PDA

View Full Version : PRP: Persona Role Player (working title)

DedWards
2013-10-11, 12:04 PM
I started this project as I couldn't (at the time) find a system that I was happy with that emulated the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series of games, other than tweaks to already established systems (like Mutants and Masterminds). I didn't want to tweak another system, but rather a standalone system.

I've started basing this system off info I have on Persona 4 as it's the one I've played the most. I do plan on adding elements of the other Persona games once I have a working base. The only exception is I want to split the Physical Skills into the three used in Persona 3 (Slash, Strike and Pierce) rite from the beginning.

Edit 1:
Some minor corrections and the addition of the Skill Ranks

Edit 2 (22 October 2013):
Updated the Social Ladder
Added Arcana Groupings

Edit 3 (25 Oct 2013):
Reworked Social Interactions
Some minor tweaks

Edit 4 (28 Oct 2013):
Reworked Combat to reduce the number of dice rolls
Reworked the Character Sheet to reflect the updates so far

Edit 5 (05 Nov 2013):
Re-ranked the Skills

Edit 6 (13 Nov 2013):
Re-wrote a lot of the rules to fix a few things that where bothering me
The only dice PRP uses is the d6. Majority of the rolls made will be Attribute Rolls. This is done by counting the number of dots your character has in the appropriate attribute (the attribute's rank) and rolling that many dice, but one of the dice rolled must be of a different colour. This differently coloured die is referred to as the Luck Die (see below). Combat rolls are done differently, this difference is covered in the Combat section. The roll then has all face up values on the dice totalled up and is then compared against the difficulty of the task being rolled for (set by the DM).

Any roll using a Luck Die and it lands on a 6 is considered a Critical Success. With Attribute Rolls, a Critical Success has 6 added to the result (this is the 6 from the Luck Die) and the Luck Die is rerolled. Any Further 6's does not get a reroll.

Any roll using a Luck Die and it lands on a 1 is considered a Critical Failure. With Attribute Rolls, a Critical Failure has the Luck Die's 1 and one other die of the highest value removed from the total. This removal cannot reduce the total number of dice to lower than 1 die.

The Luck Attribute (Lu) has a possible effect on the Luck Die. At any time a Luck Die is rolled, a player may reroll the Luck Die, but must keep the new result. This reroll may be done a number of times per session equal to the character's rank in Lu.

Page 1 of the Character Sheet (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/317/a/a/character_sheet___main_by_vampirechild85-d6q4vah.png). The Second page (http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/301/d/5/character_sheet___social_by_vampirechild85-d6q4x52.png) to the Character Sheet is the Social page and is purely to keep track of the characters Social Links.

Swords (Physical):
04 - Emperor
07 - Chariot
08 - Justice
11 - Strength
16 - Tower

Wands (Magic):
01 - Magician
15 - Devil
17 - Star
19 - Sun
20 - Judgement

Cups (Recovery):
02 - Priestess
03 - Empress
05 - Hierophant
06 - Lovers
14 - Temperance

Coins (Support):
09 - Hermit
10 - Fortune
12 - Hanged Man
13 - Death
18 - Moon

Persona Represent the inner self. All Persona are based off of some mythological and / or historical being. When making a character, after choosing your Arcana, you must then pick a Persona that aligns with what the Arcana represents.

The are two categories for Attributes: Social and Physical. Each category has 5 types in it (I based these off the attributes in the actual game).
Social:
Co - Courage
Ex - Expression
Kn - Knowledge
Di - Diligence
Un - Understanding

Physical:
St - Strength
Ma - Magic
En - Endurance
Ag - Agility
Lu - Luck

Socail Attributes are mostly used for Social interaction with other PC's and NPC's, though Physical Attributes may also be used. If a Physcial Attribute is used, it'd probably be for actions like attempting to impress someone with your athletic skill.

Physical Attributes affect Combat the most (See Combat).

HP and SP are calculated by adding 5 Attributes Ranks together and then multiplying the result by the Arcana's modifier:

HP = (Co + Di + St + En + Ag) x (Arcana HP Mod)

SP = (Ex + Un + Kn + Ma + Lu) x (Arcana SP Mod)

Social Attributes are increased by spending Social Link Points (SLP) on them (See Social Interaction). Physical Attributes are increased by spending Battle Points (BP) on them (See Combat). To raise an attribute you need to spend a number of SLP or BP equal to the rank it is currently at. So if a character has 3 ranks in Kn, it'll cost 3 SLP to raise to rank 4.

Characters may also spend SLP or BP, but not a mix of both, to learn more Skills, but a lot of Skills require more than BP or SLP to purchase. These Skills will require an Attribute to be at a specific rank and / or require the character to have another Skill, normally a lower ranked version. Each character may not have more than 8 Skills at any time. If a player wishes to purchase a new skill, but the character already has 8 Skills, the player may choose to forget a Skill to make room, BUT that forgotten Skill may not be relearned later. The Skill chosen to be forgotten can be the one required to purchase the new Skill, so a character can choose to forget Agi in order to learn Agilao.

I'm trying to design the rules to be a little flexible on when the characters go to the "Shadow World" (TV World in P4 and Tartarus in P3). The days' progression will be split:

-Morning: The first few waking hours.
-Daytime: Late morning to noon
-Afternoon: Noon to sundown
-Night time: Sundown to bedtime

In each portion of the day, the players must chose to do one thing, be it attending school, going to work / part time job, spending time with a friend or going to the Shadow World. During these actions is where story progression should happen with the Shadow World being the main place for combat / dungeon crawling.

Most Social Interaction (SI) will take place during the Daytime or Afternoon. Some SI will result in the start and advancement of Social Links (SL). While most SL will be with NPC's, it is encouraged that the PC's create SL's with each other. SL ranks can be tracked on the 2nd page of the character sheet. Most SL's will start at rank 0 - Neutral on the Social Ladder (bellow).

10•Best Friend (Lover?)
9•
8•
7•Well-Wisher
6•Friendly
5•
4•
3•Acquaintance
2•
1•
0•Neutral
-1•
-2•
-3•Bother
-4•
-5•
-6•Unfriendly
-7•Ill-Wisher
-8•
-9•
-10•Hatred

As a character interacts with a SL, the character has a chance to rise or fall on the Social Ladder through Attribute Rolls. A successful Attribute Roll with a SL during SI will grant the character SLP:

SLP Action
+1 Initiating the SI
+1 Successful Attribute Roll
+1 Critical Success on the Attribute Roll (added to the success makes +2)
0 Not successful on the Attribute Roll
-1* Cancelling a promised SI
-2* Critical Failure on an Attribute Roll

*SI is the only way for a character to go lower than 0 SLP. A character can only spend SLP if the value is positive.

