PDA

View Full Version : [PF] mad plant scientist build

Albio
2013-10-13, 12:40 AM
I will be in a pf game soon never played I have played 3.5 so I shouldn't be terrible lost. I'm looking for a non-druid non-optimized build with a small shop of horrors fell so any advice?

magotter
2013-10-13, 01:56 AM
Luckily, you've a few options in the form of Alchemist, Sorcerer, Cleric, and Oracle just off the top of my head.

Alchemist is basically already a mad scientist by class definition, and there's two plant-themed archetypes ready to use. Bramble Brewer gets a Tanglefoot effect for his bombs, and can grow barklike skin with his mutagen. Unfortunately, the class is for half-elf, so only they and properly traited humans need apply. The other is Herbalist, which lets you trade INT-focus for WIS-focus, and fluffs as a "Naturalist" (think more David Attenborough than the vanilla alchemist's Dr. Henry Jekyll). Unfortunately, it's 3rd party material, so you'll need DM approval.

Sorcerer, as an alternative, gets the Verdant bloodline. This offers you barkskin whenever you use a personal-range spell, and a few Plant Shape forms through bloodline powers, and ends with you gaining the Plant subtype at 20th.

Cleric has the Plant Domain and the Growth subdomain. The former lets you add 1/2 Cleric level to unarmed strikes for 3+Wis rounds per day, and the former lets you cast Enlarge Person 3+Wis times per day. Both also grant you natural armor as a secondary power.

Lastly, Oracle gets the wood mystery, which.... well, sounds silly, but is great for treetalker-types. Mysteries include speaking with plants, using Wood Shape, getting natural armor, bonuses with wooden weapons, and a few other effects; too many to coherently list here.

Albio
2013-10-13, 03:08 PM
I'm liking the herbalist TY

Blyte
2013-10-13, 07:50 PM
grove born sorcerer (1) + oracle with nature mystery (x)

take blood money as your sorcerer spell to help with awaken's casting cost.

unseenmage
2013-10-13, 09:11 PM
Don't know how much conversion you'll need to do but you could check out all the weird plants linked in my sig.

The Lichbriar from Dragon 357 pg 52 is especially nasty.