PDA

View Full Version : Add PF to D20/3.x board name

JusticeZero
2013-10-13, 06:55 PM
I noticed this recently from a discussion of games systems. Pathfinder is quite huge now, but it isn't clearly marked. Next is likely to pull some of the 3.5 players.
At some point, I'm sure that a 5th edition board will be needed; at that time, could the D20, 3.0,and 3.5 board be renamed to include Pathfinder?

AttilaTheGeek
2013-10-13, 06:59 PM
I noticed this recently from a discussion of games systems. Pathfinder is quite huge now, but it isn't clearly marked. Next is likely to pull some of the 3.5 players.
At some point, I'm sure that a 5th edition board will be needed; at that time, could the D20, 3.0,and 3.5 board be renamed to include Pathfinder?

The mods have already discussed it and decided that it might happen eventually, but not as of the last discussion. I don't remember why it wasn't done, but I'd certainly be for adding Pathfinder to the name.

Siosilvar
2013-10-13, 07:02 PM
Specific link:

Sheriff:Maybe. We're not keen on preferencing PF over other d20 games, among other reasons for not adding it in the first place. But I'm sure we'll consider adding it as part of our ongoing updating of the forum structure.

Rawhide
2013-10-13, 07:13 PM
The fact of the matter is that pathfinder is a D20 game. It is not necessary to specify it separately, as it already falls under that category. It is unnecessary and this is why we are hesitant to do so - we don't particularly want to promote any one D20 based system over the multitude of other D20 based systems out there - and if we did, where do we draw the line on what is listed and what is not?