PDA

View Full Version : Great flyby manticore skirmish attack and murdering small animals

Irk
2013-10-11, 09:37 PM
So the feat great flyby attack says that as a full round action you can fly in a straight line and everyone you can reach. It does not say it must be a melee attack.
Manticore belt is a standard action and not a volley attack, but when used in conjunction with great flyby attack, it IS a full round action and now you can apply skirmish damage to each spine, since you're are moving.
essentially, this'll mean that you can attack every enemy for around 13d6 + whatever.
The question is this: great flyby attack says every opponent in your REACH. I think this implies a melee attack, but it might not with a certain reading of the feat it could work.

The second part of this post involves using a bag of tricks and the feat dreadful wrath. Draw an animal from the bag of tricks. Designate it as your enemy and tell your opponents that your about to do to them what you will do to this animal. kill the animal (your enemy) by full attacking it and dreadful wrath activates. You get to choose your own enemies, so yeah. kill 'em all.

Urpriest
2013-10-11, 09:42 PM
Regardless of whether or not it's a melee attack, you still can only affect people in your reach, so you can't hit everyone on the battlefield. Your range is irrelevant, it's your reach that matters.

Irk
2013-10-11, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I was afraid of that, but at least it kin of makes sense. I guess you would just boost your reach with deformities or grafts and then go from there.

inhuman reach +5
willing deformity(tall) +5
extended reach +5
technically wielding a reach weapon increases your reach (long spear + long reach for +15)

That's a reach of 30 w/o size modifiers, so the idea is still workable.

Boci
2013-10-12, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I was afraid of that, but at least it kin of makes sense. I guess you would just boost your reach with deformities or grafts and then go from there.

inhuman reach +5
willing deformity(tall) +5
extended reach +5
technically wielding a reach weapon increases your reach (long spear + long reach for +15)

That's a reach of 30 w/o size modifiers, so the idea is still workable.

Shouldn't that be 40ft? You seem to have forgotten to factor in the starting reach of 5.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-10-12, 12:08 PM
Also forgot the most basic means of expanding reach: Enlarge Person or Expansion power.

And there are items in MIC to gain +5 ft reach for 1 round as a swift, also.

Irk
2013-10-12, 01:56 PM
ohh, yeah that's right! thanks guys!