PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Synthesist capstone?

Frosty
2013-10-14, 11:40 AM
How does the Twin Eidolon capstone work with the Synthesist Summoner? If you assume the evolutions and statistics of your eidolon...which you WEAR anyways...you gain...zero benefits? What? I don't get this.

Hamste
2013-10-14, 11:45 AM
Split forms can be used with it for some benefit. The only other time it is useful is if the eidolan is forced back to the plane in which case you just become the eidolan for no net gain or loss.

stack
2013-10-14, 12:16 PM
Well, I've never been convinced the synthesist was actually thought out before going to press. This is unfortunate, I love the archetype, but the rules interactions were a mess (and I think still are vague, even after multiple, sometimes conflicting, posts on the FAQ).

Frosty
2013-10-14, 12:39 PM
Secondary Question (normal summoner, not synthesist):

At 12th level, whenever an ally is within an eidolon’s reach, the ally receives a +2 shield bonus to its Armor Class and a +2 circumstance bonus on its saving throws. This is from the Greater Shield Ally (Su) ability.

So, you always count as your own ally. Does that mean at 12th level, the Eidolon always gets +2 to saves and +2 shield bonus to AC?

grarrrg
2013-10-14, 09:18 PM
How does the Twin Eidolon capstone work with the Synthesist Summoner? If you assume the evolutions and statistics of your eidolon...which you WEAR anyways...you gain...zero benefits? What? I don't get this.

Like the man said, poorly thought out.
Also, like the man said, it can be a useful "emergency" suit up, as it only takes a Standard action, and doesn't burn a Spell Slot (Summon Eidolon).

At 12th level, whenever an ally is within an eidolon’s reach, the ally receives a +2 shield bonus to its Armor Class and a +2 circumstance bonus on its saving throws. This is from the Greater Shield Ally (Su) ability.

So, you always count as your own ally. Does that mean at 12th level, the Eidolon always gets +2 to saves and +2 shield bonus to AC?

Ally: (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9nda)
"You count as your own ally unless otherwise stated or if doing so would make no sense or be impossible."
Presumably, no, it would not benefit itself.
But, as with most things, it's open to some interpretation.

Frosty
2013-10-14, 09:45 PM
Like the man said, poorly thought out.
Also, like the man said, it can be a useful "emergency" suit up, as it only takes a Standard action, and doesn't burn a Spell Slot (Summon Eidolon).Now I want to build an Ironman-themed Synthesist summoner :smallbiggrin: