PDA

View Full Version : Master Thrower

Ruethgar
2013-10-10, 10:30 AM
Is the Two in One Blow ability ever worth it? You have to be able to hit 2 targets with a thrown weapon. Depending on your reading this must be done with a single weapon(splash potion only pretty much) or two weapons in rapid succession(rapid fire -2 attack). So if you hit two targets, you can take -4 to roll one attack instead of rolling two. If you use a splash potion, the most legal option, then it doesn't matter because they get reflex anyway.

Deca4531
2013-10-10, 10:34 AM
I have never been a big fan of that class, you can get more bang for your buck with a certain Tomb of Battle Prc that focues of throwing, but i cant remember the name at the moment.

Draken
2013-10-10, 10:46 AM
That's the Bloodstorm Blade, a much better class, indeed.

Anyway. I think that first line of that ability is completely misworded. The first line makes an implication that is simply wrong. The whole thing should probably have been written as: "A master thrower with this ability can use a thrown weapon to attack two opponents adjacent to one another by taking a -4 penalty to her attack rolls. The attack may hit either, both, or neither opponent depending on the roll and the Armor Class of each opponent. Damage for each opponent is resolved separately. If the attack roll results in the threat of a critical hit, roll to confirm each critical hit separately."

The underlined part is what was actually changed.

Either way, the class more or less falls flat in the face of Bloodstorm Blade, its only use is taking a single level for Deadeye Shot or Trip Shot, I would think, since you will probably qualify for it anyway.

Ruethgar
2013-10-10, 11:36 AM
The build is utilizing the choice of words on produce flame as the thrown weapon in question making a chunk of bloodstorm blade not all that great. It essentially knocks it back to a 3.0 PrC with the number of dead levels. Still, I wasn't planning on that much Master Thrower anyway.