If the DM wishes, he may allow the players to acquire item(s) that correspond to the Arcana. If a character has such an item with him when he interacts with a SL and it's the same Arcana, grant +1 to each action above.

Depending on the DM's decision, when a character makes a Critical Failure of a SI, the SL's arcana may become Reversed. SI with a Reversed SL don’t gain or lose any SLP, but it takes two SI to return the arcana back to normal (effectively apologising). The DM may also grant extra penalties to a reversed arcana.
Most combat involving the manifestation of the characters' Personae will normally take place during the Dungeon Phase and, more often than not, in the Shadow World. Combat progresses in a series of steps:

If the party manages to sneak up on an enemy (normally Shadows), they can get one free round of attacks on them before initiatives are rolled. If the party manages to knock all the enemies Down, they skill get to initiate an All-Out-Attack

If the party is caught off guard, the enemies get the free round.At the start of combat, each character involved must roll 1d6 and add their Ag. This determines the order in which each character acts. Any ties are resolved with the character with the higher Ag going before the other. If the Ag are tied, the two roll to see who goes before the other. You only roll initiative once per combat, not every round. Any Status Debuff, Status Buff or Ailment with a timer has its timer reduced by one during this phase.The character must choose to do one of the following:

-Attack: Attack an enemy with the currently equipped weapon.
-Persona: Use one of the Persona's Skills
-Item: Use an item currently carried
-Guard: Go into a defensive stance and halve the damage received from the next hit taken. Also prevents Down status from that attack. Cannot doge the attack.
-Run: Flee from the current battle. DM rolls 1D6. 1-2: fail the escape; 3-4: escape after two of the character's turns; 5-6: escape after the character's next turn. If an Action knocks an enemy Down (doesn't have to defeat it) and all enemies are Down, the group may perform an All-Out-Attack. All-Out-Attacks are free actions, so they don't affect a character's turn order.The active character afflicted with an Ailment suffers the Ailment's effect if the ailment isn't continuous. If you chose to attack or use a Skill that does damage, roll a number of D6 equal to the amount in your Ag. This is your accuracy score for this attack. Compare your accuracy to the defender's Evasion (Ag x 3). If the accuracy is higher, the attack or Skill hits; if the accuracy is lower or equal, the attack is dodged.

Damage is determined depending on the attack or Skill type. If an attack, roll St and add the weapon's damage. If a Physical Skill, roll St and add the Skill's damage. In both cases, subtract the defender's Physical Resistance (En x 3) from the damage dealt and the defender takes the rest as damage. If the attack is a Magic Skill, the attacker rolls Ma and add the Skill's damage, subtract the defender's Magic Resistance (Ma x 3). Any damage dealt cannot be reduced to less than 1, unless the type is Nullified or Reflected.

Physical Skills and attacks with weapons have a chance to score a critical hit, this is determined with the Wild Die. If a combatant suffers a critical hit, he will be knocked Down, if he was already Down, he will become Dizzy. Note that Magic Skills Critical hits do not Knock the target Down nor can they cause a Downed target to become Dizzy, though they do get the reroll on the Wild Die like normal. The only way a Magic Skill can cause Down or Dizzy is if the target is weak to it's element type.

All characters and enemies have Affinities to the different damage types, with Almighty being the only damage type that there is no affinity to. If a combatant is hit with an attack of the element he has an affinity to, do the following:
Weak: After subtracting Physical or Magical Resistance, double the damage and the target gains the Ailment Down. If the target is already Down, the target becomes Dizzy.

Resist: After subtracting Physical or Magical Resistance, halve the damage rounded up. Critical hits from weapon attacks can still cause the Ailments Down or Dizzy.

Nullify: Take no damage. This also means that Critical hits don't cause the Down or Dizzy Ailment

Reflect: Take no damage and reflect the damage that would've been dealt, before subtracting Physical or Magical Resistance, back at the attacker. Subtract the attacker's Physical or Magical Resistance from the Reflected attack. If both you and the attacker have reflect to the damage type, the effect is Nullified.

Absorb: Subtract Physical or Magical Resistance from the attack, then gain the remaining damage as HP instead of taking the damage. Critical hits do not add to the HP gained (ie don't reroll the Luck Die) nor does a Critical fail cause anything negative (don't remove any dice from the total). Each party member not affected by Down, Dizzy, Rage or Enervation rolls St or Ma, whichever is higher. If a member is affected by Fear, they must first roll a D6 and on a 5 or 6, that PC may join the All-Out-Attack and rolls St or Ma. Total up all the St and Ma and divide it by the number of enemies that are left (rounded down), Each enemy takes Almighty damage of that amount without getting a Physical or Magical Resistance subtracted from it, but also stops being Down or Dizzy. The attacker rolls Ag and adds the Skills bonus or penalty to calculate accuracy. Compare your accuracy to the defender's Evasion (Ag x 3). If the accuracy is higher, the attack or Skill hits; if the accuracy is lower or equal, the attack is dodged.

If the Ailment comes from a Physical attack or Skill, use the attacker's Accuracy for the Physical attack or Skill as the Ailment affects Accuracy, add the Ailment effects bonus or penalty to it. Only do this if the Physical attack or Skill hits.

Weak: {Light and Dark only} Add X as a bonus to the attacker's accuracy

Resist: Halve the accuracy before adding the Skill's bonus / penalty to the accuracy.

Nullify: Defender cannot be affected.

Reflect: {Light and Dark only} prevent the affect and reflect it back at the attacker. If both attacker and defender have reflect to the effect type, the effect is Nullified.Most Ailments last 3 rounds, with the exception of Down and Dizzy. This timer is reduced during the Status Timer Phase. If the combat ends, all ailments are removed.

Down:If the defender is hit with a Physical Skill or a weapon attack that scores a critical, or an attack of her weakness, she is knocked Down and gets back up in the Status Timer Phase.

Dizzy:If the defender is Down and suffers a critical hit from a Physical Skill or a weapon, or takes a hit from his weakness whike Down, he becomes Dizzy. A Dizzy character skips his next turn and only gets back up the following turn.

