PDA

View Full Version : Solomon's Point-(IC)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-14, 01:09 PM
It is a early afternoon in the small town of Solomon's point. The fall weather is cold, and a light rain has just started that will soon pick up. Whatever it is that brought you travelers to this town, you were greeted mildly by the townsfolk and soon found out this little town has only one inn.
The Prancing fox, which is also a tavern on the base floor.

Ausk and Kilarra have already purchased their room, and find themselves now down at the tavern. The rain has pushed them inside. Surprisingly, they are alone in the Tavern with only the grumpy looking human owner, Horus, over by the bar polishing glasses. Oktar is just arriving.

AngryCyc
2013-10-14, 01:22 PM
Kilarra

Kilarra sits quietly, somewhat deep in meditative thought, off to the side of the entrance. She's in the sort of spot where she can easily see anyone who walks in, but where you probably wouldn't notice her if you had just come in.

She sits, drinking and thinking, with an almost serene look on her face. Her calmness is rarely interrupted by anything in the tavern, and it appears outwardly that she is paying little if any attention to the surroundings.

She is though. Her mind is racing and she overanalyzes every single detail about her surroundings, but her features do not betray the turmoil within her.

Benthesquid
2013-10-14, 01:43 PM
Oktar strolls into the tavern, the brim of his hat pulled down low over his eyes. He slowly scans the confines of the tavern, a slight smile playing about his lips. He has made it into town with no worse than a few odd stares, but the probabilty of someone taking issue with him tend to increase exponentially once he actually starts interacting with them.

His fingers drum on the handle of his flail as he approaches the bar. "I'll need a room for the night," he says, in perfect, if accented, Common. "Nothing fancy, but I think it's best for all concerned if I have the room to myself."

He pauses and glances at the other customers. "And a round on me," he adds, watching the bartender closely for his reaction.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-14, 02:15 PM
The man continues to polish a mug, a stare at Oktar that certainly isn't friendly. Then, just before Oktar decides to repeat himself, he finally answers "Well sorry to disappoint you, but all our rooms are taken for the night." This is of course a bold faced lie, as Ausk and Kilarra would know. There are six rooms and they are the only guests that they've seen. Yet Horus very clearly tries to pass this falsehood as fact.

[roll0]

Edit: Wow, what a roll. Well we'll see if one of your fellow players help.

Benthesquid
2013-10-14, 02:28 PM
Oktar smiles at the bartender, revealing two rows of large, very white teeth. "A pity," he says calmly. "Perhaps one of these fellows will agree to let me have theirs." He glances from the quiet woman by the door, to the large serene looking man. "What do you say? I'll double what you played this one," he adds.

Survy
2013-10-14, 03:08 PM
Ausk glances up from his drink, and looks back and forth between Horus and the newly arrived visitor. He smiles genially suddenly, and turning to Horus he says, "Why Horus, i'm sure there must be a room open. Especially for a man like this, who certainly has enough coin for it if he can afford to pay for my next drink."

Diplomacy - [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-14, 04:15 PM
Horus stroke his beard for a moment after Ausk speaks, his frown never moving. Thankfully he's more caught off guard, and doesn't appear to be upset at Ausk. "Err... Now that you mention it, I do have a room that just opened up that I could sell you. But it would be too expensive for your tastes. It wouldn't be fair."

Benthesquid
2013-10-14, 04:59 PM
"Ah, I am glad that we can work this out like civilized individuals. To begin with, please, name your price, and then we shall see whether or not it is acceptable."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-14, 11:09 PM
He frowns, disappointed that his talk of cost had no effect on you. "As you wish. If you really want a room, I think 20gp a night is fair. That would cover my losses."

Benthesquid
2013-10-15, 10:00 AM
Oktar considers smashing the humans head in and burning the tavern to the ground, but in the end decides that it's more trouble than its worth. So instead he smiles and allows himself to be cheated. "Very well, but I shall need that to include stable and fodder for my animal."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-15, 05:52 PM
"I suppose so" he says before mumbling to himself "Hell, if I'm going to let one beast under my roof, why not two?"

