PDA

View Full Version : monster squad d&d!

blelliot
2013-10-12, 10:41 AM
I watched the old movie monster squad last night at work, and got a cool idea for a short campaign using dracula, the wolfman, the mummy, frankenstein's monster, and the creature from the black lagoon as villains. So what I'm thinking is a midlevel ( say 10 to 1t) game but I was wondering what would be the best ideas to use to stat out these classic monsters? How would you playgrounders stat them out? So far, I'm thinking an awakened flesh golem for frankensteins monster, a sahuagin for the gill man, and the rest are slef explanatory, just don't know what class each of these monsters would be. What do you guys think?

John Longarrow
2013-10-12, 10:50 AM
Dracula = Rogue (Specializing in interpersonal skills) as he doesn't really use much magic but is very very sneaky and very very persuasive

Frankenstein = Crusader as he can soak a LOT of damage and can punch through walls (maneuvers to overcome DR) but doesn't throw a lot of punches. Go with improved unarmed strike and superior unarmed to get better damage than his slam.

Rijan_Sai
2013-10-12, 11:03 PM
My gosh! It's been (far to many) years since I've seen that movie!
As such, I won't be able to contribute much to the class selection...

I would suggest giving your Wolfman an increase in CR, and switching out his Fast Healing for Regeneration X/Silver (where "X" probably = the normal FH rate.)

Because shoving a stick of dynamite down Wolfman's pants, watching him blow up, and then pull himself back together in a way that makes the T-1000 jealous (years before the T-1000 existed!) is FREAKING SWEET!
And also nards...because "Wolfman's got nards!"