PDA

View Full Version : The Rebels of BelTran IC

Gaiyamato
2013-10-13, 04:34 AM
Rebel IC. Start from dawn the next day after the fall of BelTran.

The_Admiral
2013-10-13, 05:11 AM
He sat next to his men as they mingled with the soldiers he could rescue from the recent turn of events. Everyone was still confused as they consolidated their thoughts, in a day of service they went from being the Army to being the Resistance.

He got up noticing his men already beginning to train the soldiers he rescued, their much superior training shining through, as camp was packed up. He had to do something, he already had spotters catch sight of Vale her population subjugated, and the vast numbers of corrupted humans down south in Riva.

"We need to do something, something big, to give the people of Vale hope." he mused to himself as camp was packed up, the begginings of a resistance movement taking shape.

Erik Vale
2013-10-13, 04:28 PM
Or perhaps to bring hope to your own men, you may muse.

Whilst with their training your forces quickly gather their gear for a days travel efficiently, it just that, cold and efficient. And those that you saved whilst better than most from their recent raining, well... You could see all the signs of someone on a almost depressed 'go slow'...

Not long before the units are ready, the various commanders meet with you, along with some of their more motivated soldiers, one of which is Ruth, a member of the rescued scouts, who speaks up before they do, much to their surprise.

"Sir, your orders?"

Ruth is going to be my main 'voice' to you amongst your men for when I need to talk to you.
Dezered Dandra can be with this group or found sometime today. The weather whilst cold is not enough to be of particular note beyond people trying to rug up more, however to the east snow capped mountains rise into view.

Baveboi
2013-10-13, 06:30 PM
Dezered had remained quiet and removed from Razak's company to give the man some space for thought, a custom valued greatly in his homeland, deep underground. The wizard felt naked under the open sky way more than he had previously under the warm embrace of the small city of Vale. Everything happened so fast that even his super-human reasoning had difficulty to process the implications and facts behind the shrouds of hurtful emotions.

When he caught sight of the lieutenants and soldiers gathering around the command pavilion, he finally moved closer. When the young upstart finally pronounces himself, Dezze meets eyes with their commander. The wizard had not realized until this very moment that he had conscripted himself to the cause of these humble and needy folk that knew much about hardship. He let a smile creep onto his marble-like lips and gave Razak Ronko a reassuring nod.

The_Admiral
2013-10-14, 02:59 AM
He nods in return to Dezze, the new noncom in this parody of an army, raising his voice he says, "Get ready to move down southwest, we'll be using that as a temporary staging point, for our first operation. It'll be a simultaneous assault on both Vale and Riva. Our job here isn't to destroy the enemies armies, that's just a bonus, It's to draw pressure off the front, allow our friends in Haven to consolidate their forces, it's to make as much noise back here as possible,"

His countenance rapidly changing from one of contemplation, to a more forceful one, he shouts, "Move out Apes! I need us all ready to move and I needed it half an hour ago!"

As the officers filtered away, he walks up to Dezered asking, "You wanted to say something?"

Erik Vale
2013-10-14, 03:18 AM
The commanders file out, relaying orders. Your forces seem to take the news in a mixed fashion, some taking joy in the idea of fighting back, some dreading the thought of versing the dead again.

Baveboi
2013-10-14, 10:20 AM
The wizard puts a hand on Razak's shoulder. "Could you lend me a minute of your privacy, Baal-Amin? We might have something to discuss, about my magical resources to your cause." He walks to the tent and holds the door as an amiable invitation. "You have my word that it will take no time at all."

The_Admiral
2013-10-14, 11:08 AM
Razak enters the tent saying, "Only a minute, this entire camp needs to be packed up in fifteen,"

Turning around he asks, "so what do you want to tell me? Also, what's a Baal-Amin?" Extending his arms.

Baveboi
2013-10-14, 11:40 AM
Dezered chuckles. "It means Great Friend in my homeland. Which brings me to our first topic. You must have noticed my skin, hair and eyes are not a common sight in the good people of Vale." The wizard's eyes are of an emeraldite green, his hairs so golden to be almost white and his skin is so pale he could be mistaken for a marble statue. "You see, Baal-Amin, I hail from a city in the deep mountains. I came to Vale to learn more about my Hammon -my god- Sid'Jax and to learn of your culture. This entire affair has been exhilarating, but not what I had in mind."