Fear:At the Start of the Status Timer Phase, roll 1d6:
1: The character runs away from the combat.
2-4: The character acts normally, but if still affected my Fear.
5-6: The character skips the rest of her turn as she's too afraid to do anything.

Panic:At the Start of the Status Timer Phase, roll 1d6:
1: Waste Money- the character loses ¥(1d6 x 100)
2: The character skips the rest of his turn.
3: The character attacks a random ally
4: The character attacks a random enemy
5: The character uses Guard
6: The character Skips the rest of his turn

Rage:The affected character attacks a random enemy every turn. The damage dealt is doubled and any damage the character receives is doubled too.

Mute:The affected character may not use any of her Persona's Skills.

Exhaustion:The affected character loses 10% max SP during the Status Effect Phase.

Poison:The affected character loses 10% max HP during the Status Effect Phase. This cannot take a characters HP to less than 5% max HP.

Enervation:The affected character rolls [X] less d6's, to a minimum of 1d6, on any roll she makes.
Purchasing Skills will require a number of BP or SLP, but not a mixture of both. Some Skills will have prerequisites, like having already learned the lower ranked version and / or having certain Attributes be at a specific rank.
Balzac
Enervation
Evil Touch
Makajam
Poisma
Pulinpa
Soul Break
Agi
Bufu
Garu
Hama
Mabufu
Magaru
Maragi
Mazio
Mudo
Zio
Growth 1
Regenerate 1
Sharp Student
Arm Chopper
Assault Dive
Bash
Cleave
Double Fangs
Hysterical Slap
Muzzle Shot
Poison Skewer
Single Shot
Skewer
Skull Cracker
Sonic Punch
Dia
Media
Patra
Pulinpa
Rakukaja
Rakunda

Ghastly Wail
Poison Mist
Tentarafoo
Valiant Dance
Agilao
Bufula
Foul Breath
Garula
Life Drain
Mahama
Mamudo
Mazionga
Megido
Spirit Drain
Zionga
Alertness
{Ailment} Boost
Counter
Dodge {Element}
{Element} Boost
Invigorate 1
Invigorate 2
Resist {Ailment}
Resist {Element}
Survive {Light/Dark}
Atom Smasher
Black Spot
Cell Breaker
Crazy Chain
Fatal End
Gale Slash
Hurculean Strike
Kill Rush
Mind Slice
Power Slash
Rampage
Swift Strike
Twin Shot
Diarama
Me Patra
Nervundi
Posmundi
Re Patra
Recarm
{Colour} Wall
Dekaja
Dekunda
Tetraja

Anima Freeze
Evil Smile
Foolish Whisper
Old One
Hamaon
Mabufula
Magarula
Maragion
Mudoon
Stagnant Air
Ailment Boost
Apt Pupil
Auto-Ma{status}
Auto-{Status}
Cool Breeze
Counterstrike
Divine Grace
Endure
Growth 2
{Hama/Mudo} Boost
Null {Ailment}
Power Charge
Regenerate 2
Resist {Light/Dark}
Aeon Rain
Arrow Rain
Blade of Fury
Blight
Brain Shake
Deathbound
Gigantic Fist
Heat Wave
Mighty Swing
Mustard Bomb
Navas Nebula
Poison Arrow
Seal Bomb
Tempest Slash
Torrent Shot
Vicious Strike
Vile Assault
Diaharan
Energy Shower
Mediarama
Mutudi
{Element} Break
{Makara/Tetra} Break
Makarakarn/Tetrakarn
Ma{status}kaja
Mar{status}nda
{Mind/Power} Charge

Agidyne
Bufudyne
Garudyne
Mabufudyne
Magarudyne
Mahamaon
Mamudoon
Maragidyne
Maziodyne
Megidola
Ziodyne
Die For Me!*
Niflheim*
Ragnarok*
Thunder Reign*

*Only one Persona may learn one of these Skills per Campaign
Absorb {Element}
Arm Master
{Element} Amp
Endure {Light/Dark}
Enduring Soul
Evade {Element}
Growth 3
High Counter
Invigorate 3
Null {Light/Dark}
Null {Element}
Regenerate 3
Repel {Element}
Spell Master
Akasha Arts
God's Hand
Myriad Arrows
Rainy Death
Virus Wave
Vorpal Blade
Amrita
Mediarahan
Samarecarm
Samsara
Debilitate
Heat Riser
Revolution
Sharp Student

Black Viper
Magidolaon
Megidolaon
Morning Star
Panta Rhei
Ali Dance
Angelic Grace
Firm Stance
Insta-Heal
Repel {Light/Dark}
Unshaken Will
Victory Cry
Agneyastra
Hassou Tobi
Heaven's Blade
Pralaya
Primal Force
Salvation

Philemonite
2013-10-14, 10:47 AM
Dice Rolls
That looks interesting, I have nothing to add there.

Character Creation
Having every Arcana as a different class is a lot of work. You can't have enough roles for every Arcana, you would need to define every Arcana as a combination. My advice would be to go with a few archetypes (5, with every archetype based on a particular attribute) and have every Arcana give a certain bonus. If you really want to go with Arcana you need to split every role into sub-roles and make a different combination for every arcana.
HP and MP calculations are interesting.

Time Progression
Looks good.

Character Advancement
The advancement is interesting, but SLP and BP are unbalanced. My advise would be to allow the skills to be purchased by using BP or SLP, or to make a third EXP pool for skills.

Social Interaction
I think you should add something between Neutral and Friendly.
Reverse Arcana looks interesting.

Combat
Light and Dark skills should be switched to standard damage. Hama and Mudo are cheep if they work and completely useless if they don't. There is no way to balance them.
The battle system is solid, interesting way to implement Enervation.

DedWards
2013-10-14, 12:16 PM
Character Creation
Having every Arcana as a different class is a lot of work. You can't have enough roles for every Arcana, you would need to define every Arcana as a combination. My advice would be to go with a few archetypes (5, with every archetype based on a particular attribute) and have every Arcana give a certain bonus. If you really want to go with Arcana you need to split every role into sub-roles and make a different combination for every arcana.

The sheer quantity of Arcana does have me concerned and I've been toying with the idea of grouping them into the 4 Minor Arcana (Swords, Coins, Wands and Cups) and having each represent an archetype.

Character Advancement
The advancement is interesting, but SLP and BP are unbalanced. My advise would be to allow the skills to be purchased by using BP or SLP, or to make a third EXP pool for skills.

