PDA

View Full Version : Double Posting Follow-UP Question

D.KnightSpider
2013-10-12, 05:26 AM
As a follow-up to the thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308542) that's probably right below this one.

I have a thread in the Arts and Crafts section which I try to update at least once a week with some stick doodles and fictional writing. I've never received any feedback/comments on the thread, which means that it's pretty much just me consecutively posting content week after week, etc.

It didn't really occur to me that this would be a problem, since this was in the Arts and Crafts section, until I saw the previous thread.

Is this an issue?

Roland St. Jude
2013-10-12, 10:45 AM
Sheriff: It's pretty much the same issue. It is, technically, against the Forum Rules. There is no exception for such threads. This is a discussion forum. It's not a repository for people's art/campaign journals/etc. If it doesn't garner even a single "that's interesting" or the like,

Solution? If you like something enough to want to see more if it, say so. And if you're the one posting the art, try posting a question or two you have about your work that might start a discussion.

All that said, double posting is in the Please Don't section of the Forum Rules. It's not a serious offense and if others in the thread/sub-forum don't see it as a problem, it probably goes unreported and uninfracted.

Please don't start another thread about this - restarting locked threads is itself against the Forum Rules. If you have some follow up, please send me a PM.