PDA

View Full Version : 3.pf new skill and feat (Peach)

Quiddle
2013-10-12, 09:01 PM
New Skill: Knowledge (Music Theory)

Knowledge (Music Theory) is used whenever your knowledge and skill of the technical art of performing comes into question.

Identify Bardic Performance Being Used:
Identifying a Bardic Performance as it is being performed requires no action, but you must be able to clearly see and/or hear the performance as it is being performed, and this incurs the same penalties as a Perception skill check due to distance, poor conditions, and other factors. To do this you must make a Knowledge (Music Theory) check of 10+ 1/2 their ranks in the perform skill they are using.

Making Untrained Performances:
While you have ranks in this skill you are treated as though you had ranks in every perform skill equal to 1/2 the number of ranks you have in this skill (rounded down)(this doesn't lower the skill ranks you have in a perform skill if you have more ranks in that skill thank you would be treated as having by this one).

New Feat: Master of the Stage (General)

Prerequisite: 3 ranks in Knowledge (Music Theory) and two perform skills.

Benefit: You are treated as if you had ranks in every perform skill equal to the number of ranks you have in Knowledge (Music Theory).

What do you think?

Amnoriath
2013-10-12, 10:35 PM
New Skill: Knowledge (Music Theory)

Knowledge (Music Theory) is used whenever your knowledge and skill of the technical art of performing comes into question.

Identify Bardic Performance Being Used:
Identifying a Bardic Performance as it is being performed requires no action, but you must be able to clearly see and/or hear the performance as it is being performed, and this incurs the same penalties as a Perception skill check due to distance, poor conditions, and other factors. To do this you must make a Knowledge (Music Theory) check of 10+ 1/2 their ranks in the perform skill they are using.

Making Untrained Performances:
While you have ranks in this skill you are treated as though you had ranks in every perform skill equal to 1/2 the number of ranks you have in this skill (rounded down)(this doesn't lower the skill ranks you have in a perform skill if you have more ranks in that skill thank you would be treated as having by this one).

New Feat: Master of the Stage (General)

Prerequisite: 3 ranks in Knowledge (Music Theory) and two perform skills.

Benefit: You are treated as if you had ranks in every perform skill equal to the number of ranks you have in Knowledge (Music Theory).

What do you think?
I really don't think this is needed at all. The use is very specific(one base class) and the feat just makes perform obsolete. Knowledge should never override actual practice.

Quiddle
2013-10-13, 02:38 AM
The original reason I made these were so ppl could play a bard and use different masterpieces w/o a huge skill tax. Do you think I should brew up a acf instead?

Amnoriath
2013-10-13, 08:37 AM
The original reason I made these were so ppl could play a bard and use different masterpieces w/o a huge skill tax. Do you think I should brew up a acf instead?

The problem though with Masterpieces is that most are too specific in their advantage and/or take up too much action economy to use effectively one their own. A few are quite good(though maybe too good in which it may not be allowed), but then it doesn't really cut much into skill allocation and frees up a feat.
Yes, make an Archetype that lowers BAB, spells known, Bardic Knowledge and spells per day in trade for Masterpieces known, effective ranks in perform equal to half level but not exceeding level, and reducing their various costs associated with them, call it a Maestro.

Quiddle
2013-10-13, 03:31 PM
kk, will do