The points have had me concerned. The Social side of the game will mostly take place outside the combat areas most of the time, so my idea was to have Mental and Physical Attributes level up in different ways. Third Exp pool mite be a good idea, but I'd like to try work it so that it ties in with the BP and SLP in some way...

Social Interaction
I think you should add something between Neutral and Friendly.
Reverse Arcana looks interesting.

Any Ideas on what to put between them?

Combat
Light and Dark skills should be switched to standard damage. Hama and Mudo are cheep if they work and completely useless if they don't. There is no way to balance them.
The battle system is solid, interesting way to implement Enervation.

I'll keep in mind the convert to damage option in mind, but for now I'd like to try and work them in as instant KO spells (with a low chance to hit).

Philemonite
2013-10-14, 12:34 PM
The sheer quantity of Arcana does have me concerned and I've been toying with the idea of grouping them into the 4 Minor Arcana (Swords, Coins, Wands and Cups) and having each represent an archetype.

That sounds excellent. Something like this:

Swords-Strength(Attack)
Coins-Agility(Evade)
Wands-Magic(Magic)
Cups-Endurance(Defense)

The points have had me concerned. The Social side of the game will mostly take place outside the combat areas most of the time, so my idea was to have Mental and Physical Attributes level up in different ways. Third Exp pool mite be a good idea, but I'd like to try work it so that it ties in with the BP and SLP in some way...

It would be interesting to allow SLP to be used to learn skills, improving your Persona through social interactions.:smallwink:

Any Ideas on what to put between them?

I can't think of anything at the moment.

DedWards
2013-10-14, 01:21 PM
Swords-Strength(Attack)
Coins-Agility(Evade)
Wands-Magic(Magic)
Cups-Endurance(Defense)

I actually like that a LOT. Working on the groupings now

DedWards
2013-10-15, 06:03 AM
Playing around with another idea for the groupings:

Swords: Offensice (Physical)
Wands: Offensive (Magic)
Coins: Status / Ailment
Cups: Healing / Support

This grouping helps me to catagorise the Arcana by the Skills they specialise in. What do you think?

Philemonite
2013-10-15, 06:08 AM
That can work, I use the same four archetype(Striker, Caster, Healer, Controller) for my game.

DedWards
2013-10-24, 07:28 AM
It would be interesting to allow SLP to be used to learn skills, improving your Persona through social interactions.:smallwink:

Been thinking on this. How about having two seperate costs for purchasing Skill, one for SLP and the other BP. Basically you can purchase the Skill if you have the required amount of BP OR SLP.

Another option is have a Skill Point system where you can spend a specific number of BP and/or SLP to buy a SP, then have each Skill cost a specific number of SP.

Philemonite
2013-10-24, 07:31 AM
I think the first option is less complicated.

And trust me, you want it simple. When I'm updating my persona game it's one big crunchfest. Not that I don't like it, it's fun to see the end result, but I have 3 active dungeons, with 4 characters each.

DedWards
2013-10-24, 10:10 AM
I think the first option is less complicated.

And trust me, you want it simple. When I'm updating my persona game it's one big crunchfest. Not that I don't like it, it's fun to see the end result, but I have 3 active dungeons, with 4 characters each.

Was leaning the the first one. The second only came up as I was typing the first, so I added it.

That's quite a lot of dungeons to have active at once :|

Philemonite
2013-10-27, 01:42 PM
It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to do a lot of crunch every turn.:smallwink:

I just noticed your Arcana groupings.

What do you mean by Support?
If it is status effects and debuffs it sounds good.
If you mean buffs, that should go with healing.

I would switch Hermit and Devil, everything else looks good.

DedWards
2013-10-27, 03:10 PM
It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to do a lot of crunch every turn.:smallwink:

Ja, I'm busy working on reducing the combat dice rolls. Will update once I'm happy with it.

I just noticed your Arcana groupings.

What do you mean by Support?
If it is status effects and debuffs it sounds good.
If you mean buffs, that should go with healing.

I would switch Hermit and Devil, everything else looks good.

I've not added it here yet, but all the Skills I've got grouped under Healing is all the Skills that restore HP, revive KO, and remove status ailments. Support is buffs, debuffs, and ailments. Support and Healing are mearly the names I've given those Skill groups.

I'll consider the Hermit and Devil switch.

Philemonite
2013-10-27, 03:35 PM
Actually, combat is resolved with a simple d20, but there are a few modifiers for every roll, so it gets complicated.

I always grouped buffs with healing and curing, since I consider it positive and debuffs and ailments negative effects.

Here's how I grouped my skills, it's a pretty long list, I added some skills from Digital Devil Saga.

Physical attacks

Slash
Tier 1
Cleave-Deals small Slash damage. Single target.
Straight Slash-Deals small Slash damage. Single target.
Power Slash-Deals small Slash damage. Single target.
Double Slash-Deals small Slash damage twice. Single target.
Tier 2
Arm Chopper-Deals small Slash damage and inflict Panic. Single target.
Mighty Swing-Deals moderate Slash damage. Single target.
Fatal End-Deals moderate Slash damage. Single target.
Gale Slash-Deals small Slash damage. Multi target.
Tier 3
Blade of Fury-Deals moderate Slash damage. Multi target.
Tempest Slash-Deals large Slash damage. Single target.
Heaven's Blade-Deals large Slash damage. Single target.
Tier 4
Brave Blade-Deals large Slash damage and inflicts Rakunda. Single target.
Vorpal Blade-Deals large Slash damage. Multi target.

Strike
Tier 1
Bash-Deals small Strike damage. Single target.
Sonic Punch-Deals small Strike damage. Single target.
Assault Dive-Deals small Strike damage. Single target.
Kill Rush-Deals small Strike damage twice. Single target.
Tier 2
Swift Strike-Deals small Strike damage. Multi target.
Gigantic Fist-Deals moderate Strike damage. Single target.
Skull Cracker-Deals small Strike damage and inflicts Stun. Single target.
Viper Smash-Deals small Strike damage and inflicts Poison. Single target.
Tier 3
Herculean Strike-Deals moderate Strike damage. Multi target.
Heat Wave-Deals moderate Strike damage. Multi target.
Weary Thrust-Deals large Strike damage. Single target.
Tier 4
Vicious Strike-Deals large Strike damage. Multi target.
God's Hand-Deals massive Strike damage. Single target.

