PDA

View Full Version : Solomon's Point-Asdoukar (IC)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-14, 12:40 PM
It is a cold and crisp fall day. Having arisen extra early, Asdoukar spent most of the day's light gathering food and hunting for game. To his satisfaction, he has found a nice meaty boar that has wandered into the area. Dragging it back, he glances at the sky. The rain is moving north, and will be upon him soon. With that thought in mind, he stops dragging the boar and picks it up with both hands, trying to hurry.

This changes when he approaches his cabin however. It's the smell of smoke. Dropping his boar, he breaks into a run towards his cabin. As he emerges from the edge of the forest into the clearing he finds himself in shock. His home is largely in flame, the fire nearly enveloping the whole house already. Standing in front of the flaming home is four blue skinned goblins wearing animal skins. One with a staff is kneeling, deep in prayers. Meanwhile the other three jump up and down eagerly, excited by the flame in front of them.

Asdoukar is 50ft away from the goblins, and he gets a surprise round if he attacks.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-14, 03:18 PM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar stops running with his limping gait when he gets in sight of his cabin. His mind was racing through the probabilities, but his heart knew.

Of course. He was content here, at peace. Of course the Gods would strike.

He lets a sigh and for a moment, he looks up in Heaven.

Having fun, up there?

But then, cold determination takes him. The goblins would learn respect, one way or another. He silently takes two arrows from his quiver, licking the shafts on one smooth motion. The next moment, the arrows are flying towards the kneeling goblin priest. You always strike the snake in the head.

Rapid shot
attack1 [roll0] dmg [roll1]
attack2 [roll2] dmg [roll3]

Initiative [roll4]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-14, 04:05 PM
For future knowledge, a surprise round only consists of a standard action. So you wouldn't have been able to rapid shot. However I'll allow it this time because I certainly don't want you to die... this early.:smallwink:

Sadly, you didn't confirm the crit.
However I can't beat you in initiative, so go again.

The blue skinned goblins stop their jumps and dances as the priest's prayer stop mid sentence. The priest feels his injuries for just a moment, stunned that he was shot, before falling sideways to the ground. The three remaining goblins turn, staring coldly at Asdoukar. Anger for killing their holy leader fueling a rage inside them.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-15, 12:44 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar stares in satisfaction as the cleric topples. That was a good hit. But now he had to face three armed and probably furious opponents. Well, he was angry himself.

Asdoukar withdraws strategically some 30 ft back. If they want him, let them sweat. As he moves, he again knocks an arrow and let is loose.

Sorry, you are of course right about surprise.

Move 30 ft back so that the distance is 80 and they need an full round to approach.
Atk [roll0] dmg [roll1] at the goblin closest to Asdoukar.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-15, 03:39 AM
The three goblins turn and begin a charge towards Asdoukar. Seeing the potential danger, Asdoukar backs into the woods he emerged from to keep a distance. But before he goes, he looses another well placed arrow. It speeds through the air into one of the goblin's throat. Thankfully the goblins heavy use of animal hides slows their movement down. They run to the edge of the forest, and then stop because they are unable to sprint safety. However the woods are a double edged sword, as it grants them a degree of cover because Asdoukar is forced to fire through thick woods.

There are currently two remaining goblins 30 ft away from you, and they have cover. They ran, so do not receive a dex bonus this turn however. Finally, they appear to not have ranged weapons.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-15, 06:55 AM
Asdoukar

Limping away from the goblins, Asdoukar nodes with satisfaction as his arrow finds his target. Once more, now, with feeling.

Asdoukar limps so that the goblins no longer have cover. This puts him in disadvantage, but if the shots succeed, it would not matter. He sends one more arrow flying.

Move so that he remains 30ft from a goblin, without cover.
Atk [roll0] dmg [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-15, 06:07 PM
Link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqrz5kcWkVwBdFNQTVBnLWtnbE53M012NnNTQUF3b UE&usp=sharing)for the map

Basically the green squares are thick enough forest that if you shoot through more than 10 ft, your subject has cover. So the only place you can theoretically move is right between them....

So move yourself and we can keep that roll.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-16, 01:59 AM
No problem moving 10ft close, if they do not have cover. Say I24

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-16, 09:19 AM
Another arrow downs one of the goblins. The remaining one pauses for a moment, no doubt contemplating retreat, but he clearly settles on the opposite. Rushing forward, he swings his blade at Asdoukar trying to take revenge for his fallen friends. Thankfully the blade moves too slow, and Asdoukar is able to side step the attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ProudGrognard
2013-10-16, 10:36 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar smiles grimly. That was it. He takes a small step back, as he sidesteps the swing, while at the same time taking two blunt arrows out of the quiver. He fires them in quick succession. No sense killing the goblin, he needs answers.

