PDA

View Full Version : Sequester Abuse

Vadskye
2013-10-11, 05:45 PM
Is there any reason that I couldn't cast Sequester on my sword and have a quasi-permanently invisible weapon? The same thing applies to armor, too. It sounds really useful for equipment of all kinds. (Also, depending on your definition of "suspended animation", potentially unbreakable...)

Flickerdart
2013-10-11, 05:58 PM
The suspended animation bit works on creatures only, and RAW there's no benefit for having an invisible weapon (other than being able to sneak it into places).

ArcturusV
2013-10-11, 06:00 PM
Well that and I'd presume a miss chance if someone tried to sunder or disarm? Though that might be more RAI than RAW.

Rubik
2013-10-11, 06:04 PM
My build (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16123163#post16123163) (of which that link is the bare tip of the proverbial iceburg) uses Psionic Sequester on ALL of his equipment. He combines it with the Ghost Form spell and a Ghost Touch necklace of natural weaponry so nobody can see or touch his equipment. It's both incorporeal and invisible (even to True Seeing), so he can run around naked and not have to worry about looking like he's decked out like a Christmas tree.

He can even keep his equipment on while bathing or qualifying for his Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat.

Flickerdart
2013-10-11, 06:14 PM
Well that and I'd presume a miss chance if someone tried to sunder or disarm? Though that might be more RAI than RAW.
That's not what RAI is. There is no evidence anywhere in the game that the designers intended for sequester to make sundering weapons have a miss chance.

ArcturusV
2013-10-11, 06:22 PM
True. Wasn't thinking. Maybe more like "Rule as common logic may suggest" instead.