20gp later, he hands you two keys. "Anyone need a filler up? Apparently on the goblin's tab..."

AngryCyc
2013-10-15, 06:40 PM
Kilarra tips her cup in the air, but otherwise says nothing.

Survy
2013-10-15, 08:15 PM
Ausk raises his mostly empty mug as well. He adjusts his white scarf before turning to the newcomer."Well, i'm glad that's settled. So, any man who buys me a drink deserves my name I think. Ausk Canan is what I'm called."

Benthesquid
2013-10-15, 10:01 PM
"My name is Oktar Charlock, the clanless. I thank you for your words- it is not everyone who would come to the aid of a stranger, so."

He turns a chair and sits facing the white-scarfed fellow. "So tell me, Ausk Canan, what brings you to this town?"

Survy
2013-10-16, 08:36 AM
"Ah, well one could say helping you is my business. I come here fresh from the completion of my training in Vigil, where The Temple of Sarenrae saw fit to bless me as one of Her Paladins. My mentor traveled the land in his youth, and advised me to do the same if I wished to learn the 'real meaning of being a Paladin'...though he can be a rather strange man admittedly."

Ausk drinks some of the last of his ale, and turns back to face Oktar. "And you? This town is a little out of the way, though honestly I can see why you may want to avoid the larger cities. Many I knew in Vigil would already be reaching for blades."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-16, 09:45 AM
As Horus fills the drinks, a guard enters the establishment. Unconcerned with anyone, including Horus, the guard turns and hammers a document into the wall next to the door. As expected, Horus looks less than pleased. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?"
"Sorry Horus. Order of the mayor, to be put up in all the taverns where it can be easily seen." The guard says, sounding rather unapologetic. Once the document is finished being nailed in, he leaves.

Benthesquid
2013-10-16, 10:17 AM
"I had heard that this town was having some trouble with goblin attacks. It is an area in which I have some experience," he grinned again from under his wide brimmed hat, "So I thought that I might lend- or, more exactly, hire out- my expertise."

He pauses as the man with the hammer comes in, and then, curious, stands to examine it.

AngryCyc
2013-10-16, 10:26 AM
Kilarra waits a pause to finish her drink, then casially ambles over to read the notice.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-16, 10:29 AM
As Kilarra has her cup refilled, she overhears Horus mutter "A hobgoblin who wants to take care of the goblin problem. That's like buying a tiger to take care of the cat overpopulation."

Oktar approaches and reads the document without trouble.

$Reward$

There has been three persons who have recently gone missing. All of them were last reported having headed to the town graveyard. A brief examination has not turned up any signs of a struggle. Therefore I am offering a substantial reward to any individual(s) who can locate the missing AND put a stop to these disappearances.
-Mayor Audrin

Benthesquid
2013-10-16, 10:47 AM
Oktar reads the document aloud, and then chuckles to himself. "Missing persons. Well, as good a method as any to defray my expenses, I suppose. What about you, paladin? Seems right up your alley."

He turns to Horus. "Which way to the graveyard, man?"

Survy
2013-10-16, 11:31 AM
Ausk chuckles slightly, as if hearing a joke. "Well, I'd feel a bit silly passing this up after all that training."

Ambling over to inspect the notice himself, Ausk then turns to the fiendish-looking woman nearby, attempting to ignore the slight chill in his heart upon meeting her eyes. "And you? You carry yourself like one accustomed to combat at least.

AngryCyc
2013-10-16, 12:15 PM
She stares long at the two, before quietly stating "That is true. I find myself curious as to the cause, and would not mind the reward. If you 2 are heading out to the graveyard, then I would not be bothered by tagging along. Safety in numbers, and all that...

Shall we head out now? Lest someone else beat us to the prize."