Pierce
Tier 1
Single Shot-Deals small Pierce damage. Single target.
Double Fangs-Deals small Pierce damage twice. Single target.
Twin Shot-Deals small Pierce damage twice. Single target.
Poison Needle-Deals small Pierce damage and inflicts Poison. Single target.
Tier 2
Ninety Nine Needles-Deals small Pierce damage. Multi target.
Cruel Attack-Deals moderate Pierce damage. Single target.
Torrent Shot-Deals small Pierce damage three times. Single target.
Holy Arrow-Deals small Pierce damage and inflicts Charm. Single target.
Tier 3
Vile Assault-Deals large Pierce damage. Single target.
Arrow Rain-Deals moderate Pierce damage. Multi target.
Myriad Arrows-Deals moderate Pierce damage twice. Multi target.
Tier 4
Poison Arrow-Deals large Pierce damage and inflicts Poison. Single target.
Primal Force-Deals massive Pierce damage. Single target.

* Basic attacks

Elemental attacks

{table=head]|Fire|Water|Earth|Wind|Ice|Electricity|Light|Dark| Tier
Small-Single target|Agi|Aqua|Tera|Garu|Bufu|Zio|Hama|Mudo|1
Small-Multi target|Maragi|Malaqua|Matera|Magaru|Mabufu|Mazio|M ahama|Mamudo|2
Moderate-Single target|Agilao|Aques|Terazi|Garula|Bufula|Zionga|Ha maon|Mudoon|2
Moderate-Multi target|Maragion|Malaques|Materazi|Magarula|Mabuful a|Mazionga|Mahamaon|Mamudoon|3
Large-Single target|Agidyne|Aquadyne|Teradyne|Garudyne|Bufudyne |Ziodyne|Hamadyne|Mudodyne|3
Large-Multi target|Maragidyne|Malaquadyne|Materadyne|Magarudyn e|Mabufudyne|Maziodyne|Mahamadyne|Mamudodyne|4[/table]

Healing and support

Healing
Tier 1
Dia-Heals small amount of HP, single target.
Tier 2
Media-Heals small amount of HP, multi target.
Diarama-Heals moderate amount of HP, single target.
Recarm-Revives an ally
Tier 3
Mediarama-Heals moderate amount of HP, multi target.
Diarahan-Heals large amount of HP, single target.
Tier 4
Mediarahan-Heals large amount of HP, multi target.
Samrecarm-Revives an ally with full health

Cure
Tier 1
Posmudi-Cures Poison, single target.
Patra-Cures Charm/Panic/Sleep, single target.
Tier 2
Paraladi-Cures Stun, single target.
Closedi-Cures Mute, single target.
Cursedi-Cures Curse, single target.
Petradi-Cures Stone, single target.
Tier 3
Me Patra-Cures Charm/Panic/Sleep, multi target.
Tier 4
Amrita-Cures all status effects, multi target.

Buff
Tier 1
Tarukaja-Raises physical attack power, single target.
Sukukaja-Raises agility, single target.
Rakukaja-Raises physical defense, single target.
Makakaja-Raises elemental attack power, single target.
Samakaja-Raises elemental defense, single target.
Tier 2
Dekunda-Cancels all -kunda effects
Power Charge-Increases power of next physical attack.
Mind Charge-Increases power of next magical attack
Tier 3
Matarukaja-Raises physical attack power, multi target.
Masukukaja-Raises agility, multi target.
Marakukaja-Raises physical defense, multi target.
Mamakakaja-Raises elemental attack power, multi target.
Masamakaja-Raises elemental defense, multi target.
Tier 4
Heat Riser
Wall
Tier 1
Void Fire/Water/Earth/Wind/Ice/Electricity/Light/Dark-Negates one attack of that particular elemental.
Tier 2
Void Poison/Stun/Sleep/Charm/Panic/Mute/Curse/Stone-Nulls next ailment attack of that type.
Void Slash/Strike/Pierce-Negates one attack of that particular type.
Tier 3
Repel Fire/Water/Earth/Wind/Ice/Electricity/Light/Dark-Repels one attack of that particular elemental.
Repel Slash/Strike/Pierce-Repels one attack of that particular type.
Tier 4
Drain Fire/Water/Earth/Wind/Ice/Electricity/Light/Dark-Drains one attack of that particular elemental.
Drain Slash/Strike/Pierce-Drains one attack of that particular type.

Control

Mental Status effects
Tier 1
Dream Haze-Inflict the sleep ailment, single target.
Marin Karin-Inflicts charm ailment, single target.
Tier 2
Makajam-Inflicts mute ailment, single target.
Pulinpa-Inflicts panic ailment, single target.
Tier 3
Dormina-Inflict the sleep ailment, multi target.
Allure-Inflicts charm ailment, multi target.
Tier 4
Makajamon-Inflicts mute ailment, multi target.
Tentarafoo-Inflicts panic ailment, multi target.

Physical Status Effects
Tier 1
Foul Breath-Inflicts poison ailment, single target.
Stun Wave-Inflicts stun ailment, single target.
Tier 2
Stone Gaze-Inflicts stone ailment, single target.
Curse-Inflict the curse ailment, single target.
Tier 3
Poison Mist-Inflicts poison ailment, single target.
Neural Shock-Inflicts stun ailment, multi target.
Tier 4
Petrifier-Inflicts stone ailment, multi target.
Blood Curse-Inflict curse ailment, multi target.

Debuffs
Tier 1
Tarunda-Reduces physical attack power, single target.
Sukunda-Reduces agility, single target.
Rakunda-Reduces physical defense, single target.
Makanda-Reduce elemental attack power, single target.
Samanda-Reduces elemental defense, single target.
Tier 2
Dekaja-Cancels all -kaja effects
Tier 3
Matarunda-Reduces physical attack power, multi target.
Masukunda-Reduces agility, multi target.
Marakunda-Reduces physical defense, multi target.
Mamakanda-Reduce elemental attack power, multi target.
Masamanda-Reduces elemental defense, multi target.
Tier 4
Debilitate

Break
Tier 1
Fire/Water/Earth/Wind/Ice/Electricity/Light/Dark Break-Negates resistance particular elemental.
Tier 2
Poison/Stun/Sleep/Charm/Panic/Mute/Curse/Stone Break-Negates resistance to particular effect
Slash/Strike/Pierce Break-Negates resistance of particular type.

DedWards
2013-10-27, 11:41 PM
Actually, combat is resolved with a simple d20, but there are a few modifiers for every roll, so it gets complicated.

