PDA

View Full Version : Help [further] optimizing a debuffer

Irk
2013-10-13, 11:00 PM
So I'm in a ninth level game right now in which I am playing a debuffing character, as the title implies. Unfortunately, we are facing off against many constructs, which prevents the use of fear or mind affecting effects.

My character is currently an unseelie fey human Hexblade 8/Bard 1
I am using the mike Mearls modifications, and I picked winters chill for the fey.

Feats are as follows:
Bind vestige
imp. bind vestige (Focalor)
Doomspeak
dreadful wrath
extra music
power attack
arcane accompaniment
arcane flourish (prereq for above)

My cha is 24, I'm mentioning this because it is really the only stat of note

The last two feats are used for a trick I cam up with, in which I sacrifice Hexblade spell slots in order to increase the duration of doomspeak for 1 round, making it two rounds. The, I have a harmonizing weapon which makes it last for another 7 (my cha bonus). This essentially gives the opponent -10 to everything for 9 rounds. Furthermore, I AM using the dark companion ACF, so I can, in theory, give people -11 to saves by standing next to them, no save( -2 focalor (mind affecting sadly), -2 dark companion, -7 winter chill).

Next three levels are going into paladin of tyranny, I think, which will give me not only aura of sadness, but also divine grace, which'll provide +7 to ALL of my saves.
I will also be purchasing Hexbands for +1 DC to curse and 5/day cha mod damage to cursed enemy for just 3100
I looked at the hex feats, and I don't think any of them are really THAT great, but I could be wrong. Curse of sloth and some others ARE good, but they have prereqs like 'any other hex feat,' which is where I start to have issues. However, I could be wrong about they're usefulness
I haven't really picked a hexblade bonus feat yet, so if that helps, that's available. If you have any suggestions, that'd be great.
The rest of the party is actually kinda low-op, so I decided to stick with tier 4-ish
However, regardless, last session involved in encounter with three zelekhuts and three clockwork horrors, plus some other powerful construct. I dunno what that adds up to, and it should've been fine, but most of the other players haven't had as much experience as me.
Also, although I know it is basically impossible, is there any way to get around immune to mind affecting? The only way to bypass it on constructs is with bestow human traits, or whatever that eberron spell is, and that is expensive to wand, plus no one has it yet.