She has already grabbed her belongings and is ready to march out the door.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-16, 01:15 PM
Having not read the document, Horus gives the hobgoblin a strange look. "If you head up the northern Hill, you can't miss it. It's the only thing up there other than the wall."

Last chance before you go, anyone getting any supplies before you leave?

Benthesquid
2013-10-16, 03:20 PM
Oktar nods his more or less sincere thanks, and turns to the others. "I will collect my donkey, and then I shall be ready to go."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-17, 04:36 PM
The three new found acquaintances follow the poor directions of Horus, and head up the northern hill expecting to find the cemetery. They find the only dirt road heading up the northern hill, and take it. The hike up the hill takes well over an hour, and all three find themselves a little winded in their armor. However when they reach the top, they find themselves impressed by the view.

From where they stand, they can see the whole town. The wall of Solomon's point is built on both the south and north hill surrounding the town, so they can only see beyond the western parts of the wall. However the parts they can see are equally as breathtaking. And of course, to the east is the open ocean. A rare and impressive sight as well. The final sight that catches their eye is on the southern hill. A large white mansion sits just on the edge of the hill, looking over the little city below. It's a wonder no one noticed it before.

Continuing on the dirt road from the top, the three can now see the wall's edge. A few towers built into the wall are spread throughout, and each one seems to have a guard or two watching the outer wall. Given the size of the wall, which is much bigger than the city, it is surprising they have enough men to properly man the wall.

Pressed near the eastern cliff and not far from where the wall ends is a mile wide plot, filled with tombstones from the last century of residents. Residents who will never again leave Solomon's point.

The plot is surrounded by a black iron fence, that hugs the area of the tombstones with plenty of space to spare. In the far back western corner, there lies a grave spot that has recently been dug. In the center of the cemetery is a large oak tree, that appears to be in poor health. Something hangs from one of it's branches. Near the eastern part of the cemetery are several large mausoleums that look old. The place appears to be unguarded, as you are the only one's here.

Benthesquid
2013-10-17, 04:47 PM
Oktar ties his donkey to the fence, patting it reassuringly on the nose. Then he scans the graveyard. Nothing immediately seems out of place to him, but he catches a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye, hanging from a tree.

Drawing his flailed, on the basis that whatever is causing people to disappear from a graveyard is unlikely to be friendly to intruders, he cautiously approaches for a closer look.

Perception:On whatever's in that tree.

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-17, 09:06 PM
Clearly his eyes are blinded by the heavy rain now befalling them, as Oktar approaches the tree extremely close to get a good look. To his surprise, a black bird hangs from some kind of string some eight feet off the ground. The wind blows it back and forth, making it difficult to tell anymore details without a close examination.

Benthesquid
2013-10-17, 09:52 PM
Oktar considers for a moment and then slips the handle of his flail back through the loop on his belt, drawing his scimitar again, and swinging upwards to cut the rope.

Attacking a space five feet above me and five feet ahead, to sever the rope.
Attack roll, if needed (I'm never sure on how breaking objects work)
[roll0]
Damage , likewise if needed
[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-17, 10:42 PM
Oktar easily cuts the bird from the tree. As it slices, he realizes the rope was the bird's intestines. The body fall to the ground, where Oktar can now recognize it as a raven. The bird has a large cut down the front of it, which is where the intestines unwrap from. Inside it, the body begins to almost bubble as whatever is inside of it begins to move.

A cold chill travels through Oktar's skin, and immediately Oktar senses danger.

Oktar needs to make a will save.

Initiative

[roll0] - Ausk+0, Kilarra+1, Oktar+3 (1.3, rounded down)
[roll1]

Pc's get a chance to react. Kilarra & Ausk are presumably 40ft away.

Benthesquid
2013-10-17, 10:59 PM
Assuming that either an 18 makes the save, or that if it fails, the effect does not prevent me from acting in this round. Will redact post if neither of above is true.

