PDA

View Full Version : Does this actually exist?

Undertucker
2013-10-10, 07:48 PM
I'm piecing together a character for a new game I should joining soon from some ideas notes I made a long time ago. However I've run into a small problem, my notes mention a template called Inheritor but I've come up completely blank as to where it originally came from...

So my question is, does this template actually exist?
According to my notes Inheritor:
- is a +1 LA template
- grants as Spell Like Abilities comprehend languages & divine favor 3/day
- gives a +2 to Wisdom
- has a floating feat you get to 'channel' from a list for each 24hr period and allows you to 'channel' bonuses to 3 skills for each 24hr period

Not sure how accurate these notes are, but if you've seen something like this somewhere please let me know where it was. :smallsmile:

Clistenes
2013-10-10, 08:33 PM
I'm piecing together a character for a new game I should joining soon from some ideas notes I made a long time ago. However I've run into a small problem, my notes mention a template called Inheritor but I've come up completely blank as to where it originally came from...

So my question is, does this template actually exist?
According to my notes Inheritor:
- is a +1 LA template
- grants as Spell Like Abilities comprehend languages & divine favor 3/day
- gives a +2 to Wisdom
- has a floating feat you get to 'channel' from a list for each 24hr period and allows you to 'channel' bonuses to 3 skills for each 24hr period

Not sure how accurate these notes are, but if you've seen something like this somewhere please let me know where it was. :smallsmile:

That sounds like the Heir Inheritor Template from Template Troves III, pag 32.

I can't remember the source but it grants:

-Spell Like Abilities (Sp) 3/day, Caster level 5th: Comprehend languages, Divine favour.
-Channeled Skills (Su): +4 racial bonus to any class skill, or a +2 racial bonus to any cross-class skill, 3/day
-Channeled Feat (Su), 1/day: you can access any feat you already qualify for.
+2 to Wisdom
-LA +1

The character is sort of a medium that contacts his ancestors and receives their knowledge and wisdom.

Augmental
2013-10-10, 08:46 PM
That sounds like the Heir Inheritor Template from Template Troves III, pag 32.

I can't remember the source but it grants:

-Spell Like Abilities (Sp) 3/day, Caster level 5th: Comprehend languages, Divine favour.
-Channeled Skills (Su): +4 racial bonus to any class skill, or a +2 racial bonus to any cross-class skill, 3/day
-Channeled Feat (Su), 1/day: you can access any feat you already qualify for.
+2 to Wisdom
-LA +1

The character is sort of a medium that contacts his ancestors and receives their knowledge and wisdom.

A floating feat for just +1 LA? Now that's a steal. :smallamused:

Undertucker
2013-10-10, 09:42 PM
That's it! Thanks Clistenes, now I know I'm wasn't going crazy. Just have to find a copy of that book.

It's definitely good value for only a +1.

Clistenes
2013-10-11, 10:49 AM
A floating feat for just +1 LA? Now that's a steal. :smallamused:

Well, they give a list of feats to choose, but said list is considered a suggestion, not a hard rule.

Anyway, it's a great template, specially is you use the Unearthed Arcane LA buyoff rules to get rid of the Level Adjustment early.