"Do not worry, I plan to support your cause to the best of my ability, even if my family and kin spurn outsiders and their ways of war. Which brings us to my second subject. Do not forget that you now have a powerful wizard in your repertoire. My magic is not exemplar compared to that of the great archmages of my land, but I can still be useful, specially in a guerrilla. You have my word that my magical studies will be dedicated to combat warfare for as long as I am in your service, great leader."

The_Admiral
2013-10-14, 12:04 PM
"You said you're here on a pilgrimage right? Any chance we can contact your people? Any magical assistance would be greatly appreciated, what I wouldn't do for a few Firethrower Wands right now," he says, rubbing his forehead.

Baveboi
2013-10-14, 12:28 PM
"We could try." Dezered friendly behavior sours and he becomes somber. "The road to Imaskar is dangerous and very well hidden. There is a plethora of things that could go wrong. On top of that my people is extremely xenophobic, they wouldn't take lightly to a small army on their doorsteps."

"The best we could hope for is to trade with them. Since they are isolated away from all the problems in the surface they have no reason to deny financial benefits. We could offer gold and other materials that are rare for the underfolk, like surface grown vegetables and iron weapons. In exchange we can have magical wands, potions, scrolls and other commodities that are largely common to them. If the granaries and treasuries from the cities nearby are still stocked, we can raid them for supplies."

The_Admiral
2013-10-14, 10:49 PM
"Well then congragulations Captain, keep that in mind when you're looting Vale, you're attached to the freedom fighters with advisory powers, now pack this tent up we're moving in fourteen, I've got a battle to plan." He says almost offhandedly, ducking out of the tent.

He wanders around the camp, helping his soldiers and attempting to build up morale among the troops.

Baveboi
2013-10-15, 08:32 PM
After picking up the tent, a work that was alien and refreshing as it was paradoxically exhausting, Dezered had took some rest. He met Razak one last time, for pleasantries and a last second words, before departing with the commanding officer of the Freedom Fighters. To Vale they marched.

Erik Vale
2013-10-15, 08:44 PM
By the time the groups are packed up and marching, it seems that there has barely been a trace of the 202 men present moments ago.

Marching towards your tagets, you both march towards the plains to the west, before splitting away from each other at a strange landmark, a single stone spire point out from the ground towards the sky, agreeing to meet up there once your attacks are complete.

Erik Vale
2013-10-17, 10:15 PM
Having set up camp for the day men undergo the various activities of campaign life, digging ditches, oiling armor, sharpenning swords.

Towards mid-afternoon, scouts begin to trickle in, and by perhaps 4pm. Most report nothing more than a stream or a largish stand of berries, two however note a pair of mountain lions near a cave, and a largish bear near another. Each about 1.5 hours out.

The_Admiral
2013-10-18, 04:35 PM
OOC
..I really should check the thread title before pressing post. Anyway, yeah, I detach a division (20 dudes) to stick with the Goliath dude, he has first pick of the two hexes, I take the second.

Erik Vale
2013-10-18, 08:34 PM
Group going to 161:

As you approach this region of mountains, you note a fair bit of snow, or more huge amounts of snow, as you start entering the montains you feel the cold seep through your cold weather gear, would you like to turn back.

OOC: Refer to only one spoiler.

DC 15 Survival Check please.
If Failed, DC 35 Fort Check... [I know, insane], If failed [when], take 2d6 cold damage and become fatigued.
Note, you get +5 fort due to cold weather gear.

For every hour, roll 1d20, on a 20 you find something. You need to be present a even number of hours [heading in and out each taking an hour], but one hour [the last] causes no damage, but still has a chance of a find.

You succesfully navigate home.

Group going to 60:

Despite the lack of ice and snow, you note how bitterly cold the whether is as you enter the mountains, do you proceed?

OOC: Check only one spoiler.

DC 26 [I know, not mine] Fort save.
Note, you get +5 fort due to cold weather gear.
If [when] failed, take 12d6 damage over the course of the day [you can turn back at any time, but you must take 1d6 per two hours you scout the hex as it takes just as many to head in as out, assuming you stay up to 12 hours max. You may make a DC 15 Survival check to half damage. For each hour [way in and back], roll 1d10 to notice a peculiar cave on the roll of a 10.

I am modifying it slightly to make things safer for you, but only marginally.

You succesfully navigate home.

Jojomo
2013-10-19, 05:30 PM
As he leads the small band of men southwards towards the mountains, Sunbringer is in high spirits. He had not spent any time amongst men before and was pleasantly surprised to find them not nearly so bizarre as some of the elders had made out. In particular, he was pleased to find that they also enjoyed a good game of knucklebones.

