PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Build A Weird

SoliaTera
2013-10-09, 07:28 PM
Hello, Folks. Im looking for weird builds what you got throw them at no rum of the mill lick back punchem till he dies here and definitely no normal polymorphing wizards HIGH LEVEL LOW LEVEL WE DONT CARE!

Doc_Maynot
2013-10-09, 08:31 PM
Well I suppose an Int-based Martial Gestalt build could seem weird, so I'll go ahead then.
Name: Katia and Eiza
Race: Dvati (+1 LA)
Flaws:Beady-Eyes, Claustrophobia, Frail, Fussy, Individualist
Starting Feats: Faerie Mysteries Initiate, Keen Intellect, Insightful Reflexes, Tantric x3
Feats Gained via levels: Font of Inspiration x6
Feats From classes: Weapon Finesse (Swashbuckler 1), Endurance (Warblade 9), Diehard (Warblade 17), Blind-fight, Blade Meditation (Warblade 5)
Level Breakdown (Don't know how to do the table thing so sorry.)
Dvati/Dvati
Factotum 1/Swashbuckler 1
Factotum 2/Swashbuckler 2
(Buy off Dvati)
Factotum 3/Swashbuckler 3
Factotum 4/Warblade 1
Factotum 4/Warblade 2
Factotum 5/Warblade 3
Factotum 6/Warblade 4
Factotum 7/Warblade 5
Factotum 8/Warblade 6
Factotum 9/Warblade 7
Factotum 10/Warblade 8
Factotum 11/Warblade 9
Factotum 12/Warblade 10
Factotum 14/Warblade 11
Factotum 15/Warblade 12
Factotum 16/Warblade 13
Factotum 17/Warblade 14
Factotum 18/Warblade 15
Factotum 19/Warblade 16
Factotum 20/Warblade 17

Blackjackg
2013-10-09, 09:35 PM
Ok, so you start with one level of Human Paragon to get Heal as a permanent class skill (you're going to need that in order to get to get the Graft Flesh feat). Then go Dread Necro for 8 levels to get the familiar (personally, I say go with the Quasit) and take Graft Flesh as your 9th level feat. Your next 11 levels get split between Fleshwarper and Alienist (I say Fleshwarper 6/Alienist 5). So by level 20, your Cthulhu-style cultist nutjob is half-undead, half-aberration, and half-outsider.

And the less said about your aberrant pseudonatural quasit familiar, the better.

SoliaTera
2013-10-10, 08:20 AM
Ok, so you start with one level of Human Paragon to get Heal as a permanent class skill (you're going to need that in order to get to get the Graft Flesh feat). Then go Dread Necro for 8 levels to get the familiar (personally, I say go with the Quasit) and take Graft Flesh as your 9th level feat. Your next 11 levels get split between Fleshwarper and Alienist (I say Fleshwarper 6/Alienist 5). So by level 20, your Cthulhu-style cultist nutjob is half-undead, half-aberration, and half-outsider.

And the less said about your aberrant pseudonatural quasit familiar, the better.

I love this build!!!! Keep em up!

Snowbluff
2013-10-10, 08:26 AM
I've been fiddling with a Totemist 5/Vampire1/Souleater1/Lifedrinker10. This guy eats peoples level to fuel bonuses from Lifedrinker.

Ruethgar
2013-10-10, 11:08 AM
I've been fiddling with a Totemist 5/Vampire1/Souleater1/Lifedrinker10. This guy eats peoples level to fuel bonuses from Lifedrinker.

How odd that you mention that, I was just looking at making a soul eating vampire. I changed it to a Half-Vampire Human Warlock 1/Vampire Bloodline 3/Warlock 2/Chameleon 7/Lifedrinker 10. Would use a Vampiric(Book of Templates) Muckdweller for a soul eater to grab Attach and Con Drain as well as being a montrous humanoid to eat souls.

nedz
2013-10-10, 12:08 PM
Tu Famough Chane
Janni Medium Outsider (Native)
LA+5, Outsider 6, Horizon Walker 8 ECL 19

Feats Education, Imp Init(B), Endurance, Combat Reflexes, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip

Janni
Change Size(Sp) Enlarge Person/ Reduce Person Fort DC 12 2/day
Invisability(Sp) self only 3/day CL 12th
Speak with Animals (Sp) 3/day CL 12th
Create Food and Water 1/day CL 7th
Ethereal Jaunt Personal 1/day 1 hour CL 12th
Elemental Endurance Survive on elemental planes for 48 hours, 1 HP/hour for overstaying
Plane Shift Astral, any Elemental, and Material up to 8 others CL 13th
Telepathy 100'
Languages Aquan, Auran, Ignan, Terran, ...

Horizon Walker
Terrain Mastery Forest, Hills, Marsh, Plains, Desert, Weightless(Planar), Shifting(Planar), Aligned(Planar)
+1 to hit +1 damage against creatures from these environments
Desert: Immune to Fatigue, Exhaustion becomes Fatigue
Weightless(Planar) +30' fly on planes with no or subjective gravity
Shifting(Planar) Dimension Door(Sp) once every 1d4 rds
Aligned(Planar) Immune to Planer Align effects. Immune to spells (etc) which harm opp align

Reasonable tripper, doesn't do much damage, skills would be excellent if it wasn't for the LA, Excellent taxi service.

It's a mid-OP build which is notable for not having a base class.

Snowbluff
2013-10-10, 12:50 PM
How odd that you mention that, I was just looking at making a soul eating vampire. I changed it to a Half-Vampire Human Warlock 1/Vampire Bloodline 3/Warlock 2/Chameleon 7/Lifedrinker 10. Would use a Vampiric(Book of Templates) Muckdweller for a soul eater to grab Attach and Con Drain as well as being a montrous humanoid to eat souls.

Are half vampires vampire enough for Lifedrinker? :smallconfused:

SoliaTera
2013-10-11, 11:50 AM
Are half vampires vampire enough for Lifedrinker? :smallconfused:

They are and AYE BRUSH BRUSH WERE ARES MY PSIONIC HOMIES AT.

Snowbluff
2013-10-11, 12:04 PM
They are and You mind explaining that?

AYE BRUSH BRUSH WERE ARES MY PSIONIC HOMIES AT.

Phrenic Half-fey with Magic in the Blood.

SoliaTera
2013-10-11, 06:25 PM
You mind explaining that?

Phrenic Half-fey with Magic in the Blood.

arent half vams considered vams i believe

Ortesk
2013-10-11, 06:56 PM
1 Willing Deformity, F: Willing Deformity (Bite), F:Weapon Focus (Bite) 3: Alertness 6 Weapon Finesse 9: two weapon fighting 12: Improved two weapon fighting

Jerlmaine Monk 7/Soul Eater 10
Get speed on both hands and use Flurry. Get 3 attacks on BAB, 2 speed, 1 flurry, 2 twf. 8 attacks, 16 neg levels, 1 foot of death coming at you

SciChronic
2013-10-11, 06:57 PM
1 Cloistered Cleric 1
2 Soulknife 1
3 Soulknife 2
4 Arcane Hunter Ranger 1
5 Arcane Hunter Ranger 2
6 Soulbow 1
7 Soulbow 2
8 Chameleon 1
9 Chameleon 2
10 Kensai 1
11 Kensai 2
12 Kensai 3
13 Shiba Protector 1
14 Chameleon 3
15 Chameleon 4
16 Chameleon 5
17 Swordsage 1
18 Swordsage 2
19 Chameleon 6
20 Chameleon 7

Feats (req. 2 flaws)
Able Learner[human], Point Blank Shot[CL1], Knowledge Devotion[Devotion Feat], Extend Spell[Domain: Planning], Extra Turning[Flaw 1], Extra Turning[Flaw2], Travel Devotion[Devotion Feat], Weapon Focus (mindblade)[soulknife 1], Hidden Talent[Soulknife 1], Zen Archery[CL3], Track[Ranger1], Wild Empathy[Ranger 1], Rapid Shot[Ranger 2], Persistant Spell[CL6], Precise Shot[Soulbow1], DMM Persist (Persistant Spell)[CL9], Floating Feat[Chameleon2], Woodland Archer[CL12], Extra Turning [CL15], Extra Turning [CL18].

