PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the Red Spire

Gaiyamato
2013-10-14, 05:45 PM
The Red Spire is an Orc settlement sitting on the plains west of the end of the great forest. It is built upon a jutting rock full of iron oxide (though not able to be mined). Low wooden make-shift walls guard the downward slope to the plains facing the north ,north-east and south-east. Other than that right now this is just a small thorpe comprised mostly of Goblin civilians with some Orc presence. It is largely muddy, very poor and of a low level of development.

The Dark Empire forces approach from the north-west, marching as a single block, two Skeletal Dragons and a Madness Demon flying high in the air above them. The force is led by Duke Gaheris and his elite unit of corrupted cavalry. A unit of Lemures ambles alongside the main bulk of the zombie force - an entire legion - who are pulling two Trebuches along with them.
1800 troops and the three flyers.

Inside the defenders are substantial. The entire Hobgoblin empire has taken up residence along with the entire Orc Kingdom. 2000 Troops in all currently hold the settlement against the Dark Empire. Having thrown everything into this one battle. Leading the defense is the Hobgoblin King, the Orc Warlord and the Hobgoblin head shaman.

BelGareth
2013-10-14, 08:25 PM
Gaheris rode on Cakerot at the head of his column, the skeletal dragons flying above with the Madness Devil cackling back and forth as it flew across the column.

Smoke hazed around him, but with a mental plug, he commanded his mount to cease, and it stopped.

He peered at the amassed army that seemed determined to fight them here, it was a bold move, to challenge them here, he knew the other army would plow through the other village and move through to his location, but was it worth waiting?

He looked to see the enemy composition.

looking to see cavalry, infantry, bowmen etc

BelGareth
2013-10-14, 08:48 PM
Gaheris nods to his left, Shaerin nodded with a grin and blew a horn signaling the attack.

Do you have a map?
[roll0]

if not line up as follows Left to right
Gaheris + elite unit
Legion with Shaerin secunded + lemures
Madness devil will fly above the legion
Both Dragons on right. (if not able to fly)

Gaiyamato
2013-10-14, 09:02 PM
Map is going to be 4 sections of 30x30 squares. I'll get it up later.

[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-17, 03:30 AM
OOC: Been very busy, and this battle is huge. I will get to this as soon as I have the time though.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-19, 11:10 PM
As your army is setting and preparing for the first assault of the siege you hear the bass trumepts and drums of the Dark Emperor's force off over to the west, heading toward you. The Hobgoblins and Orcs wait inside their fortifications as the reinforcements arrive.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-20, 06:36 AM
OOC:
Testing 30x30 map grid sections for clarity.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/Gaiyamato/30x30grid.png

If that shows up fine to you I will get 9 4 of them up with details on them. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Quite large actually. 60x60 should be plenty big enough for this battle.

BelGareth
2013-10-20, 10:49 AM
that works fine for me.

so I was thinking, wait for the emperor, duel him, take command, and parlay terms of surrender and vassaldom to the enemy.

my thought process is, they have some nice troops, I would prefer to have those and disband the undead...

fail that, attack when he comes, duel him afterwards, take command, lament at the loss of elite troops...

Gaiyamato
2013-10-20, 11:57 PM
The Dark Emperor approaches you as his forces arrive. "Hail! Gaheris my champion. Why has the attack not yet commenced? Too many of them?" he asks, he his voice crackly like that of most of his race, yet deeper from the massive bulk of the armor he is wearing.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 12:29 AM
Gaheris turns form the inspection of his newly acquired mount, the skeletal Dragon was a monster, truly, and he would put it to good use.

But for now, he would have to deal with another problem...

Nodding slightly as the Emperor arrived he did not smile at the jest, said in jest or playfully aggressive, he did not care...

"There are other things that needed my attention," said in an off handed way, dismissing the jest from the onset "For instance, this." he draws his longsword and points it towards him "I am challenging you for control of the Empire, Accept and die at my hands, yield and you will serve as a lieutenant in the legions. I am no Champion of yours, I am only Champion to Ta'nakk'k the Ancient One!"

Raising his other hand with his shield, bearing the markings of the Vile one he yells to the sky "Ta'nakk'k the Vile one! Hear me now! Bless your champion that he may smite this offender, this weakling of existence, I fight this duel in your VILE name!"

He then looks back to the challenged and readies.

His prayer is casting Sadism (http://dndtools.eu/spells/book-of-vile-darkness--37/sadism--169/) and obviously dedicating the duel to the Vile one.

