PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Sleep and Charm Person

Letric
2013-10-14, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether an asleep npc would get a +5 on his saving roll against a Charm Person spell.

We're playing Rise of the Runelords. My party has faced Tsuto and our Psion used Slumber to knock him down.

Party recently leveled and I saw that the Psion took a spell that works as Charm Person.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/empathic-connection

Spell description says:
If the creature is currently being threatened or attacked by you or your allies, however, it receives a +5 bonus on its saving throw.

The guy is asleep, do you think I should rule the +5 or not. It's my first time as DM, so far I'm doing decent, except maps, which I hate, and still learning about the Town and world.
Party is:
Psion Elan
Fighter Human
Monk Archer Variant Tengu
Alchemist Ratfolfk

Allowing them to charm Tsuto (Psion is rolling with a 17 DC, the +5 would make a big difference) might provide them decent info on Thistletop and what they'll be facing. As you've noticed they lack a Cleric or means to heal themselves, so the challenges that will come wil be hard for them.

So far everything has been easy due to the Psion sleeping everyone, but 80% of the enemies ahead will be undead, and Psion will be useless.

What do you think?

Psyren
2013-10-14, 10:42 AM
I would say no, because they are no longer aware of anything happening around them and thus would not feel "threatened." They also would not know they were being attacked until something woke them up.

They would still get a will save, just not with the bonus.

Letric
2013-10-14, 10:44 AM
I would say no, because they are no longer aware of anything happening around them and thus would not feel "threatened." They also would not know they were being attacked until something woke them up.

They would still get a will save, just not with the bonus.

Aye, that's what I was thinking, because after all you're not aware of your surroundings.

Well, cool, guess they will find out more about the Goblin's Lair:smallbiggrin: