PDA

View Full Version : Discussion VS Fact

AtlanteanTroll
2013-10-09, 11:34 PM
Where does the line cross, in politics, from discussion to making a factual statement? For example, I assume I am allowed to say "President Obama was elected in 2008" in a thread, but the minute people start talking about the different candidates and why Obama was elected, then it crosses the line.

Douglas
2013-10-09, 11:48 PM
A better question might be under what possible circumstances such a fact might be relevant to a thread without the thread crossing the line. I can't think of any.

Roland St. Jude
2013-10-10, 12:43 AM
Where does the line cross, in politics, from discussion to making a factual statement? For example, I assume I am allowed to say "President Obama was elected in 2008" in a thread, but the minute people start talking about the different candidates and why Obama was elected, then it crosses the line.Sheriff: No. That's a distinction without a difference. Leave all real world politics outside the Playground. The rule isn't limited to opinion, argument, or any other subset of real world political discussion. Even the single fact mentioned is discussion - prohibited discussion.