"<Abomination!>" Oktar growls in Goblin, and lashes out at the dead thing with his scimitar.

Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Survy
2013-10-18, 09:19 AM
Ausk charges forward, drawing his blade as he goes, and with a loud roar attempts to cut into the foul abomination.

Power Attacking
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

AngryCyc
2013-10-18, 09:21 PM
Kilarra moves to follow her new teammates, drawing her mighty guisarme, but she stops just short of them and takes up a defensive position to protect them from anything else coming forth.

Reach weapon, and still not quite sure what we're even attacking (?) so stopping short of where they charged to in order to hit it, and just standing behind them.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-19, 12:44 AM
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqrz5kcWkVwBdGEwN0JUS3ZBck8wd1g5X3hPMmtqV nc#gid=0)

Clearly concerned, Oktar's new comrades move forward trying to figure out what is going on. Meanwhile Oktar deals with the problem the best way he knows how. He tries to slice it in half. And to be fair, his attack hits true, slicing the bird in half perfectly. However once sliced in half, the unbelievable starts to happen. Hundreds of black birds fly out of the corpse. They fly back and forth in short flight patterns, pecking and clawing at everything. Oktar. Ausk. Even the tree. Wherever these birds have come from, they are now a angry cawing swarm.

Oktar & Ausk, Take [roll0] Damage & make a Fort save.

Survy
2013-10-19, 09:29 AM
Ausk yells out in rage and pain, and swings his large blade through the air, attempting to catch as many of the birds in it's path as possible.

Fort: [roll0]
Power Attack: [roll1]

Edit: Used 1d20 for my damage die because insomnia is a hell of a drug. Rolled in OOC thread.

Benthesquid
2013-10-19, 02:04 PM
Oktar growls with rage as the flapping black forms strike at him, and takes a step back, swinging at the feathered mass with his scimitar.

Fortitude Save
[roll0]

Attack Roll
[roll1]

Damage Roll
[roll2]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-22, 05:25 PM
With the outpouring wave of ravens, Ausk and Otkar find themselves simply overwhelmed. Their number is so great, that Oktar finds himself unable to move beyond pushing the ravens away from his face. The creatures continue to swarm them, clawing and biting at every open patch of skin. Ausk pushes through it all however, and brings his weapon through the mass of them, killing three birds.

The sight seems to have set off some deep rooted fear in Kilarra, as she freezes from fright.

Both Oktar & Ausk take [roll0]

Because Oktar failed his fort save, he was nauseated and unable to act for the round. So his attack was not applied.

Once again, both Ausk & Oktar need to make a DC 12 Fort Save. In addition, Oktar needs to make a reflex save because he failed the fort save.

And yes, you are able to damage this swarm but your weapons deal half damage. If someone has knowledge (Religion), they can make that check as well.

AngryCyc
2013-10-22, 06:46 PM
Kilarra

Knowledge(Religion) [roll0]

Kilarra tries to better figure out exactly what these things are before she starts slashing willy-nilly at them, but seeing the blade of her new ally deal some damage, she tries to do the same.

She slashes out at them with her guisarme and tries to catch them in its arc.

Attack [roll1]
Crit confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Crit Damage [roll4]

Survy
2013-10-23, 02:32 PM
Ausk, invigorated by his success, sweeps his sword through the air again with all his might. "The birds in this region are certainly friendly!"

Religion: [roll0]
Fort: [roll1]
Power Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Benthesquid
2013-10-23, 03:26 PM
Coughing and trying not to retch, Oktar staggers out of the cloud of birds.

Fort and reflex rolls made in the other thread. Not much he can do at this point.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-23, 11:47 PM
@Oktar
Oktar isn't physically sick. It's just akin to be nauseated because there's dozen of birds all over him, which is quite distracting.

