PDA

View Full Version : Whither the Immortal Indigenous Bariaur?

thatguy
2007-01-01, 11:46 PM
I'll try to be as clear as I can on this.

Bariaurs are indigenous to the plane of Ysgard. According to what I've read, if any individual dies on Ysgard it receives the effects of a "true resurrection" spell within 24 hours. Does this imply that as long as a bariaur resides on Ysgard, he can't be permanently killed by conventional means (ie besides something like a sphere of annihilation?) What are some better ways to do so? (I'm thinking, remove bariaur from plane using portal of some kind, then kill. Other options without getting ludicrous? I don't want this to be like a "kill the tarrasque" thread.)

Furthermore, for the purposes of hypothesis, if a being such as an evil monster or a demon invades Ysgard and is killed, will it also come back, according to the "rules as implied" for Ysgard? (I hesitate to call it RAW)

Stormcrow
2007-01-01, 11:53 PM
The oldest school version of things implies that if a summoned creature is killed away from its home plane it doesnt die but is transported back to its home plane. See the Demon Ertu in the Icewind Dale Trillogy.

On the topic of the evil creature i belive yes under the word of the rules it to would be resurected unless one of Ysgard's gods decided to intervene.

I think there would have to be a spell involed to kill it outright, thats just my view.

MeklorIlavator
2007-01-02, 01:20 AM
or one could send its corpse to another plane(if demon, send to seven mountains of celestia, ect )

thatguy
2007-01-02, 11:52 AM
Would moving the corpse work? I was under the impression that if it died on Ysgard, a "true resurrection" type effect would allow it to be returned to Ysgard under the spell's rules - it says no part of the body needs to be present.