PDA

View Full Version : Templates

Proud Tortoise
2013-10-10, 05:00 PM
Is there any resource where I can get stats for a variety of creatures with templates applied to them? Many different types of zombie, for example?

Urpriest
2013-10-10, 06:59 PM
You'll see occasional ones in the various monster manuals. I don't think there's any central resource. But anyway, applying templates is fun! No reason not to just do them yourself, unless you're really in a hurry.

ryu
2013-10-10, 07:02 PM
Ditto to applying templates. Just keep in mind that applying more than ten to a creature at the same time obligates you to scream questions about what science has done.

Karnith
2013-10-10, 07:08 PM
Libris Mortis contains a number of sample Ghosts, Liches, Skeletons, Vampires, and Zombies, as befits a book that's all about bad Latin the undead.

Ranting Fool
2013-10-10, 07:20 PM
I sadly don't have a link but I do remember coming across someone who has compiled most (all?) of them listing what books they are from.

Hopefully someone out there will list a handy thread and I can remember to book mark it :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2013-10-10, 07:28 PM
I sadly don't have a link but I do remember coming across someone who has compiled most (all?) of them listing what books they are from.

Hopefully someone out there will list a handy thread and I can remember to book mark it :smallbiggrin:
Those would be the Crystal Keep indexes. The original site went down a while ago due to being illegal, but you can still find them around. Be careful, though - the files are notorious for being inaccurate or out of date, so always double-check with the original source.

Ranting Fool
2013-10-10, 07:37 PM
Those would be the Crystal Keep indexes. The original site went down a while ago due to being illegal, but you can still find them around. Be careful, though - the files are notorious for being inaccurate or out of date, so always double-check with the original source.

I ALWAYS check with the original source / forum if I haven't got it. My players seem to get a bit miffed when I always double check things but but a few too many "oops I missed out half the requirements" means I have to spend more time checking things when I could be procrastinating on these forums :smallbiggrin: