PDA

View Full Version : how would you define the cat in the hat

CyberThread
2013-10-12, 10:16 PM
What su abilities would you give a monster to represent the cat in the hat

limejuicepowder
2013-10-12, 10:21 PM
He definitely has two familiars, thing 1 and thing 2. Some kind of short range teleporation, since he gets around that house really quickly. An ability similar to the ravid's came to mind as well; just a bit more subtle - he can control the object's actions and direct them with intelligence, for example.

He'd be a pretty cool villain, actually. Quite dangerous, if the right objects are around.

theIrkin
2013-10-13, 12:03 AM
At will, move action 50ft teleport al la Shadow Stride (ToB) would be good. What race would you make him? The cat race with backwards hands (can't remember the name) would be good too, unless you just homebrewed his creature type. Some kind of outsider (maybe the native type?) would also be appropriate. If he isn't your villain (he should be if I remember the Dr. Suess story correctly), make him the sage that drops cryptic, help/hurt advice.

Brookshw
2013-10-13, 05:51 AM
The cat race you're thinking of are rakshasas.

Nice premise Cyber, I'd be curious to see a statted cat in the hat.

Aasimar
2013-10-13, 06:04 AM
I'd probably make him a Chaotic Neutral Bard with either the Rakshasa race or a homebrew one.

Allanimal
2013-10-13, 09:58 AM
Definitely need to stat out the moss covered, three-handled family gredunza...

gooddragon1
2013-10-13, 10:24 AM
The cat race with backwards hands (can't remember the name)

Rakshasa? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/rakshasa.htm).

A closer look at a rakshasa reveals that the palms of its hands are where the backs of the hands would be on a human.

CyberThread
2013-10-13, 07:37 PM
Innate portable, hole?