Race: Human

Kensai Levels apply Splitting to Mind Arrows, Soulbow Levels allow for a +1 bonus of your choice

DMM Persist through Cloistered Cleric and Chameleon Levels allow you to persist Divine Power, Swift Haste, and Eagle's Splendor

Zen Archery and Shiba Protector allow Double Wisdom Modifier to attack

Shiba Protector allows Wisdom to damage

Slipperychicken
2013-10-11, 07:21 PM
Someone should link the Nasty Gentleman and Pervirtuoso builds.

Builds like Flaming Homer and other knockback/dungeoncrasher things might deserve mention.

Tippy's Bird of Prey is pretty weird too. You don't often see eagles who can fire mind-bolts from 3000 feet away without penalty and have 1,000 mile Mindsight.

Chuck E. Cheese was weird (speed record guy, circumnavigates globe in ~1 round IIRC). Too bad errata nullified him.

TroubleBrewing
2013-10-11, 07:30 PM
Human Commoner 1/Survivor 5/Hexblade 3/Fortune's Friend 5/something else 6.

Take tons of luck feats. You are now the ultimate hireling with zero offensive capability, but you likely won't die horribly. You've got Improved Evasion, Mettle, damage reduction, and a whole suite of other defensive abilities.

mattie_p
2013-10-11, 07:31 PM
I'm still working through some kinks on my build, but here is Sentrosi the were-chicken (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307829):

Anyway, so this is what I have right now, through ECL 15 (LA will be bought off, but for simplicity I'm just posting this for now).

A couple of notes: I'm the DM, so I can approve things that need to be houseruled (like lycanthropic spell). Rebuilding rules from PHBII are utilized, after qualifying for Tenebrous Apostate, because we don't need actual binder levels, only effective binder levels. Potential to use DCFS. This will be a BBEG (or a SBEC - Small Bad Evil Chicken?) so some mild shenanigans are permitted.

CE Strongheart Halfling Inherited Were-chicken

http://www.goatgarden.com/images/chickens.jpg

Level 1: Commoner 1 (1-2 feats available) (Also probably dedicated to Elder Evil)

Levels 2-4: Lycanthrope LA +3 (Inherited template -> Wis +2, Nat Armor +2, bonus feats: alertness, iron will, weapon finesse, DR 10/silver)

Level 5: Binder 1 (Binder level 1)

Level 6: Binder 2 (Binder level 2)-> Rebuilt to C. Cleric 5 at ECL 15 (Feat: Improved Binding -> requires 4 ranks intimidate)

Level 7: Binder 3 (Binder level 3)-> Rebuilt to C. Cleric 4 at ECL 14

Level 8: Binder 4 (Binder level 4)-> Rebuilt to C. Cleric 3 at ECL 13

Level 9: Binder 5 (Binder level 5)-> Rebuilt to C. Cleric 2 at ECL 12 (Feat: Lycanthropic Spell from Faiths and Pantheons (3.0, houseruled that improved control shape is not required as it used to be a bonus feat for lycanthropes)

Level 10: C. Cleric of Tenebrous 1 (Binder level 5, Cleric level 1)

Level 11: Tenebrous Apostate 1 (Binder level 5, Cleric level 1)

Level 12: Tenebrous Apostate 2 (effective Binder level 6, effective Cleric level 2, B5, C3 after rebuild, this ensures we remain qualified for TA) (Planar touchstone[Catalogues of Enlightment: Inquisition Domain])

Level 13: Tenebrous Apostate 3 (effective Binder level 6, effective Cleric level 4, B5, C5 after rebuild) (Also, prior to rebuild, maybe we DCFS the bonus binder feat to something good, just cuz?)