[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 12:46 AM
Inside his hemlet the Dark emperor grins. "So be it!!" he yells as he launches into an attack.

[roll0]

The Vile God hears you and Grants you Fast Healing +10 (on top of any other you have).

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 12:48 AM
Dark Emperor attacks:

[roll0] [roll1] crit confirm [roll2] x3
[roll3] [roll4] crit confirm [roll5] x3

No crits.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 11:08 AM
The Emperor manages to get a lucky hit on Gaheris, catching him off guard, he merely smiles and counter swings with his sword, rebounding the spear from his right thigh in kind.

He grins even deeper as he feels the Vile ones blessing coursing through him, healing his wounds as he stood.

He swung his sword at his opponent, one slice to the shoulder, another to the ankle, this was going to be an interesting fight...

Fast heal +10 hp's
Swift action: activate Law Devotion
Free: activate Divine Might
Full: full round attack

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2] [2nd attack]
[roll3]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 07:55 PM
The Dark Emperor reeled form the assault for a moment before returning the fight

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

No crits, heals 5hp if he hits.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 08:09 PM
Gaheris' smile grows bigger, almost to the point of growing to large as the Emperor fails to hit him.

He counterattacks...

Fast heal +10 hp's
+3 luck bonus to hit/damage/saves (for 30 damage dealt)
Swift: blade of blood (taking 5hp for +2d6)

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 08:22 PM
The Dark Emperor is bleeding from the large cuts delivered to him by Gaheris. Some of his wounds continued to heal (FH+10) but the Emperor is now in bad shape.
Desperate now he activates everything he has to deal as much damage as possible to Gaheris.

[roll0] [roll1] crit [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] crit [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7] crit [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10] crit [roll11]
EDIT: No crits.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 08:30 PM
Gaheris is grinning again, as he dodges the blows, one miss, two, three, one manages to hit, but he takes it in stride as he continues to bash aside the blows with his shield.

Fast heal +10 hp's
+7 luck bonus to hit/damage/saves (for 70 damage dealt)

1d20+28)
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 08:31 PM
gotta reroll 1st attack
[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 08:32 PM
OOC: unless you roll a 1 you hit anyway.
On -8HP. But still conscious.

The Dark Emperor is finished, Gaheris' blade buried deep in his belly, he is unable to go on. He falls to his knees, the great spear Thanifex falling to the ground in front of him.

"All hail Emperor Gaheris" he manages to croak out.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 08:39 PM
Gaheris smiles as he stabs him in the chest, pushing him down to his knees.

He had won.

He had felt the presence of his God, and his power invigorated him still, he still wanted to kill something, but thought better, no, he can serve.

Pulling his sword out with a boot to the chest, he knocks him over while pulling his sword out.

Moving over, he sheathes his sword and picks up the spear known as Thanifex.

Holding it aloft he turns to the assembled watchers, zombies, devils, his personal guard, Shaerin...a few others...looked each one in the eye.

"I am your new Emperor! Bow to me, your Lord EMPEROR!"

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 08:42 PM
"I will never bow to you, kill me or I will not stop until I regain my throne. Kill me and become the Emperor." he wheezes out.

Upon grasping Thanifex power fills your body, your wounds are healed as Thanifex throbs and feels alive in your hand. You feel a presence in your mind, slowly growing. It feels familiar and safe, it reeks of the Vile God.

OOC: -9hp.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 08:46 PM
"So be it." he whispers

Whirling, he brings thanifex down and thrusts the tip through his foes face, severing and decapitating his foe.

Thanifex is a greatspear correct?

Unless it grants xprof, Gaheris probably wont use it, he doesn't have the necessary feats, and that -4 is killer.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 10:00 PM
The Dark Emperor dies.
As soon as you pull Thanifex from the Dark Emperor a another surge of energy flashes through you, you can see through the eyes of every undead creature in the Dark Empire. More you can feel what they feel.
At first this drives you insane, the images flood your mind.

Concentrate on the darkness within you. Feel the rhythm within me. The images will leave you. When they do lay me on the ground beside both of your weapons.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 10:06 PM
Gaheris moans as the images flood him, there were hundreds, thousands of images, all of the same thing, all from different angles, all of him....he fell to his knees and screamed, his brain wracked in physical pain from...from...what? Emotions? every feeling, every emotion, every synapse of undead psyche recalling its past life...and it overwhelmed him...

But then the voice cut through the cacophony like a hot knife through rotten flesh, just before he was about to delve into the abyss, bathe in the blanket of depravity.