So he marched along at the head of the column, long strides eating up the ground. His mount, Tanvo, he had left back at camp. They wouldn’t be gone long and as none of the men had horses it would hardly make them any quicker. As they walked he hummed a quiet, lilting tune that always kept his spirits up on long treks through the mountains.

He thought little of the biting wind at first. After all, he had grown up in the mountains nearby and such gusts were fairly common, even in summer. As they began to climb out of the foothills and into the mountains proper however, the wind showed no signs of relenting. If anything, it was getting worse.

Within an hour, he already knew they would not survive for long in such conditions. A short conversation with the most experienced of the men revealed they were in complete agreement on that point.

“We must turn back, freezing to death in this gods-forsaken wind will do little to help free your homeland. Better we return to camp and hope our Captain has met with more success.” He knows he must sound irritated, he took no trouble to disguise the fact, but his people were ever keen on plain speaking.

The next hour was spent in a miserable slog downhill, several of the men were shaking uncontrollably by the time they reached the shelter of the lower passes. Fortunately, there were no losses, but it was a dispirited group that returned to camp that day.

The_Admiral
2013-10-20, 03:26 AM
"Five bloody hours, five and nothing" he muttered, as his troops scattered around, searching the area, the biting cold already hitting him at full force. As he grumbled to himself, two of his troops collapsed from the cold, almost immediately he ran to help them, the rest of his soldiers who noticed following suit.

"The cold's got to them, we need to get them outta here," said one of the soldiers he brought along.

Getting up, he replied, "Agreed, this isn't worth their lives, we're getting outta here, ASAP,"

The next five hours was a slow slog downhill, concern filling the air as they took turns caring for their fallen squad-mates.

Hours after they arrived back in camp, meeting the dejected second division, a combination of hours of care and surprising medical expertise managed to pronounce a result, "They'll live Ronko, they'll live"

Jojomo
2013-10-20, 08:38 AM
Watching Razak and the others return, Sunbringer shakes his head sadly. He’d thought he knew the mountains well, apparently there was a good reason his people never strayed far from the few valleys they called home.

He wanders over to talk to the captain, “Looks like you fared little better than we did my friend. I have never seen such conditions in the mountains before, and in summer no less!” He sighs, his face a picture of disappointment, “What do you intend next? I do not think it wise to remain in these mountains long, lest we be caught in a blizzard and freeze to death.”

The_Admiral
2013-10-21, 01:37 AM
"Me neither, we move on down south try to meet the other company, we can't survive long here anyway, not in our condition. What do you think about deserts?" he replies

Jojomo
2013-10-21, 03:06 AM
Sunbringer gives him a quizzical look, "They... are a pleasant way to round off a meal? But you shouldn't... have... too many... he trails off, seeing Razak mirror his own expression.

An awkward pause follows before he realises his mistake and chuckles, "Ah! You mean the plains of sand. Forgive me, my Common is a little limited in places."

He shrugs non-committally, "I've never seen one, but from the stories I gather it is possible to cross them by travelling by night and resting in the shade during the day. I can see in the dark, so that is of little concern to me. We should try to find water and a map before we set out though. Getting lost and dying of thirst might be even more unpleasant than freezing to death up here. Certainly it will involve a longer walk," he finished, with a wry grin.

What? :smallconfused:

We were in danger of getting really morose here. Anyway, comic relief is what Bards are for, right? Right?

The_Admiral
2013-10-22, 03:17 AM
Razak face is expressionless as Sunbringer makes his joke. The facade slowly cracks as his frown turns into a grin, then into a roaring laugh. He hits Sunbringer on the back saying, "I think you'll get along with us just fine, come on, you can help us out in our poor excuse for a 'mess'."

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 04:47 AM
Both of you make listen checks. DC 15.
You can also make a spot check DC 10.

The_Admiral
2013-10-22, 05:55 AM
"....****, CODE BLACK!" he shouts, running back to his men. Upon hearing the cry, they immediately stand to attention and prepare to evacuate the camp, in a rushed yet orderly manner bringing along the injured soldiers.

"We're moving now, something bad's coming, wildlife's clearing out, we better follow their example." he continues almost offhandedly to Dawnbringer.

"Come on, Sid'Jax, hope you're listening, we need a way to our allies." he mutters almost under his breath, packing up his tent along with his troops'.