Level 14: Tenebrous Apostate 4 (effective Binder level 6, effective Cleric level 6, B5, C7 after rebuild)

Level 15: Tenebrous Apostate 5 (effective Binder level 6, effective Cleric level 8, effective B5, effective C9 after rebuild) (Divine Defiance)

So I have 5-8 levels to play with remaining, I'd like to max cleric casting for this so there'd better be a good reason to drop caster advancement in an additional prestige class(es).

Any feedback is appreciated.

What prestige classes should I look at? Preferably ones that use feats already utilized or gained from the Lycanthrope template (unless I decide to DCFS them).

Also, have two feats at level 1 available (its a commoner level, so beware of pre-reqs. I'll probably count Chicken Infested as a feat, not a flaw, so maybe 1 feat available at level 1), as well as potential for up to 5 bonus [Vile] feats and up to two additional feats from levels.

Two domains available: selected from Death, Chaos, Evil, and Trickery. Which options do you prefer?

Snowbluff
2013-10-11, 07:56 PM
Divine Minion Something1/Mater of many Forms8/Chameleon2+

Wildshape and gain all the Ex ability, then use the chameolon floating feat for Assume Su. Then pretend to be anyone.

arent half vams considered vams i believe
If they are, it's something I didn't know about.

Two domains available: selected from Death, Chaos, Evil, and Trickery. Which options do you prefer?

Trickery and Death.

John Longarrow
2013-10-11, 08:02 PM
1) Awakened Hawk that takes levels in Warlock. NOTHING like having a smallish bird that spits arcane death. Best of all, party won't be able to recognize it half the time.

2) Pixie warlock 3. Almost killed a 7th level party with one. Takes See the Unseen and pushes the bolt out to 250'. CR is low, but its ability to do damage and avoid getting hit is outrageous.

Snowbluff
2013-10-11, 08:31 PM
1) Awakened Hawk that takes levels in Warlock. NOTHING like having a smallish bird that spits arcane death. Best of all, party won't be able to recognize it half the time. Tibbit or Sparrow/Crane Hengeyokai. :smallsmile:

2) Pixie warlock 3. Almost killed a 7th level party with one. Takes See the Unseen and pushes the bolt out to 250'. CR is low, but its ability to do damage and avoid getting hit is outrageous.

Even crazier, grab the Pixie Savage Progression, and level it with Legacy Champ/Uncanny Trickster.

Slipperychicken
2013-10-11, 10:30 PM
1) Awakened Hawk that takes levels in Warlock. NOTHING like having a smallish bird that spits arcane death. Best of all, party won't be able to recognize it half the time.

The Bird of Prey (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286818) takes this idea and cranks it up to the max.

So what does all of this mean? That you are an Eagle with a 100 ft. perfect fly speed who can pinpoint the location of any creature within a thousand miles with one Int or greater and that you can then shoot anyone of them within 3,300 feet at no penalty and with a full attack at +36/+31/+28 for 1d8+25 damage.

Entire post, for those too lazy to click a link.

Full build broken down level by level

Attributes (32 PB):
Str: 10
Dex: 18 (14 base, +4 Were)
Con: 14 (12 base, +2 Were)
Int: 12
Wis: 34 (18 base, +2 Were, +4 HD, +4 Inherent, +6 Enhancement)
Cha: 8

ECL 1: Eagle Racial HD
HP: 1d8
BAB: 3/4th (+0)
Fort: +2
Ref: +2
Will: +0
Were Abilities (+4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis)
Feats: Alertness (Eagle), Weapon Finesse (Eagle), Able Learner (1 HD)

ECL 2: Were LA
ECL 3: Were LA
ECL 4: Were LA

ECL 5: Druid 1 (this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid))
HP: 2d8
BAB: 3/4th (+1)
Fort: +4
Ref: +2
Will: +2
Feats: Track (Bonus feat)
Abilities:
Monk AC Bonus, Monk Fast Movement, Favored Enemy (as ranger), Swift Tracker (as ranger), Nature Sense, Wild Empathy, Animal Companion
Spells: level 0 - 3, level 1 - 1

ECL 6: Soulknife 1(this variant (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a))
HP: 3d8
BAB: 3/4th (+2)
Ref: +4
Will: +4
Feats: Hidden Talent (Bonus feat), Weapon Focus: Mindblade (Bonus feat)
Abilities: Mindblade

ECL 7: Soulknife 2
HP: 4d8
BAB: 3/4th (+3)
Ref: +5
Will: +5
Feats: Pointblank Shot (4 HD)
Abilities: Throw Mindblade

ECL 8: Psion 1
HP: 4d8+1d4
BAB: 2/4th (+3)
Ref: +5
Will: +7
Feats: Extend Power
Powers: level 1 - 3, PP/day 4 (2 psion, 2 Hidden Talent)

ECL 9: Soulbow 1
HP: 4d8+1d4+1d10
BAB: 3/4th (+3)
Ref: +7
Will: +9
Feats: Far Shot (Bonus feat)
Abilities: Mind Arrow

ECL 10: Soulbow 2
HP: 4d8+1d4+2d10
BAB: 3/4th (+4)
Ref: +8
Will: +10
Feats: Iron Will (Hole)
Abilities: Mind Arrow Enhancement (+1 equivalent ability)

ECL 11: Soulbow 3
HP: 4d8+1d4+3d10
BAB: 3/4th (+5)
Fort: +5
Will: +10
Feats: Precise Shot (Bonus feat), Combat Expertise (8 HD)
Abilities: +1 Mind Arrow

ECL 12: Shiba Protector 1
HP: 4d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+6/+1)
Fort: +7
Will: +12
Feats: None
Abilities: No Thought (Wis to attack and damage)

ECL 13: Druid 2
HP: 5d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+6/+1)
Fort: +8
Will: +13
Feats: Embrace the Dark Chaos/Shun the Dark Chaos: Weapon Finesse to Dodge, Track to Mobility, Weapon Focus to Zen Archery, Alertness to Combat Reflexes
Abilities: Woodland Stride
Spells: level 0 - 4, level 1 - 2

ECL 14: Shadowdancer 1
HP: 6d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+7/+2)
Ref: +10
Abilities: Hide in Plain Sight (Su)

ECL 15: Druid 3
HP: 7d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+8/+3)
Ref: +11
Feats: Improved Flight (12 HD)
Abilities: Trackless Step
Spells: level 0 -4, level 1 - 2, level 2 - 1

ECL 16: Druid 4
HP: 8d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+9/+4)
Fort: +9
Will: +14
Abilities: Resist Natures Lure
Spells: level 0 - 5, level 1 - 3, level 2 - 2

ECL 17: Druid 5
HP: 9d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+9/+4)
Fort: +9
Will: +14
Abilities: None
Spells: level 0 - 5, level 1 - 3, level 2 - 2, level 3 - 1

ECL 18: Druid 6
HP: 10d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+10/+5)
Fort: +10
Ref: +12
Will: +15
Spells: level 0 - 5, level 1 - 3, level 2 - 3, level 3 - 2

ECL 19: Druid 7
HP: 11d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+11/+6/+1)
Fort: +10
Will: +15
Feats: Improved Flight (16 HD)
Spells: level 0 - 6, level 1 - 4, level 2 - 3, level 3 - 2, level 4 - 1

