PDA

View Full Version : Entomanothropy: confusing?

danzibr
2013-10-10, 09:24 AM
I was reading this (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a) and got confused.

Basically you have a base creature and a vermin you want to combine it with, so to speak. I'll refer to this as base creature+vermin=entomanothrope. Starting with the size and type entry, it says the following:

Size of entomanothrope = size of base creature.
Requirement: size of vermin < size of base creature +2.
Size of hybrid form = size of base creature.
Size of vermin form = size of base creature -1.

Okay, I follow it. Then we get this sentence.

For example, an entomanothrope that is humanoid and Large monstrous scorpion could become a Small monstrous scorpion, though its hybrid form would be Medium and its normal vermin form would be Large.

Wait, does this mean it has multiple vermin forms? So human+large monstrous scorpion can become either a small monstrous scorpion or a large monstrous scorpion? Is there some distinction between "normal vermin form" and some other vermin form (other than hybrid)?

Alright, so we skip down to Alternate Form (Su) for some clarity. It says

An entomanothrope can assume the form of a single type of vermin as if using a polymorph spell on itself

And it talks about hybrid form, but... that's it.

Also, later it says

entomanothrope's physical ability scores equal the animal's normal ability scores -10 or -11

I assume that's just a typo, and it should say something like a gaining a bonus equal to the animal's normal ability scores -10 or -11.

Or maybe my reading comprehension is just down.