PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds: 1st Edition Character Creator Help?

Vanzanze
2013-10-13, 06:39 AM
One of my friends has kindly offered to run me in M&M 1e, and loaned me his book. While it's great that products like HeroLab offer character creation for 2e and 3e characters (since I can see how the math, etc. in those systems would be quite complicated), I can't find a darn thing online that offers anything remotely like an M&M 1e character generator.

I hashed my own together in Excel, but it's specific to *MY* character the way it's set up, and I would rather have something I can re-use. Does anyone know of anything, or am I just barking up the Out of Print tree here?

Hopeless
2013-10-13, 11:17 AM
The closest I got to create a mutants & masterminds character in 1e was just buying a couple of books and then randomly pick two of the templates and then muddle through averaging the stats, skills and so on before figuring out which powers as a result I had a pyrokinetic whose powers were nullified by water but I never got to run him and from what I heard later maybe that was a good thing since the gm ran the group going into a nuclear power plant held by terrorists... I figured he'd have set off the fire extinguishers the first time he activated his powers!

How about you post a couple of templates you liked to see if anyone hear can post their own ideas to help you with yours?

Beleriphon
2013-10-14, 08:19 AM
I think there's a Yahoo! group that is still active that has an Excel sheet that works a character building tool.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mnm_hall_of_heroes/info

You do have to join to get anything but I'm fairly certain this is the one you want. That being said, and not to knock your choice of games, but M&M First Edition isn't anywhere near as good compared to Second and Third Edition, do you know why the GM wants to run that game rather than one of the later editions?

Vanzanze
2013-10-15, 12:04 AM
Beleriphon: Because he owns the source book, is more familiar with 1e, and has experience with it?

Hopeless: I was essentially confused in particular about the difference between a Power Stunt and a Power Extra. Now that I've found a forum that already dealt with this particular issue (and after downloading the Excel spreadsheet in the Yahoo group Beleriphon linked to), I am able to more-or-less correctly assign points. I say "more-or-less" because I'm still primarily guessing, albeit with a handy Excel sheet that does some of the heavier computing for me.