Rapid shot with blunt arrows (nonlethal damage)
atk1 [roll0] dmg [roll1]
atk2 [roll2] dmg [roll3]

ProudGrognard
2013-10-16, 10:37 AM
Confirming critical
[roll0], x3 if hit

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-16, 02:02 PM
That roll to confirm didn't work

Also, are you using your blunt arrows to deal non-lethal? Because that incurs a -4 penalty to hit. Blunt arrows just change the damage type to bludgeoning and allow you to deal nonlethal for the -4 penalty.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-16, 03:29 PM
Yes, blunt for nonlethal. Sorry, forgot to put the -4 in. So

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-16, 04:08 PM
[roll0]

The first arrow hits the goblin hard in the head, and he falls down with a loud thump like a sack of potatoes.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-20, 02:29 AM
As Asdoukar stands over the remaining goblin, his mind in a daze over what to do next, it feels like days pass. Then abruptly he is pulled from his daze by a loud whistle. It appears the priest was not as dead as originally believed. He lays on the ground, blowing a signal whistle.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-20, 03:43 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar breaks from his reverie, frowning. He is usualy not prone to musings in such situations. Glancing in the sky to make sure that everything is alright

Survival [roll0] for time-keeping

he starts to tie the goblin in front of him. Then he would go over to the cleric. He needed answers and two prisoners made better material. He was not a cruel man, but he could be, if pushed.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-22, 05:32 PM
Asdoukar successfully ties up the goblin he knocked out. He then moves towards the priest goblin near his burning cabin. The priest seems to have healed himself some however, as he gets up and starts to move westward as Asdoukar begins walking.

Map has been updated for your movement and his. It's Asdoukar's turn.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-23, 01:14 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar limps towards the priest as he starts to run. He hasn't been this annoyed in some years. He calls out in a reasonable voive.

This will not save you. Just wait.

He takes out two more arrows. With swift motions, he licks their feathers and let then loose.

Rapid shot
[roll0] dmg [roll1]
[roll2] dmg [roll3]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-23, 09:21 PM
The priest falls once more, and a pool of blood begins to form beneath him. From where he stands, Asdoukar can hear his soft laughing as he dies.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-23, 11:44 PM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar rushes to the priest, trying to see if he can be saved before dieing. He needs answers!

If yes, he will try to stabilize him.
If not, he will search him and the other dead goblins.

He will then secure the bounded goblin, search the already dead goblin and try to salvage anything from his cabin.
Then he will interrogate the goblin(s) that are alive.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-24, 12:01 AM
Asdoukar rushes over to the goblins priest, trying to stabilize his wounds in hopes of getting answers. His hopes are dashes however as he is unable to stop the bleeding. Placing his ear to the goblins mouth, he hears the priests dying words. "Nyark tuch Japp... abatrraas..." A shame those words were in goblin.

Getting up from the body, he turns to go to his prisoner. Yet his quick reactions force him to stop dead in his tracks. A large brown wolf stands over the corpse of his prisoner. It seems to be chewing his face off. Looking up at Asdoukar, it growls at him as flesh & blood fall from it's mouth.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-24, 11:37 PM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar repeats the words of the priest until he is sure he can remember them. When he turns to his other prisoner, he stops dead in his tracks. For a moment, he considers hunting the wolf. But no matter now. A wolf pelt more or less would not make a difference.

It has been an adequate life, here. I had been content, if alone. But even that was not enough.

He turns in the sky.

You had to strike me, even here. So be it. I will rebuilt. I always do.

First shelter. He needed money and fast. He had to go to the city, at least for a few days.

Asdoukar searches the goblins and the remains of his cabin for anything worthwhile. And then, he sets for the city, to find shelter and work.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-25, 11:53 AM
Asdoukar clearly was under the assumption that the wolf would not harm him provided he did not try and take it's meal away. The assumption was apparently not shared with the wolf however. The beast charges across the clearing, leaping at him with a certain degree of anger in it's eyes. The beast bites his leg for 5 damage, and pulls him to the ground. Asdoukar is prone.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

ProudGrognard
2013-10-27, 01:19 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar grits his teeth as the wolf brings him to the ground. His lame leg starts to bleed. Not a lot of things to do now.

Asdoukar tries to stand up while keeping the wold at bay. He then takes out his axe and stares at the wolf.

"I hunt deer. This has not been a good day for me. I will make it so for you, too"

He swings his axe with all the force of his arms

So. Standing up, provoking an AoO, combining the move action with drawing weapon and attacking. If I made some miscalculations somewhere, then just standing up and moving 5ft away, changing weapons.

Atk [roll0] dmg [roll1]

EDIT: Damn.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-29, 01:05 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
The wolf bites at Asdoukar as he rises, before dodging his attack. Thankfully it's jaws only find the metal padding of his armor. Before it can once more try and trip him, a whistle in the distance sounds off. The wolf looks away for a brief second, before carefully stepping away from Asdoukar into the woods. It's eyes watch him as it backs up, reluctant that it didn't finish the job.

It takes it's AoO before doing a full withdraw back into the woods. It has cover on Asdoukar based on it's position in the woods.

ProudGrognard
2013-10-29, 02:03 PM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar watches the wolf withdraw, retrieving his bow in the process. He puts a makeshift bandage over his wound, before continuing to salvage anything salvageable from the goblins and his house. Then, he had a long trek to the city.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-30, 09:32 PM
Asdoukar pulls what little from his house that the fire hasn't already consumed, and leaves as it still burns. He has plenty of time to curse his luck as he heads south.