On that note, I moved you westward in your fleeing movement, because I didn't think it made sense to move through your allies (South) or towards the place the birds emanated (east). If you would prefer to move north, I can change that. (Actually everyone should be able to adjust the map, so either declare squares if you move or just move yourself.) Additionally, I only moved you 15 feet rather than 30 because of the blindness. (See below)

The battle appears to be going poorly from Oktar's perspective. The birds are numerous and seem to be taking revenge on him for cutting up the bird body. Unable to properly move, he tries to flee. However, just as he is leaving one of the ravens scratches him in the eye. The pain blinds him, and he cannot see at all.

Meanwhile Ausk holds his ground and continues to whack away at these creatures. His attacks hit hard, and several birds fall to the ground dead. But they continue to attack. Scratching and pecking at any exposed skin.
Ausk takes [roll0] damage and must make a DC 12 fort save to resist their distraction ability.

You are welcome to just make your fort roll with your attack & Damage for simplicity. If you fail the save, I just ignore the attack because you would be unable to make it.

Kilarra manages to overcome her inner demons, and attempts to help Ausk. Sadly she connects with empty air somehow. However she does make a frightening realization. These birds appear to not be living. Rather, they are undead. She doesn't know much about them beyond that however.

AngryCyc
2013-10-24, 12:45 AM
"They're undead! Have you anything that is strong against undeath??" Kilarra cries out, before taking another swing at them.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Boy, really clutching it with these rolls, huh?

Survy
2013-10-24, 10:08 AM
Ausk's expression darkens, and he tightens his grip on his sword. "Stay back then! This will be over swiftly!" Channeling holy power into his blade, Ausk once again strikes out at the birds, attempting to cut them down.

Fort: [roll0]
Power Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Benthesquid
2013-10-24, 12:24 PM
Oktar tenderly probes at his eye, doing his best to determine whether it is actually damaged, or if it is only the blood in it.

[spoiler]Heal Check: [roll0][spoiler]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-24, 02:04 PM
Once more Ausk braves the swarm's fury. With Oktar gone, they seem to have turned their attention to him. But his resolve pays off and he kills several more with another mighty swing. He suspects they may finally beginning to thin. Kilarra again tries to aid, but her reach weapon must be too slow. It moves through the undead ravens with no effect, as they all seem to avoid it.
Oktar, just barely out of the swarms wrath, kneels for a moment and tries to clear his eyes. Thankfully the rain seems to be helping with that. He manages to wipe the blood from his eyes, and finds he can see again for the moment. But his eyes hurt like hell.

Ausk takes [roll0] damage.
As per the drill, keep making that fort save.

Survy
2013-10-24, 02:10 PM
Feeling himself begin to weaken from his wounds, Ausk swiftly calls upon the Dawnflower for relief, attempting to knit together his wounds. He then renews his assault, intent on finishing off the swarm.

Fort Save: [roll0]
Lay on Hands (also has Sickened Mercy): [roll1]
Power Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Benthesquid
2013-10-24, 04:41 PM
Now free of the swarm, Oktar grins and drops his scimitar, drawing his heavy flail in its place. Friend Ausk, step out of the cloud! These monstrosities cannot strike at us all at the same time."

So saying, he swings his flail into the cloud.

Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

AngryCyc
2013-10-24, 05:01 PM
Growing increasingly frustrated, Kilarra begins wildly flailing at the birds, desperate to have a hit connect with them and do any meaningful damage.

Seriously. This better hit.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-24, 05:26 PM
The three adventurers focus hard on the swarm, and their efforts pay off. Countless dead bodies of the birds are stretched across the ground. Those still alive scatter in all four cardinal directions, disappearing into the storm almost as quickly as they appeared.

Oktar needs to roll one last fort save

Benthesquid
2013-10-24, 05:36 PM
Oktar hangs his flail from his belt again, and retrieves his scimitar. "Well," he remarks dryly. "In the past there have been those who called me unduly paranoid, but I would tender the suggestion that all is not right in this graveyard."

