PDA

View Full Version : Ivalice Adventures-Cyril edition

Philemonite
2013-10-14, 11:22 AM
A sharp pain in the back of your head almost makes you scream, but as you open your eyes you notice that you are not alone. You take a closer look at the people surrounding you and you realize you have no idea who they are. You try to focus and access your deepest memories but the only reaction is more pain. There is only one thing you can remember, your name.

Mabn
2013-10-14, 12:27 PM
A name, well that's something, [pain] a name can be built off of [pain]. What can my name tell me [pain]? Two parts: system of identification based on commonly understood events, significant population density and common culture; alphabetic representation, standardized spelling: writing prevalent, education and manufacturing at or above given level; query: commonality with other names/language meaning? Syllabic tracing? May indicate if name is local and/or original []. Why didn't that hurt? Wait, I know syllabic tracing! I don't know my age but I know linguistic evolutions?!

[roll0]
what can I learn about my name with regards to old languages?

Deerpoob
2013-10-14, 04:25 PM
Vanus woke groggily and looked around with blurry eyes, what had happened? his head stung and the more he questioned it the more it seemed to throb, better to just assess the situation at hand then, blinking away the blur he gazed around, a small group of people who seemed in various states of consciousness, were they in the same situation? they might have answers he didn't, he stood up and shook his head as he wobbled, then found his staff, why did he know that he not only had a staff but knew how to use it, but not why he was here?

Walking to the nearest body he leaned down and checked for a pulse, he was pretty sure they were all in a similar state as he, but he was on edge nonethless.

Vanus also knew he could heal them, he was a priest after all, again more questions again his head throbbed like the worlds worst migraine, he closed his eyes and sighed "hello?" he called, perhaps some were awake and simply weren't moving yet, waiting to see what would happen?

wqsaey
2013-10-14, 06:42 PM
Selena stirs at the soft greeting, rustling the red uniform jacket laid on top of her. A deep drowsiness hangs over her, but soon rushing migraines force her to react reflexively and cradle her head with her left hand. Owww... Not again... Looking around to maybe find some medicine, Selena suddenly realizes that she's in a place she doesn't recognize with several other people she doesn't even know lying about and starts panicking. Wh-where am I? What's going on?

Noticing a fairly young-looking man with a staff and priest's robe standing nearby, Selena calms down a bit for reasons unknown. Maybe she can trust him? It has to be worth a shot to ask him where she was. Still coping with the headache, she struggles up to her feet and walks over to him. Politely tapping him on the shoulder, Selena nods her head slightly and asks, "Excuse me, sir? Do you know where we are and what happened here? I seem to not recall."

Mabn
2013-10-15, 12:56 AM
"He is as amnesiac as are you. This concentrated grouping of headaches and memory loss can only be due to a common external impetus which directly impacted our minds. As we seem to be on our own and no tools likely capable of this task are present we should next identify how were came to be here for clues in the method of transportation."An armored figure sat cradling his head. "alternately we could immediately start searching for a way to become very, very drunk and try subbing things out for a hangover tomorrow."

FujinAkari
2013-10-15, 02:41 AM
Erin snapped her eyes open and winced, her vision blurring at regular intervals that she would eventually come to understand coincided with the intense throbs of her heart and related waves of blood coursing through her skull.

She looked around... first at herself. She wore a rather decorative collection of glimmering blue steel... with parts conspicuously missing from one leg and torso. Had she been robbed? She didn't believe so, what sort of thief would only make off with a strategic bits of metal rather than the more easily stolen elements.

Perhaps she was some sort of entertainer then? No... that did not seem likely either. Her sword was very real and had a familiar tingle as she held it... so it was certainly something she knew far more intimately than a showgirl might a random prop.

She shook her head, it was no use. There were others here as well and, despite an urge to dismiss the collected mass of humanity as irrelevant, she had to accept the reality that dealing with them was a tad more urgent than figuring out herself.

She looked across them, the midnight blue iris which her long, silken hair did not obscure causing a casual sweep across their group. "Hello."

Deerpoob
2013-10-15, 08:46 AM
As Vanus walked he noted a distinct dull pain in his right leg, it was not, he quickly discerned, a wound from whatever calamity had caused this mass amnesia, perhaps something before that, either way he finished the last few steps using the staff as an assistant and looked to the woman who addressed him followed by another man attempting an explanation, but at the end of the day none seemed any the wiser then he.

Shaking his head and sighing he could offer no words of wisdom better then the man who had spoken from his position sitting on the ground holding his head

"I suppose the first thing we should do is figure out just where we are, and whether we should be staying here, lest whatever left us here return." it seemed reasonable and he saw no reason to leave on his own in what was now a entirely alien location.

A fourth person greeted them "hello, I am Vanus by the way" addind the second part to include the rest of the odd group he then went over to the other unconscious forms to check on them, his limp was noticeable but did not impair him too much.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-15, 08:56 PM
Angelique opens her eyes and it is only met with a rush of pain flowing from her face to the back of her skull Now that was a mistake... She immediately picked up on the connection on the frequency and intensity of the pain with the effort of trying to recall any detail about herself aside from her name. Closing her eyes again, the heavily armored maiden places a finger from each hand against her temples and begins to gently rub them but her hand only met her helmet. She had a feeling in her gut that this was a magically induced amnesia due to the added affect of pain at even the hint of trying but she obviously couldn't or wouldn't recall how she knew that. She could hear the voices of other people and the word amnesia was being tossed around Well at least there are others in the same situation, strength in numbers is a tactical advantage I would not wish to lose..