After several hours of walking, he comes to the city wall on the towns northern wall. By this time the rain has arrived, and his last hour of walking is in a downpour. If he is lucky, one of the guards will be willing to lower a rope, and let him scale the wall. That would get him into town within the hour. Otherwise, walking to the gate on the western side of the city would likely take him double that time.

Approaching one of the towers on the wall, the two guards spot him easily. "You there! What is your business?"

ProudGrognard
2013-10-31, 03:03 AM
Asdoukar

In the walk here, Asdoukar tries to make sense of the attack. What happened? Why? And whose wolf attacked him? He can ask in the town and see if anyone had the same problems. And perhaps someone was willing to pay to address them.
Near the gate, Asdoukar leaves his pack and addresses the unseen guard.

"I am Asdoukar. I have been in this town many times, selling my pelts. My home was attacked by goblins and I want to notify the Captain of the Guard. Then, find a place to stay.

Let me in, good man. I am tired and wounded, and I have no home for now".

Did Asdoukar find anything in the goblins ' bodies or in his house?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-01, 03:47 AM
"Asdoukar? Asdoukar... Asdoukar.... That name does sound familiar."
"Yeah, I remember a Asdoukar. The captain called him a damn fool just the other day. He's got a funny limp. Did this guy have a limp?"
"I dunno. I wasn't paying attention to it. I think so."
One of the guards leans over the wall."Err... What's the name of the mayor?"

Each of the Goblins carried a black rock. Four of them carried a small sized scimitar, while the priest carried a quarterstaff and a spell focus (A holy item made from tightly bound twigs). In addition, they all carried empty flasks of oil and were equipped with hides.

If you tell me what was in your house I can tell you what you were able to salvage.

ProudGrognard
2013-11-01, 06:37 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar sighs and looks at the sky again, shaking his head.

"I can hear you, you know...

The mayor is Audrin Terintlo and my feelings about "Black" Bart are rather indifferent. As for my limp, I assure it is still here. Now, can I come in, please?"

Let 's just say that I salvaged anything that is in my charsheet. Plus, what the goblins carried.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-02, 02:22 AM
"Yeah. If you're a spy, the front gate wouldn't catch it." The older guard says cynically. He drops a rope ladder down.

Make a perception check.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-04, 04:38 PM
The guards gladly let Asdoukar climb up the wall and he has no problems. As they move the rope ladder so that he might climb down the other side, Asdoukar's eagle eyes notice something odd in the distance. About half a mile away, near the shore's edge there is the town graveyard. Currently there are three people in it for some reason. Despite the rain, his eyes are sharp enough to tell that all three are wearing a decent amount of armor. Armor... in the middle of a graveyard... in the middle of a rainstorm. Quite odd indeed.

ProudGrognard
2013-11-05, 03:03 AM
Asdoukar

As Asdoukar climbs up and he is ready to turn in for the night, he catches a glimpse of a strange sight. For a moment, he ponders whether to mention it or not. He sighs, for the millionth time this day.

I am going to regret this.

Excuse me, but it seems that down in the graveyard, there are three armored people doing ...something. Since this is a rainstorm, and it is night, perhaps something is going on?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-05, 04:39 AM
(It's not quite night, else you wouldn't be able to see them. But the skies are fairly dark from the storm).

The guard immediately turns, his attention now peaked. Holding up his hand over his eyes, he stares at the graveyard for a good half a minute. Gruffly he shakes his head. "The storm is playing tricks on your eyes friend. You're probably just seeing the undertaker moving about. Odd fellow that he can be."

A second later, the other guard manages to get the rope ladder down the inner side of the wall. "There you go. Right as rain."

ProudGrognard
2013-11-05, 06:43 AM
Asdoukar

"Sir, unless the undertakes has two assistants and they all move around in armor, something strange is going on in the cemetery. Bear in mind that my home was just attacked by a goblin shaman. Perhaps it is not a coincidence? Perhaps it would not hurt to mention it to Captain Bart?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-05, 01:07 PM
"With this rain, I can't even see anyone in the graveyard so I have no idea how you would..." The guard mutters loudly to himself. "Tell you what? If it'll make you feel better I will send word down the wall to the next tower. Maybe they can see the graveyard better from there."

ProudGrognard
2013-11-05, 02:48 PM
Asdoukar

"Whatever you feel best. You know better, after all, I am just a visitor. Now, should I see the Captain first or could I go to the inn and see for some shelter?"

Feel free to speed things up, if this takes too much time. Also, could a healer be found this time of the day? Two or even one heal checks would make Asdoukar go to full HPs

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-05, 05:48 PM
As long as you're not putting extra effort into checking up on the individuals in the graveyard, then we can speed directly to town.

If you would like to find a healer, we can go straight there if you'd prefer.

"No, you're not required to see the captain, even if you came into the city via an odd way. Have a safe walk down the hill."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-09, 03:30 AM
On the way into town, while walking down the hill, two of three individuals in the graveyard catch up with Asdoukar. A hobgoblin and a tiefling. Head over to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16387395#post16387395)and say hello.