I was trying something new with the whole D6 thing. I mite modify it to work similar to Vampire. (Number of successes, etc)

I always grouped buffs with healing and curing, since I consider it positive and debuffs and ailments negative effects.

I can understand that. I'm actually working off the grouping on Megami Tensei Wiki (http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Megami_Tensei_Wiki)'s list of Persona 4 Skills (http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Persona_4_Skills) and using the Physical Persona 3 Skills (http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Persona_3_Skills) to help Group the Skills.

Been thinking of regrouping my skills into broader ranks. I'll consider your teir grouping when I get around to it.

DedWards
2013-10-28, 07:11 AM
I've modified how combat is resolved, but I need to alter the character sheet to resemble it. Will update once I've 'fixed' the character sheet. (Can only do that when I get home).

Philemonite
2013-10-28, 07:38 AM
I would make All-Out-Attack St or Ma based, whatever is greater.
Making it only St based hurts casters and there are both physical and magical Almighty attacks anyway.

DedWards
2013-10-30, 08:30 AM
I would make All-Out-Attack St or Ma based, whatever is greater.
Making it only St based hurts casters and there are both physical and magical Almighty attacks anyway.

Makes sense. Added it to the combat update.

*facepalm* I just realised I forgot to add an Evasion block to the character sheet :smallredface: I'll add it with my next update. Working on regrouping the Skills and maybe adding thier effects.

GaiTavMag
2013-10-30, 01:16 PM
This all looks very interesting. One question: is the luck die separate from the rest of the dice, and thus is still rolled if the check would be zero dice? That is to say, if you're completely inept, can you still get lucky?

DedWards
2013-10-30, 06:42 PM
This all looks very interesting. One question: is the luck die separate from the rest of the dice, and thus is still rolled if the check would be zero dice? That is to say, if you're completely inept, can you still get lucky?

The Luck Die is different, but not separate. So if you only have 1 rank in an Attribute, you only roll 1d6 and it will be the Luck Die.

DedWards
2013-11-04, 04:26 AM
Having trouble with dammage / effect values of the Skills. Thinking of solving this by making another change to Combat, just to the damage calculation though. Which idea is better:

1) Skill has a base damage value and you add you ranks in the appropriate Attribute to the damage done (St for Physical, Ma for Magic).

2) Same at 1, but add 1d6 to the damage.

This means I'll have to change how Critical hits and Critical fails works for Skills and it'd work off of the Accuracy roll's luck die.

Another option I'm looking at is:

3) Number of d6 dictated by the Skill + the rank in the appropriate Attribute.

JBPuffin
2013-11-04, 06:26 PM
I like option 3; also, you're a braver man than I am to try to build your own system for the world of Persona...Good luck.

On the other hand, now that your working on a system, might I drop in an Arcana archetype or two? I mean, I will anyway, but might it be used? Are they done and simply in a corner somewhere?

And as for Personas...I think it might be interesting to have an option for all the characters to be of the Fool Arcana and allow them to switch between Persona at will, or make the switch part of the system with the restriction of 1 Arcana per character. Either way, they'll take a good bit of book-keeping...

DedWards
2013-11-04, 11:06 PM
I like option 3; also, you're a braver man than I am to try to build your own system for the world of Persona...Good luck.

It's not as much bravery as it is love for the game and dedication.

On the other hand, now that your working on a system, might I drop in an Arcana archetype or two? I mean, I will anyway, but might it be used? Are they done and simply in a corner somewhere?

I'm open to any suggestions. As I'm working on this on my own (largly), any ideas other than my own will stop me from stagnating.

And as for Personas...I think it might be interesting to have an option for all the characters to be of the Fool Arcana and allow them to switch between Persona at will, or make the switch part of the system with the restriction of 1 Arcana per character. Either way, they'll take a good bit of book-keeping...

I'm purposely leaving Fool and World out (for now). The Wild card (swiching between persona) is something to be added at a much later stage as it's more for advanced players. I'm just looking to build a base to work off of before adding any advanced stuff.

DedWards
2013-11-06, 07:09 AM
I've decided to work with the damage option where the Skill dictates a number of d6 to be rolled an adding the approriate attribute for extra damage. The problem I'm now having is how to hanple the HP cost on Physical Skills. In the game they cost a certain percentage of the user's max HP, but I feel this is too complicated to work out for each individual character, so I'm wanting to set a number on the HP cost. Problem is, how much? I'm thinking of trying to match the Magic Skills SP cost as closely as possible, but I'm not sure if it's a good or bad idea...

oblivion6
2013-11-07, 09:41 PM
I'll look over your system here in a bit and see what I can come up with. Just one thing that I had to respond to.

but I have 3 active dungeons, with 4 characters each.

Atleast its not a single, massive dungeon. That would be very interesting, if hell to keep track of. Honestly, when the game first started, I expected that was going to be the route you took.

Philemonite
2013-11-08, 11:31 AM
I've decided to work with the damage option where the Skill dictates a number of d6 to be rolled an adding the approriate attribute for extra damage. The problem I'm now having is how to hanple the HP cost on Physical Skills. In the game they cost a certain percentage of the user's max HP, but I feel this is too complicated to work out for each individual character, so I'm wanting to set a number on the HP cost. Problem is, how much? I'm thinking of trying to match the Magic Skills SP cost as closely as possible, but I'm not sure if it's a good or bad idea...

I vote for fixed cost, that's what I do, but I also add a small SP cost.
Basically, Dia costs 3SP and Sonic Punch costs 2HP and 1SP.
That way even Strikers (physical damage dealers) make use of their SP.

I'll look over your system here in a bit and see what I can come up with. Just one thing that I had to respond to.

Atleast its not a single, massive dungeon. That would be very interesting, if hell to keep track of. Honestly, when the game first started, I expected that was going to be the route you took.

I have plans to do a single massive dungeon, but I will still split everyone in smaller groups to make combat bearable. Still, with 11 active players and 3+ more coming that's gonna be fun. I'm gonna go with 3 groups for now.:smalltongue:
And this way you get to know each other better.

oblivion6
2013-11-08, 12:39 PM
And this way you get to know each other better.

I don't really think thats possible for my current group. Everybody already knows every single one of Brianna's secrets now. :smalltongue:

Philemonite
2013-11-11, 01:21 PM
Something interesting that might give you some ideas. (https://persona.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page):smalltongue:

DedWards
2013-11-11, 04:44 PM
Something interesting that might give you some ideas. (https://persona.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page):smalltongue:

Actually that site was a big influence early on. I've just changed things a lot since. (Combat is still close to how they did it though).

