PDA

View Full Version : More questions regarding Adobe Illustrator

ufo
2007-01-01, 08:38 AM
Okay, here's some more stuff i need help with in Adobe Illustrator:

1. The default line width is 1 pt. I have been told to use 2 pt, but they feel big and clumsy. But i am in dire need of a smaller line width for details, and if i click the drop down menu for line widths, i see 0.75 0.50 and 0.25, however, if i choose one of these, it automatically sets back to 1 pt. Any way to fix?

2. I already have trouble with fill coloring, but it tends to work out in the long run. However, when i make one of the thingies (live paint group?) for fill coloring, i cannot make a group containing two different types of lines (i.e: i cannot make a live paint group containing both basic line tool and bezier line tool, or basic line tool and pencil). Anyway to fix?

3. And last, i would like to know if anyone would know a guide have to make weapons in Illustrator? I found a link somewhere here, but link from this fora to other parts of the fora simply throw me to forums main page. If problem #1 is fixed, i don't think this problem is overly necessary to be answered.

Pop Goes the Weasel
2007-01-01, 12:01 PM
1. Just use 1pt for detail. It looks big, but it is more in keeping with the OotS style.

2. I don't know.

3. The links that don't work are for the old yabb framework. This is where you want to go (a working link!). (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8742&page=2#41)