PDA

View Full Version : optimizing the truespeak skill

Dayaz
2013-10-12, 10:16 AM
I'm making a fiendbinder for a campaign, and I need to maximize my ability to command my minion... I think we're lvl 6 so I'm not a fiendbinder yet but I want to get this started early

Vaz
2013-10-12, 10:48 AM
Item Familiar is the go to answer here. for +23 ranks.

Staffs which include the cleric spells Divine Insight and Guidance of the Avatar provide +35. I cannot remember if the Bard Spell "Improvisation" stacks with it or not, but I think that's a Luck bonus, so does stack.

Maximising your Intelligence is a must as well.

While you're at it, Necropolitan Grey Elf Faerie Mysteries Initiates tends to get a good benefit out of maximising your Intelligence.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-10-12, 10:49 AM
Amulets of the Silver Tongue (I think) are included in the Tome of Magic.

Dayaz
2013-10-12, 11:10 AM
Item Familiar is the go to answer here. for +23 ranks.

Staffs which include the cleric spells Divine Insight and Guidance of the Avatar provide +35. I cannot remember if the Bard Spell "Improvisation" stacks with it or not, but I think that's a Luck bonus, so does stack.

Maximising your Intelligence is a must as well.

While you're at it, Necropolitan Grey Elf Faerie Mysteries Initiates tends to get a good benefit out of maximising your Intelligence.

What is a faerie mystery initiate? And I don't think necropolitan would be allowed. ..

perhaps it.would be good to say I need a mid-op way to maximize my ability, not the high-op character way

Jormengand
2013-10-12, 11:13 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214115

Contains just about everything you need to know about truespeak.

Vaz
2013-10-12, 12:11 PM
What is a faerie mystery initiate? And I don't think necropolitan would be allowed. ..

perhaps it.would be good to say I need a mid-op way to maximize my ability, not the high-op character way

FMI is a way for an Elf to gain its HP bonus keyed from Int rather than Con. You get a ton of immunities being Undead, so being Necropolitan is the easiest way to do this as a Player Character.

It is not relevant to a Truenamer, but if you're maximising Intelligence, there isn't much reason why not to (unless you're desperately short of feats).

Divine Insight/Guidance of the Avatar/Improvisation/Item Familiar/23 Ranks/Skill Focus/Int 22, that's +100 to checks. It's resource intensive (Feat, and Moolah wise).

There isn't that much else when it comes to helping Truespeak checks, and other spells typically provide specific boosts to specific skills, so you're left with the general "all purpose" skill check boosts.