The tall hume stands up slowly and opens her eyes tentatively, wincing at the expected pain while her eyes adjusted to the light. She reaches behind her and touches her blade assuring herself that it is still there. As Angelique approaches the others she has a feeling that she is the last to join them. Her first impression of the rag tag group was that at the very least they were diverse; one was obviously a priest, one a monk, one some other type of scholar or arcanist, another knight, and someone else who wielded a rapier. She assumed that the others, like herself had no idea where they were so she decided to begin exploring.

Wordlessly the tall woman walked through the group of people, she had to somehow make her presence known, and off towards the unknown while drawing her blade for good measure.

Starswords
2013-10-16, 08:21 PM
A man can be many things, can be called many things: a rick, a mountain, a king, a coward, a force...it does not matter so much what a man is called but what a man is. This man was a force of will and discipline bit one lost, a power inert without direction or reason. Some men would look outside themselves for purpose, but not this one.

The bald one drew himself into a proper seated position, this brought him a measure of comfort though he did not know why.He slowed his breathing down and turned his focus inward attempting to ignore pain, ignore the others, and ignore his surroundings in general so that he could focus...could ground himself in....something.

[Roll=Meditation]1d20+9[\roll]

Deerpoob
2013-10-16, 08:35 PM
"um m-miss?" Varus called as the heavily armoured knight walked past them, he turned to face her and watched, at least everyone was mostly unharmed, he quickly followed the knight until he was along side her, the thud of his staff making a soft ticking noise as it hit the ground "we should stay together miss, its safer considering we don't know where we are or what might be around us"

Mabn
2013-10-16, 09:23 PM
"perhaps not, in one location we are vulnerable to capture and ambush. Scouting is not a bad idea." Vawen Doss pulled himself to his feet and looked around the group. "Moreover we should decide what it is we're trying to accomplish. Do we wish to escape our captors and avoid them or learn about our captors and look for them?"

Morbis Meh
2013-10-17, 08:18 AM
"If you wish to stay behind and wait for whatever brought us here that is your choice but I prefer action when it is more useful. " She doesn't break her pace to speak just keeps on walking steadily foward with her blade resting on her shoulder.

FujinAkari
2013-10-18, 01:19 AM
The white-haired knight rose silently as well, glancing slowly about the group. Things had already sprung into a flurry of activity and, as was so often the case, the activity had the appearance of chaos and indecision.

One man apparently seemed to be attempting to go back to sleep while a black-armored woman was forging off ahead without so much as a 'how do you do.' Not that Erin minded, the less that was shared the better, but it certainly spoke volumes about the mindset that a person could wake up surrounded by strangers and immediately just charge off elsewhere without even comparing notes.

She shook her head... all this mental consternating wasn't apt to do much besides grant the woman a headache. She rose to her feet and checked to ensure her violin-case had no visible signs of damage then simply straightened. Looking to the others, she simply said. "Erin." before falling silent again, content to follow their wake without doing much to influence their stampede.

wqsaey
2013-10-18, 01:10 PM
Selena worries as the armored lady and man separate from the group. Are people already splitting up? If anything, shouldn't we be staying together? There's still the mysterious force that gave us amnesia and put us here in the first place. Actually... I wonder if there are any clues around here that could help us?

With a perceptive eye, Selena scans the area for any disturbances that could indicate the reason why they were all there.

Perception: [roll0]

Mabn
2013-10-18, 01:20 PM
"Our departing friend is pointedly moving in a straight line. One assumes if she has reason she can turn around and relocate us. I have no objection to following her, but retracing steps sounds really wretched right now, so I'll wait for more consensus."

Deerpoob
2013-10-18, 10:21 PM
"I believe it is best to stay together, staying here won't solve much and may prove to be more dangerous then leaving, I say we follow our armored friends example." the young priest shrugged as he laid his suggestion out, he was still following a few feet behind the dark knight, motioning that the others should follow.

But where were they anyways? best to get somewhere they could get some bearings, at least somewhere they could see another person, hopefully someone with more of there memories.

Philemonite
2013-10-31, 06:15 AM
As you take a look around you realize you are in a clearing surrounded by a forest. Barely visible from all the trees there is a town in the distance. It's a good 15-20 minutes walk away. Before you have any chance to figure out what town it is you hear a rustling behind you. As you turn around you notice a few angry goblins and an unfamiliar creature. Since running is not an option, you will need to fight.

3 Red Caps and a Rockbeast
Sorry for the delay, I had some...stuff happening.
Assuming there are any players left I will be making regular updates.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-31, 08:36 AM
Angelique turns around to face her enemies, her face is calm almost serene. Comforted by some unknown reason that she was about to spill blood she readies herself in a battle stance that felt most natural. Sword held in a high guard she poised herself for the exchange of blows.

Mabn
2013-10-31, 09:04 AM
Vawen shifts to face these new creatures, but does not get up.

FujinAkari
2013-10-31, 06:06 PM
Erin, however, did rise to her feet. She looked at the creatures with a frigid mixture of interest and contempt. Who knew how long the others would bicker about what everyone but themselves should be doing, and the sudden arrival of the beastkin would serve as a suitable distraction to their squabbling.

She drew out her long sword and whispered a word into the aether, causing the weapon to abruptly shimmer, multi-facetted runes leaping to life all down the blade's surface and burning with a white-cold intensity.

Clenching a fist, the woman sunk into a battle stance, her long white brade swaying and bouncing slightly as the lithe hume settled onto the balls of her feet.

"Come."

Deerpoob
2013-10-31, 10:06 PM
Var looked at the group of creatures, just what they needed...He held his staff ready, it would be a bit of an annoyance to fight with a limp as he did but he figured he must have done it before so he could do it now.

the lumbering creature that was different from the others seemed quite resilient, perhaps magic would be more effective then swords against such a thing, he stepped up as near the others as he could get and readied himself, feeling protective both for the others and the town behind them, while it was not a large group they might still hurt someone if they got closer.