He glances about. "Glaive woman, you seemed to know something of these birds. Can you enlighten as to where they may have come from?"

AngryCyc
2013-10-24, 08:01 PM
"Kilarra, is the name. And I could not tell you where they came from anymore than you could recognize what a specific breed of horse was and then tell me who it's owner was. I merely recognized their absence of life."

Benthesquid
2013-10-24, 08:20 PM
"Hmmph. Well, I suppose we should investigate the area to see if there is anything else out of place."

So speaking, Oktar draws his flail again, and begins pacing the graveyard, carefully examining it for anything unusual.

Taking ten, and then, if that turns up nothing and he's uninterrupted, twenty on perception checks, for a total of... ten, and then twenty.

AngryCyc
2013-10-24, 09:41 PM
Kilarra tries to help look, but isn't quite sure what they're looking for... or even HOW to look for that matter. Noticing details is a lot harder than people make it out to be.

Aid Another [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-10-25, 12:02 PM
Still need that fort save from Oktar.

And how about some more Knowledge Religion rolls from those folks with the skill.

Despite the rain, Oktar takes his time looking around the graveyard. To the east, he finds several faded mausoleums. The names of who they contained faded away. Without opening them, he finds nothing of interest around them.

To the western part of the grave yard, he spots the open grave that was noticed before. After looking in that direction for a while, he notices the graves around it all seem to stick out. Only dirt covers the graves, and he notices flakes of grass mixed in with the dirt. Thus he concludes that those graves have been recently dug up, and then reburied. For what purpose, he has no idea.

The group remains by the tree with the dead bird.

Benthesquid
2013-10-25, 02:05 PM
Fort Save
[roll0]

Sorry, missed that somehow.

Oktar pauses by the recently redug graves. "There is something wrong here. Someone has been at these recently. I don't suppose either of you have such a thing as a shovel about you?"

AngryCyc
2013-10-25, 02:17 PM
Knowledge Religion [roll1d20+4[/roll]

"If they've been dug up and reburied, my guess would be that we find NOTHING in them..."

Benthesquid
2013-10-25, 03:36 PM
"If you have another suggestion as to how we should proceed, I would be glad to hear it. Otherwise- finding empty graves tells us something. Finding full graves tells us something else again. Finding graves with more occupants than they ought to have would suggest something else altogether."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-04, 04:41 PM
The group dawdles about for a bit, unsure of how to proceed. Apparently the idea of figuring out this mystery has become... more complicated. Finally the group decides to head back to town. Then just as the trio leave the gate, Ausk spots a shovel hidden under one of the bushes.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-06, 05:01 PM
Everyone make perception checks.

Benthesquid
2013-11-07, 01:40 PM
Perception [roll0]

AngryCyc
2013-11-07, 03:18 PM
Perception[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-07, 08:31 PM
Oktar notices that someone has climbed down from one of the guard towers about half a mile away, and appears to be heading in your direction.

Kilarra appears to have rain in her eyes.

Benthesquid
2013-11-08, 12:16 PM
"It seems that we are to have a visitor," Oktar remarks, ""A guardsman by the look of him."

He glances at his companions- "It may be better if I did not do all the talking."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-08, 02:18 PM
To everyone's surprise, he walks onto the 'road' and turns to head down the hill. There is a minor limp in his step.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-09, 03:28 AM
Midway to the road, Ausk stops the group. "Whatever's going on, we still haven't stopped it. I'm going to keep a watch on the graveyard while you two speak to the mayor." He then returns to the graveyard. On the way down the hill to the city, Oktar and Kilarra run into the man Oktar had seen in the rain. It is Asdoukar, a human woodsman who walks with a slight limp and seems to be bandaged from a recent wound.

The three remaining (PC's) have a chance to introduce themselves as they walk down the slippery hill.