ECL 20: Druid 8
HP: 12d8+1d4+4d10
BAB: 3/4 (+12/+7/+6)
Fort: +11
Will: +16
Spells: level 0 - 6, level 1 - 4, level 2 - 3, level 3 - 3, level 4 - 2

Condensed version of build

Final Build:
Were-Eagle (1 HD/3 LA)/Druid 1/Soulknife 2/Psion 1/Soulbow 3/Shiba Protector 1/Druid +1 (2 total)/Shadowdancer 1/ Druid +6 (8 total)
HD: 4d10+12d8+1d4
BAB: +12/+7/+6
Fort: +11
Reflex: +12
Will: +12

Unarmored AC Bonus: Wis to AC +1
Unarmored Speed Bonus: +20
Favored Enemy (2)
Swift Tracker
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy
Woodland Stride
Trackless Step
Resist Nature's Lure
Mindblade
Throw Mindblade
+1 Mind Arrow
Mind Arrow Enhancement (+1)
No Thought
Hide In Plain Sight

Powers Known: Four 1st level (1 from any list), 4 PP
Spells: level 0 - 6, level 1 - 4, level 2 - 3, level 3 - 3, level 4 - 2

Feats: Alertness (Eagle), Weapon Finesse (Eagle), Track (Bonus feat), Able Learner (1 HD), Hidden Talent (Bonus feat), Weapon Focus: Mindblade (Bonus feat), Pointblank Shot (4 HD), Extend Power (bonus feat), Far Shot (Bonus feat), Iron Will (Hole), Precise Shot (Bonus feat), Combat Expertise (8 HD), Dodge (CS Weapon Finesse), Mobility (CS Track), Zen Archery (CS Weapon Focus), Improved Flight (12 HD), Improved Flight (16 HD), Combat Reflexes (CS Alertness), Practiced Manifester: Psion (CS Combat Expertise), Metamorphic Transfer (CS Dodge), Mindsight (CS Mobility), Persistent Power (CS Iron Will)

Feats on final build: Hidden Talent, Pointblank Shot, Extend Power, Far Shot, Precise Shot, Zen Archery, Improved Flight, Improved Flight, Practiced Manifester, Metamorphic Transfer, Mindsight, Able Learner, Persistent Power, Metapower: Persistent Guided Shot, Earth Sense (grab from location and shuffle), Earth Power (grab from location and shuffle)

Type: Human (Shapechange)
HD: 4d10+12d8+1d4+34
Initiative: +4
Speed: 50 ft., fly 100 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 35 (10+13 (Monk AC)+8 Bracers of Armor+4 Dex), touch 27, flat-footed 31
Ranged Attack Bonus: +36/+31/+28 [+12 (Wis from Zen Archery)+12 (Wis from No thought)+12 (BAB)]
Special Attacks: Distance Mind Arrow +37 AB, 1d8+25 Damage (range increment 330)
Special Qualities: Lots
Screw it, I might type up the rest of the stat block later. Check out the two Spoilers if you want all the details.

Now onto the fun stuff.

This build would probably suck pretty badly to play up until it hits the late game although it can work around ECL 12-13.

Basic idea is that you spend virtually all your time in your Were form as an Eagle. Before this however, you go and buy a Skin of Proteus at ML 10 and turn into a Spellweaver (MM2 page 187) and use Metamorphic Transfer to get its 1,000 mile telepathy which is combined with Mindsight to let you find all minds within said area. You then use your Were Alternate Form ability (which thanks to how the Skin and AF interact is RAW legal) which carries over the telepathy into Eagle form (and thus the Mindsight).

Use your Soulbow ability for Seeking which negates Concealment. Combined with Mindsight you need never make a Spot check.

Now go and pay a level 17 Spell to Power Erudite (can get any spell from a Wyrm Wizard) with the spell Guided Shot to transfer it to you with Psychic Chiguery, it only costs 1,530 GP and a thousand XP from you. This spell is a swift action and while it is in effect your ranged attacks ignore everything less than total cover and don't take a penalty from Distance. A 5 point cognizance crystal is enough when combined with Earth Power, a Torc of Power Preservation, and Metapower to manifest the Persistent Guided Shot.

