PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Deminsional savant build

genesaika
2013-10-11, 02:34 PM
OK so this feat looks fun and plays into a character I've been wanting to play for a while. So I want to build one.

Here is what I would want out of it, or what would be nice.

Get the feats ASAP
Sneak attack
Able to use katana (2 if possible)
As many attacks per round as possible

Ya that covers it, even though it might be asking a lot. Any ideas for a build? I would probably play as a dhampir too, maybe vampire but I doubt that.

IronFist
2013-10-11, 03:07 PM
Your best bet is probably Synthesist Summoner. If you really want Sneak Attack, I guess you could use a Vivisectionist Alchemist and take Improved Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) to add Dimension Door to your list.

Spell Dancer Magus has some Dimension Door support, as well. Katana is actually a good weapon for a Magus. But no Sneak Attack and dual-wielding is not a very good idea for a Magus.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-10-11, 05:25 PM
Between Bladed Dash and Force Hook Charge (both lower level than Dim Door) combined w/ Spell Combat, a Dim Savant build is kind of a waste on a Magus. I guess Synthesist Summoner would be a decent way to go. Or the humble Eldritch Knight.

My favorite way to build it wouldn't involve being a spellcaster at all, though. Enter Horizon Walker at level 7, go 3 levels deep into it and you can get Dimension Door as a spell-like ability 3 + wis times per day, which should be plenty. With that sort of build, you can have full BAB and do whatever you want aside from those 3 HW levels.

Frosty
2013-10-11, 05:33 PM
OK so this feat looks fun and plays into a character I've been wanting to play for a while. So I want to build one.

Here is what I would want out of it, or what would be nice.

Get the feats ASAP
Sneak attack
Able to use katana (2 if possible)
As many attacks per round as possible

So...basically Master Yi from league of legends? :smallamused:

genesaika
2013-10-11, 05:47 PM
So...basically Master Yi from league of legends? :smallamused:

Never played it...

I might look into the horizon walker build, it sounds interesting.

grarrrg
2013-10-11, 07:54 PM
I generally support the Horizon Walker option, as you'll want some beat-down.

The requirements are some Skill Ranks, and the Endurance feat.
Endurance can be gotten with 3 levels of Ranger.
Unbreakable archetype Fighters can get it at level 1.
There is also an Alt-Race trait for Half-Orcs to get it.

If you really want Sneak Attack, I guess you could use a Vivisectionist Alchemist and take Improved Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) to add Dimension Door to your list.

Doesn't work for 2 reasons, bad idea for another.
Alchemists don't have "spell lists".
The spell would be added to your "spells known" which may or may not actually work with 'prepared' types.
You'd need at least 15 CHA on a build that otherwise doesn't care about CHA at all, AND you'd have to wait until at least level 11.