He concentrated, as he was told to, at first nothing happened, he tried and tried, forcing the images away, but to no avail, so he heeded the advice, concentrated on his hate, his anger, his...darkness, the images slowly started to recede, and then focused on the voice, found the dark rythm within it, and linked the two, creating a dark pulse within him, sending more and more of the images away with each pulse.

After a few moments of what seemed like a life time, he opened his eyes, the images finally having gone, or being controlled, and knelt, placing his weapons on the ground as instructed.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 10:14 PM
OOC: Gain 1 Evolved Undead. Only while you own thanifex however..

IC: Thanifex sits between your longsword and lance for a moment. Not much happening. Then it suddenly explodes into a puddle of pure darkness. Negative energy seeping through the ground and around your feet. The area contracts, space and time distorted for a brief moment, everything falls silent as all sound ceases to travel. Then your weapons also pool into liquid wood and steel. They are rapidly absorbed into the darkness of Thanifex.
Like a rubber band suddenly snapping back everything rights itself again and there is just Thanifex on the ground.

Reaching down to pick up the great spear an image of a longsword appears in your mind. Thanifex cools to the touch and then suddenly shifts into a longsword, radiating evil and negative energy.

Nearby the bulky body of the deceased Dread Emperor finally falls to the ground.

OOC: Thanifex is no longer a legacy weapon but just a nasty artifact.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 10:20 PM
Gaheris, Dark Emperor turns to his troops.

"Send an ambassador to the hobgoblins and orcs, we need to talk."

so mechanically what is it?

Or do I have to find that out? :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 10:40 PM
Omen: Whenever you strike someone the air around you darkens slightly.

Any weapon +3
Vicious (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#vicious)
Greater enhanced Soulbound [Stores up to 5 essentia, can invest up to 5 essentia to add +5 to hit and damage]
Necrotic focus
Vampiric
Bloodfeeding
Unholy Power

[EVIL][EPIC][MAGIC][SILVER] for overcoming DR.

Anyone slain by Thanifex may be instantly animated using either animate Dead or Create Undead at will. Skeletons created in this way gain Deadly Chill (Libris Mortis) or Destruction Retribution (Libris Mortis). Zombies created in this way gain the Plague Zombie template (Libris Mortis).

1/month one victim may be animated using Greater Create Undead.

1/month by taking 1D3+1/2CR WIS damage Animate slain victim as Any undead of your chosing less than CR 22. If this reduces your WIS to 0 you are in a coma until it fully heals. (this has been used already for this month, will be available on week 5).

These are undead are all controlled by thanifex, who has an unlimited control limit. The wielder can see, feel and hear via any undead thanifex controls. Should Thanifex be destroyed all undead instantly crumble to dust.

Anyone not animated as undead has their soul trapped within Thanifex. Thanifex current has [roll0] souls stored within it. While their soul is trapped they cannot be resurrected, not even via wish or similar means. Nor can their corpse become undead or deathless.

Thanifex may chose to activate Inflict Moderate Wounds (CL 21) 1/round on the wielder.

Weapon stats:
Hardness: 40
HP: 180
True Regeneration: 10
+12 to all saving throws.

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
INT: 41
WIS: 38
CHA: 26

Telepathy at will with wielder.
Can detect all scrying.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 10:48 PM
Living Metal Mountain Plate +1 -(bestows EAP on wearer and reshapes and resizes itself. Repairs itself in 1D4 rounds if sunders and re-fits itself to wearer. auto remove and wear speed.)
Greater Soulbound (stores 5 essentia, can invest up to 5 essentia to gain +5AC)
Great Invulnerability (DR 10/EPIC)
SR 27
Fearsome.

Greater Magic-Eating of the Vile God - Absorb spells and use them as if you had the Spellfire wielder feat. If undead use CHA instead of CON. Heal 1 hp per level of spell always.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 10:49 PM
Amber amulet of vermin, Huge monstrous scorpion
Brute gauntlets
Bracers of quick strike
375GP

+8000xp

On of the V'K'kraan'ck nods to you and walks to toward the hobgoblins with a white flag. After a short wait a large Hobgoblin comes out of the defenses with four guards and a shaman with him and waits patiently for you.

BelGareth
2013-10-21, 11:52 PM
thanifex -

says "Any weapon", can I change it? if so what action?
Unholy Power, is this just the vanilla Unholy special ability?
Is this ability done solely by thanifex? "Thanifex may chose to activate Inflict Moderate Wounds (CL 21) 1/round on the wielder."

