PDA

View Full Version : Need help salvaging Warblade/Artificer gestalt. =(

visigani
2013-10-14, 03:19 PM
How can I salvage this concept? I'm afraid my warblade/artificer gestalt (warforged with phrenic template). The rest of the team is samurai/fighter, ninja/dread necromancer, and Monk/Spellthief.

The DM wanted to avoid too much magic but the ninja/dread necro is his girlfriend, so eh?

He allowed me to add the phrenic template to my warforged because he knows I'm going to have difficulty keeping up. However I don't want to be a drain on the party. The Samurai and the Ninja are half elves, the monk is a half-orc.

The DM is being nice about the whole thing, though. After realizing I was set on the concept he told the group that I was a prototype warforged and would count my character as reducing the CR of the group by 1 to make it more fair to everyone else.

Still, it irks me he has to do all this stuff. Help me Giantitp, you're my only hope. =(

He told me all books were allowed, but I can't figure out how to make this work. Help?

Honjuden
2013-10-14, 03:24 PM
Can you post your current build? Knowing what you have will greatly help with any advice that might be given. Also, from what it looks like you should easily be the strongest character in that party with a little prep work.

Doc_Maynot
2013-10-14, 03:27 PM
Yeah, what Honjuden said, please show us your build and perhaps further explain to us how you aren't wrecking face at the moment.

visigani
2013-10-14, 03:35 PM
Yeah, what Honjuden said, please show us your build and perhaps further explain to us how you aren't wrecking face at the moment.

I haven't built a cjaracter yet but I don't even know where to start. I'm thinking on having power attacl as my first feat.

Honjuden
2013-10-14, 03:49 PM
Here is a little required reading.
Artificer Handbook - http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2829.0
Warblade Handbook - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176968

What level are you starting at? What is the level of your party members? Are you rolling for stats or using point buy? If you are using point buy how many do you get?

Urpriest
2013-10-14, 04:04 PM
Warblade // Artificer can be really really strong...and I'm pretty sure I've seen you around the forums before. If this is satirical, you really ought to use blue text.

Big Fau
2013-10-14, 05:07 PM
Warblade // Artificer can be really really strong...and I'm pretty sure I've seen you around the forums before. If this is satirical, you really ought to use blue text.

Yeah, Visigani has been around before. IIRC, he recently proclaimed druids to be underpowered, and I believe he made similar assertions a lot longer ago.

@OP: Disregard Infusions almost entirely; unless you get infinite AP they generally aren't worth using (save the long-duration ones that last entire dungeons). Use your Craft reserve to make the party toys, and yourself a couple of buff items/wands/minor schema. Pre-combat buff up with UMD, then use your Warblade side to wreck encounters while supercharged.

Use your Phrenic abilities when your Warblade side can't do much. And possibly take the Warforged Artificer Racial Sub levels from Races of Eberron.

VariSami
2013-10-14, 05:14 PM
Ah, very subtle. Indeed, I could never see how a Phrenic Warforged Artificer//Warblade could stand up to the power of of Half-Elf Samurai//Fighters and Dread Necromancer//Ninjas, not to mention Half-Orc Monk//Spellthiefs. Really, a lost case, this one. My suggestion is making a Gully Dwarf (Dragonlance Campaign Setting) Truenamer//Paladin the next time. Maybe then we can help you.

Honjuden
2013-10-14, 05:34 PM
You all will have to forgive me. I think this may be the first outright troll I have seen on this forum.

Averis Vol
2013-10-14, 09:00 PM
You all will have to forgive me. I think this may be the first outright troll I have seen on this forum.

It happens occasionally, and it generally provides a great laugh. It's also usually about proving how OP monks are.