PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Help creating a mobile psionic character?

LilligantEX
2013-10-13, 10:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking to create a psionic character for Pathfinder that focuses on high movement speed and mobility in melee combat (primarily through acrobatics) with a sword (ideally summoned through call weaponry).

I've had a bit of a look already, and it seems that the best two class options are:

a) Psion (Psychoportation discipline) - Allows for short-range teleporting, access to high-level powers, and an extra move action every turn at level 20.

b) Psychic Warrior (w/ Mind Knight & Weaponmaster paths) - Quick use of summoned weapon (via Call Weaponry) and adds extra damage and attack. With high wisdom, the level 20 ability increases move speed (and everything else) substantially for a few minutes.

In a perfect world, I would like it to be a WIS based class and gain the capstone abilities of both. But that can't happen (I don't think?)! Haha.

Any suggestions as to which of those I should take, or if there us a better class option? Also, ideas for feats to take would be appreciated.

Fax Celestis
2013-10-13, 10:56 PM
I would go psywar, myself. Make good use of hustle and consider the Elocater PrC.

Manly Man
2013-10-13, 11:27 PM
I would actually go for the Interceptor path on the PsyWar, though this all depends on what you want in terms of just how much mobility you'd like. One combo that's pretty good is, if your DM would allow 3.5 material, take a couple of choice levels of Swordsage, and use some of the Shadow Hand maneuvers; the thing is, I know that it's already hard enough to convince someone to allow 3.5 material in a Pathfinder game (usually, since I allow it myself, although I also ask for review first), but persuading them to use Tome of Battle material would probably be even harder. On the upside of this, at least you aren't trying to get the DM to let you play a Warblade. :smallwink:

If not, then following the PsyWar path would make for the best gish, but for sheer mobility, go straight for Nomad, and look into Psychokinesis for blasting, making good use of Expanded Knowledge. It all depends on what you'd like to emphasize.

EDIT: As for the capstone thing, have you considered playing gestalt?

Psyren
2013-10-14, 01:23 AM
I would go with Ascetic Path. You want a high-dex, light/unarmored build to take the most advantage of acrobatics, plus Ascetic has Acrobatics as a Path Skill for those really nice untyped bonuses. Assassin's Path gives you a big damage boost so you can dump Str and focus on Dex/Wis, or you can take Mind Knight for free Inertial Armor. You can then go for a Dervish Dance build and channel your extra PP toward your Precognitions.

avr
2013-10-14, 02:15 AM
An Aegis, possibly with the Trailblazer archtype could also work at least at low levels. If you're concerned with L20 capstones though you'll probably be playing mostly at high levels - which suggests that the Psion is the way to go.

Corlindale
2013-10-14, 03:58 AM
Psychic Warrior into Elocator is also my suggestion, I've often considered something similar myself. You get to walk on walls and ceilings effortlessly, which is obviously awesome for mobility. And Elocator offers a lot of tricks to take advantage of said mobility.

You could also go for the Dimensional Dervish feats, assuming your GM allows you to qualify with Fold Space (which ought to work, since it is Dimension Door in all but name). Just imagine a warrior that blinks in and out of existence in combat, appearing on walls, ceilings and floor facing in all kinds of directions to strike at his confused foes. It'll take a while to qualify for them with Psywar-Elocator, of course, but the fluff is pure awesome.

LilligantEX
2013-10-14, 05:07 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions , guys! Very helpful!

I'd never seen Elocator before, and it looks like the way to go! :D