Armor -

What does this mean? "auto remove and wear speed"

While his envoy is walking towards the lines, he decides to suit himself a little better for battle, liking the former Emperors armor a little better than his own.

He gave his old armor to Shaerin, but for now she would have to do as it would need refitting to her frame.

Feeling much better, he mounted his new steed, he had dismissed Cakerot hours ago, this new mount was much...more fearsome. Jumping on top of the large skeletal dragon he commanded it to move out, flying out to the meet the enemy envoys.

"Greetings, thankyou for meeting me here, I have a proposal for you all."

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 12:13 AM
1. Yes, free instant action to shift it to any weapon you think of while holding it.

2. Unholy Power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/weapons.htm#unholyPower)

3. Yes. Thanifex is casting it on you, and only you - if you want it to.

4. The armor can be worn and removed as a free action that takes 0 minutes instead of the normal rules for donning and removing armor.

Before you mount you new steed there is a screeching roar from high in the air. An Adult Black dragon circles down and lands, bowing itself to you.
It is already saddled and ready to go.

The Dragon is an Adult Black Dragon with the Spellwarped, Corrupt Creature and Corpse Creature templates. It always obeys the wielder of Thanifex.

Your Dragon, you and your getup terrifies the Hobgoblins, but the King and his Shaman stand fast.
"What is your proposal then knight of death?" the King spits out, clearly having little interest.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 12:07 PM
Seeing the dragon he smiles again, it was strange, but he had been smiling more often than not recently..

Sliding into the saddle, he feels at home, a strange dark throbbing formed from his weapon, Thanifex to the black dragon, he nodded and the dragon rose up into the sky, barrel rolling through the nimbus clouds and then back down to the ground before the orc chieftains.

"My proposal is this, you join the Dark Empire, swear fealty to me as Emperor, and that is it, you are free to rule and run your nation, all these fine warriors here are free to live, kill and murder their enemies, and mine.

I will leave you be, but you shall be a vassal to the Dark Empire, you shall heed my calling."

He stops, relishing the superior vantage point and supreme power he held

"All this for your lives, I am no idiot, I see good and able warriors when I see them, and to waste them in such a...pointless battle, it would be a shame. Winter is coming, we must shore up our defenses, the north is rising and word of another orc nation has reached my ears..the choice is yours, either way, you and yours will be a part of my armies."

[roll0] for lack of any intimidate skills...

I made Serathis, Black Dragon, Herald of Thanifex (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=687992)

Also, how does LA buyoff work at later levels with such a larger LA? I know its usually an amount equal to your ECL * 1000 at certain levels, but I don't have certain levels to buy off at different amounts, I have enough to level, but needing to buy off the LA, how do i do that? do I need to pay off 15k experience for the first, 14k for the 2nd, 13k for the 3rd (and so forth)?
For a total of 65k before i can actually level?

EDIT: IDEA!
Why not treat me as a 14th level char, and I gain xp accordingly? It would balance out and I would rarely level

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 04:06 PM
The Shaman seems to consider your words wise and whispers into ear of the Hobgoblin King who promptly turns around and punches him in the face, knocking him to the ground.

The Hobgolin King steps forward, a snarl on his face.
"Come down here and fight me coward! If you can kill me my coward of a shaman will be the next in line and he will gladly surrender! If I kill you, your army will fall to pieces. But I am proud of my people and your evil needs to be stopped. More Orcs?" he spits on the ground "Worthless Orcs. We came here to save these Orcs and halt your advance. The only way you will get peace from me is if you leave this land to my Kingdom and go home or one of us is dead."

Yeah you count as ECL 15 now with the evolved template.
Which means you can buyoff the LA now at a cost of 14000xp. Then again when you hit level 18 for 17000xp. That would reduce 2 of the LA.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 04:25 PM
Gaheris watches them as they speak, seeing the chieftain punch his shaman in the face, he frowns, dissent in the ranks, but then realizes it was oh so similar to his own recent interaction.

Nodding "Very well, a challenge would suffice, I accept."

He gets down and draws his sword, "May the Vile god bless us for this battle we are about to partake!"

As he is sitting he will use his detect good on them

When he says his words, he is casting Corrupt weapon (http://dndtools.eu/spells/dungeon-masters-guide-v35--4/corrupt-weapon--3775/)

[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 06:09 PM
Blink: 50% miss chance
Phasing: Can walk through solid substances

Lawful Evil alignment.

