PDA

View Full Version : Feats that give spell-casting ability

Yogibear41
2013-10-09, 06:55 PM
I remember talking to someone about some feats that if taken could basically give anyone spellcasting ability to a degree, it was incredibly feat intensive but I can't seem to remember how it was done. Does anyone know?

Darrin
2013-10-09, 07:09 PM
Magical Training from FRCS/PGtF. Gives you three 0-level spell slots.

From there, you can use Earth Spell, Sanctum Spell, Versatile Spellcaster, Heighten Spell, and/or Improved Krau Sigil to increase your spell levels, and then backfill some spell slots via Extra Slot. From there, rinse/repeat to get higher level spells, take Extra Slot again, etc.

In Dragon #343, there was a feat called Divine Sorcery that did something similar (three 0-level orison slots) for Sorcerers.

Doc Roc also had a few tricks, check this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6616598) for a link or the Jakeverse thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137447).

HalfQuart
2013-10-09, 07:40 PM
Not quite what you're asking, but there's a bunch of feats in CArc that give 3 spells usable 1/day as spell-like abilities. There are several different ones that give different sets of spells, but I think the formula is you get one 1st level spell and two 0th level spells.

Kennisiou
2013-10-09, 07:46 PM
In Tome of Magic you can use some feats to get access to bindings even if you aren't a binder.

Yogibear41
2013-10-09, 07:51 PM
Is there anyway to do it without being a caster already by level 6? and with choosing the wizard type of casting with Magical Training so you can add more spells to the book?

1st Magical Training, Earth Sense

3rd Heighten Spell

6th Earth Spell (can cast 1st level spells)

is there a faster way to do this that I am missing?

Does being an artificer help? Let say I am an artificer3/fighter 3 and want to be able to cast as high of a level spell as I can at level 6 via using a spellbook.

Pickford
2013-10-10, 02:57 AM
Is there anyway to do it without being a caster already by level 6? and with choosing the wizard type of casting with Magical Training so you can add more spells to the book?

1st Magical Training, Earth Sense

3rd Heighten Spell

6th Earth Spell (can cast 1st level spells)

is there a faster way to do this that I am missing?

Does being an artificer help? Let say I am an artificer3/fighter 3 and want to be able to cast as high of a level spell as I can at level 6 via using a spellbook.

None of those feats give you the ability to cast spells at a higher level than you have access to through a class. It's possible to get spell-like abilities at CL 1 however.

nedz
2013-10-10, 05:38 AM
There are the Fey and Fiend Heritage feat chains which can give you SLAs. These are similar to what you are asking for.

Dumbledore lives
2013-10-10, 05:50 AM
I don't know how cheesy you're looking for but this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219050) outlines all the common tricks to cheese out fighter spellcasting. With Dark Chaos shuffle you can get 9ths at level one, though that's a bit pricy, you'd probably have to spend a feat on mercantile background to afford it.