DedWards
2013-11-12, 03:41 AM
Came across something last night while playing P4G that has me concerned. In the both the original P4 and P4G, status ailments last 3 rounds. In P4 if you're already inflicted and get targeted with an affliction again, the second one automatically misses, but in P4G it's 'timer' is reset if you're hit by the same status ailment you're already inflicted with.

I kind of like both for different reasons, but I'm not sure which one to use in here. Any suggestions?

Philemonite
2013-11-12, 05:02 AM
Actually that site was a big influence early on. I've just changed things a lot since. (Combat is still close to how they did it though).

I like the idea of using cards. I'm thinking of using it in a game I'm making. Since everything is based on elemental charges I can easily add card mechanics, and minor suits can represent elements.:smallamused:

Came across something last night while playing P4G that has me concerned. In the both the original P4 and P4G, status ailments last 3 rounds. In P4 if you're already inflicted and get targeted with an affliction again, the second one automatically misses, but in P4G it's 'timer' is reset if you're hit by the same status ailment you're already inflicted with.

I kind of like both for different reasons, but I'm not sure which one to use in here. Any suggestions?

I like the other one, since it encourages the use of status ailments. I my system Controllers and Healers are doing their job right when they are not dealing any damage at all.:smallwink:

DedWards
2013-11-12, 05:44 AM
I like the idea of using cards. I'm thinking of using it in a game I'm making. Since everything is based on elemental charges I can easily add card mechanics, and minor suits can represent elements.:smallamused:

Cool. I really like the card system too. If you need someone to look over your card system, I'd be glad to do so :smallsmile:

I like the other one, since it encourages the use of status ailments. I my system Controllers and Healers are doing their job right when they are not dealing any damage at all.:smallwink:

Resetting the timer it is then, thanks :smalltongue:

Philemonite
2013-11-12, 07:11 AM
Cool. I really like the card system too. If you need someone to look over your card system, I'd be glad to do so :smallsmile:

Resetting the timer it is then, thanks :smalltongue:

Does this make sense?

Wind-Wands
Water-Cups
Fire-Swords
Earth-Coins
Ice-Wands/Cups
Lightning-Swords/Wands
Dark-Swords/Coins
Light-Cups/Coins

Base elements use one suit, and advanced elements use one of two suits (whichever you choose).

DedWards
2013-11-12, 07:45 AM
Does this make sense?

Wind-Wands
Water-Cups
Fire-Swords
Earth-Coins
Ice-Wands/Cups
Lightning-Swords/Wands
Dark-Swords/Coins
Light-Cups/Coins

Base elements use one suit, and advanced elements use one of two suits (whichever you choose).

I know that the Minor Arcana corrispond with a suit in the french set of playing cards and in Tarot readings each suit is alligned to an element:

Groupings (by memory):
Wands - Clubs - Fire
Cups - Hearts - Water
Swords - Spades - Air
Coins - Diamonds - Earth

That being said, I'd rather group the advanced elements like such:

Ice - Water+Air
Lightning - Fire+Earth
Dark - Earth+Water
Light - Fire+Wind

Philemonite
2013-11-12, 07:54 AM
I know that the Minor Arcana corrispond with a suit in the french set of playing cards and in Tarot readings each suit is alligned to an element:

Groupings (by memory):
Wands - Clubs - Fire
Cups - Hearts - Water
Swords - Spades - Air
Coins - Diamonds - Earth

That being said, I'd rather group the advanced elements like such:

Ice - Water+Air
Lightning - Fire+Earth
Dark - Earth+Water
Light - Fire+Wind

I was going with Gardnerian Wicca, where Wand symbolizes Air, but some traditions use Athame(Sword) for this. Either way works for me.

I always considered Lightning to be combination of Wind and Fire. Why Earth?
It would make four pairs of completely opposite elements, so it does sound better.

DedWards
2013-11-12, 08:23 AM
I always considered Lightning to be combination of Wind and Fire. Why Earth?
It would make four pairs of completely opposite elements, so it does sound better.

I chose Fire and Air for Light (air/wind blowing into a flame can make it burn brighter). Earth and fire just happened to be the left over elements by the time I got to lightning...

Philemonite
2013-11-12, 08:44 AM
I chose Fire and Air for Light (air/wind blowing into a flame can make it burn brighter). Earth and fire just happened to be the left over elements by the time I got to lightning...

That makes sense.:smallwink:

Since I am already invading on your thread I'm gonna post a few ideas, to see what you think.

Base idea is that there are no stats, instead there are elemental affinities and proficiencies.
Proficiencies are basically ranks in a particular elemental.
Affinities represent your "elemental distribution". A wizard type will use his fire proficiency when using destructive magic, so his magic power would be Fire based, even if the spell is not fire elemental.
There is one thing I can't decide.
I was thinking of using Physical/Mental/Energy division, but there is also Ranged/Melee/Magic option, it would fit my weapon groups perfectly.

DedWards
2013-11-12, 09:22 AM
Base idea is that there are no stats, instead there are elemental affinities and proficiencies.
Proficiencies are basically ranks in a particular elemental.
Affinities represent your "elemental distribution". A wizard type will use his fire proficiency when using destructive magic, so his magic power would be Fire based, even if the spell is not fire elemental.

Interseting idea.

There is one thing I can't decide.
I was thinking of using Physical/Mental/Energy division, but there is also Ranged/Melee/Magic option, it would fit my weapon groups perfectly.

Why not use Physical/Mental/Energy as sub types of Ranged/Melee/Magic. That way you can have an attack that's Physical-Ranged (crossbow?). Though you may need to rearrange the groups because Magic seems out of place in its current group...

How about Physical/Menatal/Energy/Magic being subtypes of Melee/Ranged. This allows for groupings like ranged-magic and melee-magic.

Philemonite
2013-11-12, 09:40 AM
Interseting idea.

Why not use Physical/Mental/Energy as sub types of Ranged/Melee/Magic. That way you can have an attack that's Physical-Ranged (crossbow?). Though you may need to rearrange the groups because Magic seems out of place in its current group...

How about Physical/Menatal/Energy/Magic being subtypes of Melee/Ranged. This allows for groupings like ranged-magic and melee-magic.

A combination?:smallamused:

Techniques-Weapon abilities
Mysticisms-Equivalent to magic
Skills-Everything else, like bard's songs, rogue's tricks...