We bravely retreat south, like ninjas through Dark Empire territory. If the wildlife is scared, it's never a good thing.

Jojomo
2013-10-22, 06:09 AM
He doesn't know the code, but Sunbringer is bright enough to comply, packing his gear away without question. It takes a bit of effort to rein Tanvo in, the large creature being spooked by whatever scared the wildlife.

In a couple of minutes he is mounted and ready to go, ready to follow the column.

I believe the term is "strategic redeployment". Also, I'mma be the biggest ninja ever. :smalltongue:

Also, his name is Sunbringer, who happens to be a Dawncaller. Kinda confusing now that I think of it...

Erik Vale
2013-10-22, 07:21 AM
Sid'Jax has been watching, well, listening to the rebels. He needs them...
He quickly takes stock of the situation with his remote sensing. The agreement hasn't been signed, the others are creating his own pantheon, and technically undead aren't mortal.

Suddenly Sid'Jax appears above the men.
"Move. Now."
He already had help coming, but he would be hours away... He would definitely be stepping in, besides, 5 dread wraiths were far beyond these humans capabilities, he would have to do something about recruiting his own soldiers beyond the four that had already called to him, and those who were declaring worship.
"Sophia." Sid'Jax says the word quietly and rather simply, but there is more force behind it than any mortal could put.

With that, he raises his hands and mutters words in celestial, a pillar of divine fire falls from the sky as volleys of eldritch acid fly towards the wraiths arcing between them.

Free: Greater Teleport to 40ft above the wraiths and 30 ft forwards from them.
Extra Standard, Swift, [part of] Full Round and Free to launch Chain Spear Vitrolic blasts.
[part of] Full round to use Flamestrike.

Eldritch Blasts will focus on the most damaged then chain onto the next three most damaged, flamestrike goes off first and if all possible will be placed to get all the wraiths and none of the people, he will avoid people over wraiths.

Wraith 1
Damage: [roll0]
Miss Chance: [roll1]
Wraith 2
Damage: [roll2]
Miss Chance: [roll3]
Wraith 3
Damage: [roll4]
Miss Chance: [roll5]
Wraith 4
Damage: [roll6]
Miss Chance: [roll7]
Wraith 5
Damage: [roll8]
Miss Chance: [roll9]

Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll10] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll11]
Concealment: [roll12]
2nd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll13] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll14]
Concealment: [roll15]
3rd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll16] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll17]
Concealment: [roll18]
4th Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll19] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll20]
Concealment: [roll21]

Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll22] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll23]
Concealment: [roll24]
2nd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll25] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll26]
Concealment: [roll27]
3rd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll28] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll29]
Concealment: [roll30]
4th Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll31] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll32]
Concealment: [roll33]

Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll34] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll35]
Concealment: [roll36]
2nd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll37] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll38]
Concealment: [roll39]
3rd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll40] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll41]
Concealment: [roll42]
4th Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll43] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll44]
Concealment: [roll45]

Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll46] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll47]
Concealment: [roll48]
2nd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll49] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll50]
Concealment: [roll51]
3rd Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll52] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll53]
Concealment: [roll54]
4th Most Damaged Wraith
Hit: [roll55] vs Touch.
Damage: [roll56]
Concealment: [roll57]

Chilingsworth
2013-10-22, 05:01 PM
Sophia appears with Solana (a solar)'s corpse. Looking shaken and not at her best.

I responded to your call, so... where am I?

Jojomo
2013-10-22, 05:18 PM
Sunbringer can do naught but stand awestruck, jaw slack at the sight of the divine conflagration in the sky.

Then Sophia appears, and his jaw drops open. Divine intervention is one thing, but a manifestation of the deity he and his people have worshipped as long as any can remember is more than his mind can handle. Try as he might, there are simply no words to describe her beauty, in the tongues of man, goliath or any other he knows of. In the end, tears of joy rolling down his cheeks, he simply stammers a single, half-formed sentence in his people’s language.

“No words... and I’m the closest thing to a poet here...”

I think you've got a new fan Chiling. :smallwink:

I was going to utter a small prayer at an appropriate juncture, but you've kinda forced my hand.

Erik Vale
2013-10-22, 05:18 PM
OOC: Will wait for Mountain IC before continuing, but you see the rebel contingent being attacked by Dread Wraits just as they are being blasted by Sid'Jax.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-22, 05:23 PM
OOC: The encounter in the Mountain thread has ended.

