PDA

View Full Version : Finished manticore belt concept

Irk
2013-10-12, 12:27 AM
I have a build that I like to think uses manticore belt effectively

Race: Dragon born Elf (any kind except the normal because of the con penalty. we need this for dark shuffle feats)
Levels: Totemist 2/Scout 3/ Rogue 7
Feats (I used 2 flaws, and this leaves me with two out of 4 chaos shuffle feats available)
Bonus essentia x2 (subpar, but I wanted to get this done in as few levels as possible, plus they're shuffle feats so whatevs.)
Willing deformity tall
extended reach
swift ambusher
improved skirmish
exp. soulmeld capacity
flyby attack
great flyby attack

Equipment: all really needed is an incarnum focus for the waist, and a longspear with a wand chamber w/ wand of swift invisibility.

How this works: Essentially, the deformity and extended reach plus the longspear give you an effective reach of 30 ft. (15 then doubled). The great flyby attack feat allows you to make a full round attack that consists of flying in a straight line and making an attack against everyone within reach (does not specify melee weapon, hence the use of the mant. belt). So now, you can swift invisibility and fly forward 30 ft. and hit everyone in a 60 by 30 foot area with 6 spines, each dealing 10d6 + 1/2 str. this deals in total 60d6 damage to ALL the opponents in a HUGE area.

Since the attack takes place in a full round, each spine is affected by precision damage because it is not a volley attack because it happens in more than less than a full round action.

I guess I'm just looking for general feedback, on the build, as well as were I should take it from here, or what I ought to change.