PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer Solo

Eonas
2013-10-10, 05:59 PM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307167)

The journey from Khazan to Regmarch was long and arduous, for the traveler had to brave miles of thick forest, with the only road being largely overgrown by plants and in a state of disrepair. Worse, there were the animals, large and ravenous, and primitive orcs, and things far stranger. At last Lorne Acheron, more dead than alive, arrived at the edge of the forest, and saw in the plains before him, at a distance of several hundred yards, the large wooden palisade that indicated the border of the town of Regmarch.

As he approaches the palisade, an armed and armored man guarding the gate from the other side cries "Halt! What is your business here?"

Falco1029
2013-10-10, 06:14 PM
Eyes dazed and throat chafed, he coughs several times as he approaches the palisade, a trickle of blood running down the corner of his mouth after the last one.

Trudging forward, he shields his eyes a bit as he looks over towards the palisade, seeing the man there, and trying to collect his thoughts.

"I've been on the road for days. I just need some water and a place to stay... I can pay for it," he explains in a raspy voice, coming so close as to lean a hand against the gate so he can take a few breaths, so long as the guard doesn't stop him.

In the state he's in, he can't really force his way inside, so he's going to play polite for now. And hope they don't assume the worst of someone with his lineage's appearance.

Eonas
2013-10-11, 06:37 PM
The guard peers at Lorne suspiciously for a moment, then steps aside for Lorne to enter.

Once inside, Lorne sees a small town filled with sturdy homes and various people going about their business. The guard whistles, and instantly another young man runs up to him. "Bring the newcomer to the chief." the guard instructs the other young man curtly, and turns back toward the forest again.

The young man has none of the armor that the guard does, and is instead clad in simple peasant's garb, as well as a sword and scabbard hanging loosely at his side. He looks like a pleasant, casual sort, the type that's a laugh at parties. As soon as the guard turns away, the man starts leading Lorne into the heart of the town. After a moment, he attempts to strike up speech with the newcomer: "My name's Torita. It's great to see somebody new here - the last time we got a visitor was ages ago. What's your name, if I might ask?"

Falco1029
2013-10-11, 06:51 PM
"Thank you..." he says to the guard as he goes to open the gate, trudging inside. In reality, his injuries are mostly external scars at this point, as he's capable of healing himself, but fatigue and thirst are two things he hasn't found ways to overcome yet, so he may as well be nearly dead in other ways as well.

Glancing to the new guard as he begins to lead him further into town, he takes a slow breath before answering, "Lorne," he says simply, avoiding anything about where exactly he's from. He's not yet sure if they have even simple wizards here, possibly capable of sending messages or looking into the place to find out why he's gone.

"Before we meet the chief, do you have any water? I don't have the energy to talk to anyone without rehydrating, I don't think," he asks.

Still, even in his state, he's looking the place over, checking for numbers of guards and how they're split in makeup (armed and armored like the first guard vs peasant with a stick like this one). For future reference, of course.

Eonas
2013-10-13, 10:41 AM
Torita smiles as he fetches a water bottle from the folds of his clothes and hands it to Lorne. "Pleased to meet you. Here's something to drink until we get you a proper meal and rest. Been on the road a long time?

As Lorne looks around him, he sees that a very good portion of the population looks very fit, though only a handful are armed beyond a simple sword, dagger, or axe.

Let me know when you're finished talking to Torita and want to jump to the part where you talk to the chief (or whatever Torita's actually taking you to do).

Falco1029
2013-10-13, 06:21 PM
He simply nods in response to the question since as soon as the bottle is procured he's tipping it back and downing a significant portion of it, though he's smart enough to not just drink the entire thing at once.

Taking a breath afterward, he adds on to his answer more audibly, "A lot longer than is healthy," he murmurs.

Can jump ahead whenever you're ready, was mainly doing basic information gathering.