Erik Vale
2013-10-22, 05:25 PM
OOC: Good, your just in time to heal kill a couple of wraiths. I think you get your free actions with this battle. Oh, and one soldier has died so their will soon be 6 wraiths - any I killed.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-22, 05:37 PM
To start, Sophia turns undead.

Turning Check: [roll0]
Turning Damage: [roll1]

even if I roll minimum, I'll be able to affect 25 HD of undead, with a maximum individual HD of 18.

Erik Vale
2013-10-22, 07:41 PM
Posting as DM

Wraith 1, 4 and 5 are missed due to concealment.

Wraith 2: [roll0] vs 20
Wraith 3: [roll1] vs 20

Wraith hit 1st.
Concealed: Yes, Chain ends.

Wraith hit 1st.
Concealed: No
Hit: Yes
Save: [roll2]
Wraith hit 2nd.
Save: [roll3]
Wraith hit 3rd.
Save: [roll4]
Wraith hit 4th.
Concealed: Yes, Chain ends

Wraith hit 1st.

Wraith hit 1st.

Wraith status:
-Wraith 1: Unharmed.
-Wraith 2: 26 HP, Suffering 2d6 Acid/Round for the next 3 rounds.
-Wraith 3: 66HP
-Wraith 4: 89HP, Suffering 2d6 Acid/Round for the next 3 round.
-Wraith 5: Rebuked, fleeing.

Please roll initiative in the OOC Now for those that would like to act other than last/first auto as bystanders, this is being a surprise round as far as the wraiths are concerned.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-22, 08:11 PM
Sophia's Initiative: [roll0]
Solana's initiative (currently dead, but that'll be fixed eventually.:smallwink:):
[roll1]

Chilingsworth
2013-10-23, 01:59 AM
OOC:
When I said Sophia looked "not at her best"
I meant she looked like she had received a severe beating, though she's healed up since. (blood is still on her clothes, for example.) Solana's corpse has wounds all over the place, as if her body just spontesously started to burst apart.

(Both were victims of sup'ed up reversed words of nurturing, Solana of many of them.)

Chilingsworth
2013-11-01, 02:39 PM
So, should I post a link to this thread in the Haven thread, since they'll be trying to send you supplies?

Baveboi
2013-11-01, 02:43 PM
OOC: I don't think we are using the IC anymore. It could revitalize the thread yeah. But wait, how does Haven send supplies to the other side of DE territory? More so, do they know we have the Emperor for company right now?

Chilingsworth
2013-11-01, 02:50 PM
OOC: I don't think we are using the IC anymore. It could revitalize the thread yeah. But wait, how does Haven send supplies to the other side of DE territory? More so, do they know we have the Emperor for company right now?

No, they don't know you have the Emperor for company.

As for how they send supplies:

First either Solana (the solar Sophia called on day one) or Lydia (Sophia's cohort, a 17th level cleric (well, she has lots of PrC's but her caster level is 17th.) uses a sending spell to contact the Admiral's character, telling him to get to a safe place.

Then, whichever spellcaster scries the Admiral's character/uses divinations to determine his location.

Then, they use greater teleport (if Solana) or Wind Walk (if Lydia) to deliver supplies. :smallbiggrin:

Jojomo
2013-11-01, 03:48 PM
Wow, reinforcements!

Sounds like a sensible approach. On a practical level, it might be worth shooting the message to Dezze and SB too, since Admiral's RL situation is currently somewhat insane.

Possibly even use PMs so we don't tip off Gaheris. :smalleek:

Chilingsworth
2013-11-01, 03:56 PM
Wow, reinforcements!

Sounds like a sensible approach. On a practical level, it might be worth shooting the message to Dezze and SB too, since Admiral's RL situation is currently somewhat insane.

Possibly even use PMs so we don't tip off Gaheris. :smalleek:

I have been using PM's.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the people of Haven know the other rebel leaders well enough for a sending to be used to contact them.
(They know Rezzak because he and Victor served together in the Beltran Army.) Sophia knows of them, of course.

Anyway, it's moot for the moment, since Haven is still assembling a package for you, which could take awhile.

Chilingsworth
2013-11-01, 08:05 PM
Sophia makes contact with those of her devout among you:

You have been granted a reprieve. I must point out that sometimes discretion is the best part of valor, and recommend you take the chance to escape as soon as practicable.