PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Feats for a human oracle?

Reinkai
2013-10-14, 03:02 PM
My DM blacklisted Paragon Surge after one session (fair enough) so I find myself needing a new feat. I have:

1 - Extra channel
1 - Selective channel
3 - Craft wonderous item
5 - Craft arms and armor
7 - Leadership

What are some feat suggestions for a 9th level life oracle with clouded vision?

I have several that I've been considering, but they all seem rather weak for feats compared to what other classes get. Improved Initiative? Life Lure? I'm kind of at a loss.

Blyte
2013-10-14, 03:29 PM
improved initiative isn't a bad option.

at 11th I'd suggest divine interference.

if your DM allows you to take a feat ahead of time, DI comes online at 10th level... just too bad you can't get it till 11th.. maybe ask to take it at 9th and lay dormant till 10th.

Reinkai
2013-10-14, 03:49 PM
Divine Interference seems like it'd be awesome for stopping criticals. My DM and I are both very RAW though, so I doubt either would be comfortable with me ignoring the 10th level req. For 11th I was thinking Channeled Revival.

Edit:

When I got home I pulled up my list of potential feats to grab:

Extra Revalation (though there aren't many I'm still interested in)
Selective Spell
Life Lure
Quick Channel
Divine Interference
Channeled Revival

navar100
2013-10-14, 08:02 PM
It just so happens I'm also playing a Life Oracle with Clouded Vision. Here are my feats at 10th level:

Selective Channeling
Extra Channeling
Quick Channeling - to heal as a move action when necessary
Combat Casting
Improved Initiative
Reach Spell - it's nice to cast buff spells at a range and stay out of harm's way. Also good for emergency healing when one party member is desperate. Works well with Combat Healer. At higher level works great for Reach Breath Of Life when I can't get to the party member. I also look forward to Reach Heal and Reach Harm.

When a player had to move away we did a one-shot adventure with our characters advanced to 16th level. The extra feats I chose:

Warrior Priest - + 1 initiative, +2 Concentration
Uncanny Concentration -with all my feats I could cast any spell defensively on a Natural 1
Divine Interference - Level 1 and Level 2 spells lose efficiency at high level. Now you can burn slots to force an opponent to reroll an attack roll when they hit someone. Very handy if their original hit was a critical threat.

grarrrg
2013-10-14, 09:30 PM
When a player had to move away we did a one-shot adventure with our characters advanced to 16th level. The extra feats I chose:

Warrior Priest - + 1 initiative, +2 Concentration

Just throwing this out there, but going into Hell Knight Enforcer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/hellknight-signifer) is not a bad option for an Oracle.
"his Hell Knight enforcer level stacks with other divine spellcasting classes for determining the effects of those classes' ...mysteries."
So while you don't get 'more' Revelations, it still progresses everything else from your Mystery. And some Mysteries don't have all that many MUST HAVE Revelations anyway (and you can always grab an extra through Extra Revelation feat). AND you still get your Mystery spells.
Non-Oracle levels still count as 1/2 towards your Curse.

So the only thing you'd really 'lose' is the level 20 Mystery Capstone. But if the game isn't going to level 20 anyway...