PDA

View Full Version : Need Assistance with New Words of Power Groups and new Words.

TabletopGamer
2013-10-12, 12:25 AM
I have decided to revamp my Truenamer idea with that of a Words of Power specific user. Using the Words of Power as Spell-Like Abilities and what not to be fleshed out later.

This post is about needing help and hoping my Playground Pals can help me out.

Effect Words are seriously limited in Word of Power. For example Illusion Words only has 2 words to use for WoP and both of them are only from the Figment Subschool. So I have decided we need to add more

at least 1 Glamer type
at least 1 Pattern Type
And at least 1 Phantasm type Illusion word.

Glamer: A glamer spell changes a subject's sensory qualities, making it look, feel, taste, smell, or sound like something else, or even seem to disappear.

Pattern: Like a figment, a pattern spell creates an image that others can see, but a pattern also affects the minds of those who see it or are caught in it. All patterns are mind-affecting spells.

Phantasm: a phantasm spell creates a mental image that usually only the caster and the subject (or subjects) of the spell can perceive. This impression is totally in the minds of the subjects. It is a personalized mental impression, all in their heads and not a fake picture or something that they actually see. Third parties viewing or studying the scene don't notice the phantasm. All phantasms are mind-affecting spells.
- Directly from the PFSRD site.

Look up spells for Bards and Wizards/Sorcerers for ideas they have some goodies. Now Figments are covered so ignore those.

Another neglected set of subschools are Calling and Creation.
This prevents a WoP User from calling creatures from other planes to fight for them (They can use summon however) and also from using the Creation aspect in a 'Word' preventing them from things like creating a dagger made of ice ala Icicle Dagger a lvl 1 Sorcerer/Wizard spell. Or use of Evocation like effects, even things like manifesting non magical ammunition is not on the normal WoP list.

Another lacking set of words are Skill Words
Things used to increase skill and craft checks. We have all seen these spells in fact a few cantrips use these ideas and yet the original WoP list neglects them. We need a few words for these, but likely leave the skill or bonus open ended to be filled in the moment the word is spoken. (The GM of course as Veto powers and nothing above a +5)

Utility aspects as also lacking, no Spider Crawl or anything that does unique effects such as that.

Location Words, words specifically added to manipulate the terrane or enviroment are missing as well.

Looking through spells would take forever if its one person doing it. Since these are really only a few things and my creative side is still working on the fleshing out a class and how to meld it inline with a WoP system I need help

This is the WoP Effect Word List (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/wordsOfPower/effectWords.html), please take a look get an idea and post. I would be very grateful and we can all finally make WoP useful.