PDA

View Full Version : Core 3.5 Killer Wizard

Seerus
2013-10-09, 02:42 PM
Hello,

First time on the forum. I'm here to get some advice for a character build of mine.

My friends and I are running a campaign using only Core 3.5 rules. I am playing the party's wizard.

The theme for our game is "Descent into Darkness". All of our characters are going to start with good alignments but will end up at evil alignments before the campaign is through, and to do so we each agreed to create a rough concept for how our character plans to fall.

My wizard is going to slowly realize that his problems always seem to go away when he kills the people he has problems with, and that his problems always get worse when he tries to talk or negotiate. As such, my character is going to have a strong focus on kill spells or the equivalent (flesh to stone for example) and probably damage spells.

With that in mind what schools should my wizard ban?

Urpriest
2013-10-09, 04:39 PM
I'd definitely ban Enchantment in that case, and maybe Illusion. Those schools have the most solutions to problems that don't involve killing anyone.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-10-09, 04:52 PM
Ban Enchantment (non-killing solutions) and Abjuration (focused on protection, not offense).