being attacked by demons. The group is about to arrive at the capital city of the continent, the city is ruled by a criminal society who has set up a mayor to keep their control of the city secret. The culture is based on the Roman empire, loosely, so public baths, gladiatorial games, etc. This city will be the entry point for the demons invasion and the players can't really stop that.

So I'm looking at setting up an encounter for them. It's late when the party arrives at the city so they find a tavern to get some rooms, after an encounter with corrupt guards at the gate. In the morning they leave the tavern to explore and find the street to be crowded with merchants and customers and the like. After a short time they come across a funeral procession. Nothing odd about it until the dead man bursts from his coffin and attacks!

Now I'm thinking this undead will be a bodak, to fit me demon theme a bit. I plan on him killing a few people in the procession with his gaze, maybe 2 or 3 I'll have to figure out the CR. I do realize the turning takes 24 hours, but I want to make it seem fairly urgent so I'm thinking I'll have the victims wraith around for a few rounds before raising as bodak.

Any thoughts? It might lead into the party being hated by the populace and such fun.

Also, I was hoping I might get a hand with naming a brothel I need to make lol.