PDA

View Full Version : Help me finish my characer or rate my charater or whatever...

Invader
2013-10-12, 11:25 AM
OK here's what have so far:

Human
Wiz 5, Incanatrix 7

Stats after level modification
Str 9
Dex 18
Con 14
Int 20
Wis 11
Cha 10

Feats:
Human - Extend Spell
Flaw - Persist Spell
Flaw - Collegiate Wizard
1 - Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
3 - Arcane Thesis (Orb of Force)
12 - Craft Contingent Spell
Wizard - Scribe Scroll
Wizard 5 -
Incanatrix 1 -
Incanatrix 4 -
Incanatrix 7 -

Otyugh Hole - Iron Will (3k)

Domain Wizard ACF - conjuration domain
Hummingbird Familiar

Skills:
Maxed out Spellcraft, Knowledge arcana, and Concentration plus a few others
Banned school - Evocation

So suggestions on where to go from here? I'm looking for a nice balance of the god wizard with some blasting which is why I was leaning towards some more metamagic with my remaining feats.

morkendi
2013-10-12, 12:11 PM
You need to fit in iron will to qualify for incanatrix. Also, what school you plan on dropping when you enter? I suggest evocation. See if your DM allows spontaneous divination acf as well. Otherwise, it seems fine to me. Its all about spells, and how you use them now. If you got room, improved initiative is nice, but not necessary. Always good for wiz to go first.

Invader
2013-10-12, 12:30 PM
You need to fit in iron will to qualify for incanatrix. Also, what school you plan on dropping when you enter? I suggest evocation. See if your DM allows spontaneous divination acf as well. Otherwise, it seems fine to me. Its all about spells, and how you use them now. If you got room, improved initiative is nice, but not necessary. Always good for wiz to go first.

Oh yeah forgot to add that in, but I was planning on dropping evocation, updated.

Zanos
2013-10-12, 12:47 PM
You get a bonus metamagic feat at levels 1,4, and 7 of Incantatrix.
You might want something more like:
1:Extend Spell
Human:
Flaw:
Flaw:
3:
6:
6(mm): Persistent Spell
9(mm):
12(mm):

Skill Focus(Spellcraft) isn't great. You could, if this is acceptable in your campaign, take the item familiar feat instead. Alternatively, you could just buy items of +spellcraft. The custom item creation guidelines say that a skill bonus item is priced at (bonus^2 * 1000), so you can get a +10 spellcraft ring or whatever for 10k.

If custom items and item familiar are off the table, try Shape Soulmeld(Mage's Spectacles) instead. Gives a +4 to spellcraft. If you need Skill Focus to get into archmage later, ignore me.

Maximize and Easy Meta(Maximize) will get you maximize for a +2 slot, and will stack with your capstone so it's +1. If you're really interested in blasting, The Mailman (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1765181) contains most of the best tricks. A lot of it is sorc specific, but a good chunk can be used by any arcane caster.

As for your banned school, you may want to consider enchantment instead. For combat spells, there's very little that enchantment offers. You do miss out on Irressitble Dance and Mindrape(if you want to build and army of perfectly loyal minions), however.

Save or Lose targeting will can be found in other schools. Evocation, on the other hand, has spells like Wall of Force, Contingency, and Resilient Sphere, all of which are amazing. And while good blast spells can be found elsewhere, evocation is the only school with aoe damage. Fireball is not a bad spell(it's just very average), and throwing one around once in awhile might make your DM hate you a bit less for playing an Incantatrix. Manyjaws is another solid evocation spell. And while conjuration has the orbs, remember that those only hit one target.

If you do decide to dump evocation, consider Doom Scarabs as a solid AoE damage spell. It only does 1d6 per 2 caster levels, but it also targets will instead of reflex, and mettle is a lot less common than evasion.

morkendi
2013-10-12, 01:07 PM
I was going to suggest mailman as well, a lot can carry over. Been a long time since I played incanatrix. But mine was a whisper gnome that went shadow craft mage first.

Stux
2013-10-12, 07:05 PM
The custom item creation guidelines say that a skill bonus item is priced at (bonus^2 * 1000), so you can get a +10 spellcraft ring or whatever for 10k.

10^2 * 1000 = 100k

So if he isn't expecting to get past level 12, which has WBL lower than that, then that probably isn't an option.

Invader
2013-10-12, 07:11 PM
10^2 * 1000 = 100k

So if he isn't expecting to get past level 12, which has WBL lower than that, then that probably isn't an option.

I'm not sure what the formula says but all of the other +10 skill boosting items in the MIC have a list price of 10k.

Stux
2013-10-12, 07:48 PM
Ah I see what happened there.

The equation is actually bonus^2 * 100, not * 1000.

Carry on!