ProudGrognard
2013-11-09, 03:59 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar catches a glimpse of the strange figures in the graveyard coming towards him. In his experience, it has always been better to make an introduction first.

As he gets nearer, he is a bit taken aback by how strange these figures are. But who is he to judge? He approaches, with his pronounced limping gait a weary but friendly smile on his lips, probably lost in the rain.

"Greetings. I am Asdoukar. I hunt deer. This has not been a good day, or night for me. Were you in the graveyard? I think I saw armed figures there. A strange place to be during a thunderstorm. But again, I just had my cabin burned by goblins. Who am I to judge?"

Benthesquid
2013-11-09, 09:38 AM
"My name is Oktar Charlock, the Clanless. We were investigating reports of disappearances in the graveyard." He smiles, revealing two rows of very white teeth. "You say your cabin was burnt by goblins? I came here in response to just such rumors. You might call it my area of expertise. Perhaps it is time I talk with the mayor."

ProudGrognard
2013-11-09, 12:38 PM
Asdoukar

"How fortunate that we met, then. And perhaps you can help me with a question. The goblin shaman I send to meet his god whispered some words before he died. They were " Nyark tuch Japp... abatrraas...". Do you know what they mean?

And I too want to meet the mayor. Something strange is going on. But first I must find a healer."

AngryCyc
2013-11-09, 01:03 PM
"Kilarra... is my name... And I'm afraid I have no idea what those words mean. But did he seem to be a necromancer of sorts?"

Benthesquid
2013-11-09, 01:07 PM
"It means nothing good," Oktar said. "It is a kind of a threat, or a warning. Something wicked this way comes." He offers his arm to support the limping man. Come, you are of this village. Tell me where we can find a healer, and I will walk with you there. I have some minor injuries myself."

ProudGrognard
2013-11-09, 01:16 PM
Asdoukar

"I am not of this village, just a frequent visitor. But I think if we go to the inn, where I have to rent a room either way, the innkeeper will fetch a healer for a few coins. They usually do.

Something wicked this way comes, heh? It would be the kind of thing the gods like to do to me"

Going to the inn, then?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-09, 01:58 PM
Kilarra & Oktar lead their new acquaintance back to The Prancing fox. Business seems to have picked up some compared to when you left. As the hobgoblin walks into the bar, the chatter grows to whisper and many of the eyes are on the front. Horus, dissappointed slightly that you came back, seems to improve in mood once he notices Oktar's wounds. His concern returns when he sees Asdoukar come inside.

"Asdoukar isn't it? What happened? Did this lot hurt you? I can have someone fetch the guard for you if you're afraid to"

ProudGrognard
2013-11-10, 03:46 AM
Asdoukar

Asdoukar barely suppreses a sigh. Bigotry, how nice.

"No master Horus. I think it actually is the other way. These gentlemen here probably did this town a servisc just now. My wound are from fighting goblins. But perhaps more should be said only in the presence of the Captain and the Mayor. They would now best.

But right now, I am in need of your excellent hospitality. A room, clean water and some of your famous food would nicely. And then perhaps an esteemed man like you could help me locate a healer?"

Benthesquid
2013-11-10, 10:59 PM
"A healer would be much appreciated, barkeep. I would hate to bleed on your... charming furniture," Oktar says, glancing about the common room.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-11-11, 03:28 AM
He thinks for a moment, secretly not wanting Oktar in the bar with other patrons. "Of course. Of course. You both look terrible." Handing Asdoukar a key to a room, he adds "Why don't you three go up to your rooms and get some rest. Much more peaceful. And I will send a message for the doctor to stop by. In the meantime, I would happy to send your meals up to you so you may better rest. We can handle your bill in the morning Asdoukar."

ProudGrognard
2013-11-11, 04:12 AM
Asdoukar

"That would be fine, Master Horus. And please, some food and rink for these gentlemen here. Thank you"

Asdoukar starts to go towards the room, inviting the other bloodied fighters up.