So what does all of this mean? That you are an Eagle with a 100 ft. perfect fly speed who can pinpoint the location of any creature within a thousand miles with one Int or greater and that you can then shoot anyone of them within 3,300 feet at no penalty and with a full attack at +36/+31/+28 for 1d8+25 damage.

If your DM rules that Guided Shot doesn't negate concealment then halve the range and use a Seeking enhancement instead. If your DM will let an Amulet of Natural Attacks work with a Mindblade then put Collision (+5 damage), Seeking, and Splitting on it.

Future feats should go to a few iterations of Psionic Talent (and later the epic version) so that you can actually have enough PP to do much of anything. Drop a chunk of money on getting all relevant first or zero level spells and powers for much greater versatility.

Make sure to get permanent See Invisible, Invisible Arcane Sight, Tongues, Telepathic Bond (with each party member and your animal companion), Cloudwings (+30 ft. fly speed, Savage Species), and Improved Blindsight (60 ft. blindsight, Savage Species) along with Incarnate Detect Teleportation (augmented and at ML 20 for 300 ft. range), Danger Sense (augmented for Improved Uncanny Dodge), and Know Direction and Location.

A Wilding Clasped Third Eye Conceal is also a good choice.

Skill wise, max out the relevant ones.

----
So to summarize, you have the AB of a Solar, fly as well as a Primal Air Elemental (better with cloud wings), the AC of a Solar, and consistently out damage a Solar while being able to detect every mind in a thousand miles and shoot anyone within a bit over half a mile of you. All while you get to play as a small little eagle; and you still have 4th level Druid spells.

Incidentally, I think that I could actually make this significantly better with Vow of Poverty (but who wants to play as an exalted :smalltongue: and I don't feel like putting in the work or coming up with the extra 11 feats I would Chaos Shuffle - leave the vow though).

So let's be honest, how many of your groups would be able to realistically deal with this threat at level 20. Especially when Charles has a belt of battle and the ability to use Metapower Linked Synchronicity Synchronicity and Craft Contingent: Favor of the Martyr plus Craft Contingent: Greater Celerity.

Sure they would probably survive (what high level party doesn't have automated get out of danger contingencies?) but that's about all.

So here you go, Charles the Bird of Prey. Not the theoretical best but still very nasty.

I really should write up the level 20 sheet for a VoP Chaos Shuffle Gestalt version with Factotum 8/Fighter or Feat Rogue 12 on it that has maxed Font of Inspiration and got all those nice but not able to fit feats as well.

Incidentally, I originally started this with a Wildshape Ranger/Monk.

Irk
2013-10-11, 10:51 PM
Anthropomorphic tapeworm, just because you can.

thorr-kan
2013-10-11, 10:52 PM
Half-orc Dwarven Defender.

Fighter 2/Half-orc Paragon 3/Stoneblessed 3/Dwarven Defender 10/Flavor as desired 2.
1 Toughness
F1 Dodge
F2 Season to taste
3 Endurance
6 Extra Rage
9+ Season to taste

Legendxp
2013-10-11, 11:14 PM
Pixie Ghost, was ethereal and had greater invisibility always on. I made him into a sneak attack spellcaster (Spellwarped Sniper I think?)

WhamBamSam
2013-10-11, 11:17 PM
I'm still working through some kinks on my build, but here is Sentrosi the were-chicken (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307829):

Any feedback is appreciated.
Since I declined Sentrosi judging in IC I'll try to be more help now.

With the new SI I've got the taint rules on my mind, and Eldrich Corruption might work well when you've got a NI supply of chicken allies to supply the Con resource (unless chicken infested chickens count as summoned creatures in which case it doesn't work).

Since you can bind Naberius and you're dedicating yourself to an elder evil, you might as well do the Chosen of Evil thing.