I can still split them in Physical/Mental/Energy, a Staff can have a Tech that deals energy damage and some mysticisms can deal physical damage.

DedWards
2013-11-12, 09:52 AM
A combination?:smallamused:

Ya. I play Mutants and Masterminds more than any other system (closest thing to D&D I've played recently is Star Wars Saga Edition), so I really like the idea of leaving some of the system open for creativity, mixing and matching. It's half the fun :smallyuk:

Techniques-Weapon abilities
Mysticisms-Equivalent to magic
Skills-Everything else, like bard's songs, rogue's tricks...

Catagories like this sound cool.

I can still split them in Physical/Mental/Energy, a Staff can have a Tech that deals energy damage and some mysticisms can deal physical damage.

Tech? So what era are you planning this system to be in? Modern fantasy?

Philemonite
2013-11-13, 11:16 AM
Ya. I play Mutants and Masterminds more than any other system (closest thing to D&D I've played recently is Star Wars Saga Edition), so I really like the idea of leaving some of the system open for creativity, mixing and matching. It's half the fun :smallyuk:

Catagories like this sound cool.

Tech? So what era are you planning this system to be in? Modern fantasy?

Pure fantasy, tech is short for Technique.:smallwink:

Tech is going to be pure damage with added effect if you use a higher card.
Mysticisms will be available to everyone, every character starts with one mystic tree and can learn more later.
Skills will be fixed, every archetype will have access to one skill tree.

My current idea is to base the archetypes on Zodiac signs.

DedWards
2013-11-13, 02:31 PM
Pure fantasy, tech is short for Technique.:smallwink:

Tech is going to be pure damage with added effect if you use a higher card.
Mysticisms will be available to everyone, every character starts with one mystic tree and can learn more later.
Skills will be fixed, every archetype will have access to one skill tree.

My current idea is to base the archetypes on Zodiac signs.

The word "Technique" sounds very martial to me...

Which Zodiac? Western or Chinese?

BTW, I just updated PRP's rules, though it's a minor one...

Philemonite
2013-11-13, 03:10 PM
The word "Technique" sounds very martial to me...

Which Zodiac? Western or Chinese?

BTW, I just updated PRP's rules, though it's a minor one...

That is the idea, they are weapon abilities, but they can still deal Mental or Energy damage. Bow, Staff and Rod are used the same way, except that one deals Physical damage, one Energy and one Mental.

Western.

It looks pretty.:smallwink:

Did you think about adding weapons that use Ma instead of St for attacks?

DedWards
2013-11-13, 11:42 PM
That is the idea, they are weapon abilities, but they can still deal Mental or Energy damage. Bow, Staff and Rod are used the same way, except that one deals Physical damage, one Energy and one Mental.

Interesting.

Western.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but each Zodiac sign is aligned with one of the Major Arcana (Leo = Strength). So the Arcana's meaning could help with creating the archtypes.

It looks pretty.:smallwink:

Did you think about adding weapons that use Ma instead of St for attacks?

I've not thought of that, but I'm also not sure how to work that either. St makes sense to me. However, I am going to have some weapons that are 'enchanted', as I will with Armour and Accessories. Some will grant an amount of damage bonus to Magic Skills, others will cause the weapon to have a chance to inflict an Ailment, others will grant resistances to Elemental attacks or Ailment effects. So Ma on a weapon's damage won't really be nessisary, instead I see Magic Skill users equiping weapons that grant bonuses to their Magic.

Philemonite
2013-11-14, 07:22 AM
Interesting.

I hope so.:smallwink:

Not sure if you're aware of this, but each Zodiac sign is aligned with one of the Major Arcana (Leo = Strength). So the Arcana's meaning could help with creating the archtypes.

Yeah, but I'm not sure it will fit my ideas. I consider Leo an equivalent of Wizard, both scream arrogance to me.:smalltongue:

I've not thought of that, but I'm also not sure how to work that either. St makes sense to me. However, I am going to have some weapons that are 'enchanted', as I will with Armour and Accessories. Some will grant an amount of damage bonus to Magic Skills, others will cause the weapon to have a chance to inflict an Ailment, others will grant resistances to Elemental attacks or Ailment effects. So Ma on a weapon's damage won't really be nessisary, instead I see Magic Skill users equiping weapons that grant bonuses to their Magic.

I was actually thinking of weapon types. For an example, I would make all Fans Ma based. If all weapons are St based that cripples the casters that have low St.

DedWards
2013-11-14, 08:30 AM
Yeah, but I'm not sure it will fit my ideas. I consider Leo an equivalent of Wizard, both scream arrogance to me.:smalltongue:

You saying I'm arrogent? :smallfurious: (just kidding :smalltongue:)

I was actually thinking of weapon types. For an example, I would make all Fans Ma based. If all weapons are St based that cripples the casters that have low St.

I understand your concern. The problem I see is deciding on what should be St and what should be Ma based. Fans make sense as Ma, but I foresee some others possibly fitting in both catagories... Could make 2 versions of these...

I've been thinking of making a table to create weapons. With enhancements and damage increasing the cost and requirements.

Philemonite
2013-11-14, 08:42 AM
You saying I'm arrogent? :smallfurious: (just kidding :smalltongue:)

I didn't say that.:smallwink:

I understand your concern. The problem I see is deciding on what should be St and what should be Ma based. Fans make sense as Ma, but I foresee some others possibly fitting in both catagories... Could make 2 versions of these...

I've been thinking of making a table to create weapons. With enhancements and damage increasing the cost and requirements.

You can make three groups, St, Ma and St/Ma, based on the type of character that use them.

Chie is clearly St, Yukiko is Ma and Yosuke is St/Ma.
Yosuke's Knives can alternate. Make the first one St based, the second one Ma based...

DedWards
2013-11-17, 04:15 PM
Been thinking of adding another feature to the game..... well, more like reworking the Arcana's dictating of the character personality archetypes. In Vampire the Masquerade, you have to choose a Nature and a Demeanor. This gave me the idea of creating Personality Archetypes for the Arcana. Should I bother?

Philemonite
2013-11-17, 04:21 PM
Been thinking of adding another feature to the game..... well, more like reworking the Arcana's dictating of the character personality archetypes. In Vampire the Masquerade, you have to choose a Nature and a Demeanor. This gave me the idea of creating Personality Archetypes for the Arcana. Should I bother?

I think you should finish the mechanics of every Arcana first.