I was going to recommend Death Devotion and a returning thrown weapon, since the idea of a knife flying out of a swarm of chickens to inflict a negative level before going back into said swarm is funny and, y'know, Halfling, but that seems hard to make actually effective. Maybe put returning spiked armor on an awakened chicken PsyWar/Swordsage with Compression and throw him, though that'd probably still be suboptimal. So yeah, probably just forget this line of thought.

For Classes, a couple levels of Divine Oracle for Evasion could be worth it for when the party inevitably flings an AoE at the swarm of chickens you're hiding in. Bone Knight would be n-1/n cleric casting, would increase the effective level of your Cleric rebukes, gets you a skeletal pony if you want to expand the idea into a whole farm of death, and has some undead minionmancy stuff in it that Sentrosi might like.

For my own weird ideas, I've been playing with the Dracolich and Vampiric dragon templates on Dragonwrought Kobolds recently. They have a few hiccups due to kobolds' small size, but they're generally better for making PC liches and vampires. Dracolich puts the paralyzing touch Save or Die on all your physical attacks and Vampiric dragon is +5 LA instead of +8, getting you energy drain on your claw/claw/bite routine, less serious vampiric weaknesses, and oh yeah, the ability to vampirize dragons of adult age or older as well as humanoids/monstrous humanoids, in exchange for Children of the Night and the slam attack.

The size issue for Dracolich is actually sort of amusing. A Dracolich Kobold can't possess its own small sized corpse by RAW, so you need to go on a graverobbing and/or murder spree at some lizardfolk village in order to play one. So just swallow the +4 LA like a man and go Savage Bard 5/Ur Priest 2/Geomancer 9, persist the usual buffs and pounce on people with enough natural weapons to pretty much ensure that they'll fail the save against paralysis at some point if they aren't killed outright.

Vampiric Dragonwrought Kobolds are potentially even more awesome, but also more problematic, as you really, really want to get Vampiric dragon minions, but you need to be within one size category of the dragon that you want to vampirize and be able to grapple and pin the thing. Currently, the best I've got is Wu Jen 3/Totemist 2/Soulcaster 10, vampirizing a pet War Chanter for BAB, but ideally it could also be done with something a bit less full caster-y and without emphasis on a specific minion. Expansion could get you up to Large, which could at least initiate the grapple with most adult dragons, but I don't really have a good 15 level PsyWar/Totemist build to do the job offhand.

Rakaydos
2013-10-11, 11:22 PM
Half Dragon Dragonborn Dragonwrought (kobold) Dragon Disciple.

So I herd you like dragons...

For that matter, can a Dragon Hatchling become a Dragonborn?

Slipperychicken
2013-10-11, 11:26 PM
I recall there was one build presented, long ago, in one of those Fighter vs. Wizard threads. It involved a character being incorporeal (I think he was a ghost) and having a continuous item of Antimagic Field which was also incorporeal, presumably to counter wizards better. Only after he posted it did we realize that, if this character activated his AMF, he (along with the AMF item) would wink in and out of existence forever in a bizarre quantum state.

tl;dr version: Be a ghost with a continuous item of AMF as one of your possessions, activate it and then you stop existing.

WhamBamSam
2013-10-11, 11:42 PM
Half Dragon Dragonborn Dragonwrought (kobold) Dragon Disciple.

So I herd you like dragons...

For that matter, can a Dragon Hatchling become a Dragonborn?A DWK can't be a Dragon Disciple, since you have to be a non-dragon when entering to qualify.

True Dragon Dragonborns are weird, since the section on the Ritual of Rebirth in Races of the Dragon says that the creature emerges as an adult, and it gives you a new set of age categories of which there are less than 12.

So on the plus side, your character just became an adult dragon. Unfortunately, he's likely no longer a True Dragon, so he might lose his Sovereign Archetype, and more importantly that adult age means he now has a LA of -- and is unplayable.