[roll0]

The Hobgoblin King shapes up, his crystalline armor clinking and glittering in the sun, his Crystal shield refracting the light. Tarul draws his blue ice battle axe, energy bubbling to the surface within it. The bright blue crystal crown on his head lighting up with a sift inner light. His form blurs as dozens of images of him overlap one another, he seems to become a softly glowing blue image, lost somewhere in the maze of images.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:17 PM
HAHA! I knew you were luring me into something...:smallbiggrin:

Gaheris moves forward to strike at his target only to see him vanish and then reappear...

Activate Law devotion for 3 turn undeads

Full attack
[roll0] auto confirms if crit threat
[roll1] miss = if 51
[roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] + [roll5] + 1 Con DC 20 for half base damage

[roll6] auto confirms if crit threat
[roll7] miss if < 51
[roll8] + [roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11] + 1 Con DC 20 for half base damage
Gained 1 blood point

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:19 PM
rolling vicious damage
[roll0] - negated by Vampiric damage.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 06:27 PM
Takes the 1 CON either way.. 1/2 = 0.5 rounded up = 1. lol.

Bleeding badly from Gaheris' attacks Tarul leaps into the combat once more, only to vanish, reappear behind Gaheris and attempts to knock him over.

Flanking bonus +2

Improved Trip (no AoO): [roll0] vs AC 10 [roll1] opposed STR checks

Rest depends on trip..

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:29 PM
oooh this could go bad, might have to kill them all anyway...sigh

also, its will save halves damage and negates the con

[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 06:36 PM
Failing to knock you over, he instead gazes deeply into your eyes.

Will save DC 20 or be dominated.

If you pass that then it is your turn.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:37 PM
I'm undead.

Immune to mind affecting effects.

EDIT: and if it is a spell, SR 27 possibly consuming spell for spellfire

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 06:40 PM
Psionic and bypassing undead immunity. :smallsmile:

Mind you you get to save every combat round....

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:41 PM
well here goes nothing....

[roll0]

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:43 PM
For my round of actions

[roll0]

Well this is going to be fun.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:44 PM
Round 2[roll0]
Round 3[roll1]
Round 4[roll2]
Round 5[roll3]
Round 6[roll4]
Round 7[roll5]

Just getting it out of the way

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 06:51 PM
The first round he makes you kneel and then attacks you, ending the domination effect anyway.

Auto-hit -Prone [roll0] [roll1] Crit confirm
Auto-hit -Prone [roll2] [roll3] Crit confirm
Auto-hit -Prone [roll4] [roll5] Crit confirm
EDIT: No crits.
Also I noticed you have not added your CHA to hp. You have an extra 54hp right now. I am using the optional rule for all undead to have CHA to hp. Else undead are pretty weak.

Then he teleports 800' away.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 06:58 PM
Gaheris takes the beating like a champion in full Mountain plate.

Standing he looks to the chieftain.

Smiling he looks to his opponent "You fight well! It's not my style, but is definitely effective, come, let us finish this!"

He throws down his shield and Thanifex turns into a greatsword.

Readies an attack action for when he is within reach.

[roll0] 43 is a crit
[roll1] miss if < 51
[roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

He takes [roll5]

EDIT: oh snap, I'll add that HP.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 07:01 PM
The Warlord teleports in behind Gaheris and lashes out again

[roll0] [roll1] crit confirm [roll2]
EDIT: no crit

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 07:03 PM
Forgot the save...

[roll0] DC 20

EDIT: also activating nightmare shroud and hardened shroud for a total of 70% miss chance and +2AC... not that the AC matters unless you roll a 1 anyway. :smalltongue:

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 07:06 PM
Gaheris sees the attack coming and deftly dodges the attack, winding Thanifex up for a series of strikes as he does...

Full attack

[roll0] 43 is a crit
[roll1] miss if < 71
[roll2] + [roll=vicious]2d6[1/roll] + [roll3] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

He takes [roll4]

[roll5] 38 is a crit
[roll6] miss if < 71
[roll7] + [roll=vicious]2d6[1/roll] + [roll8] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

He takes [roll9]

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 07:08 PM
reroll
[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 07:12 PM
Also have you been remembering the gem in the weapon? Gain 5hp per hit max 50 a day.

I don't think this guy can even hurt you....

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 07:18 PM
Gaheris takes one to the chest, the armor stopping all but a little of the attack, he easily dodges the second attack, the orc was becoming sloppy.

Moving in, he tried to get past the damnable shadows enveloping his enemy!

Full attack!

[roll0] crits on 43
[roll1] miss if less than 71

Takes [roll5]

[roll6] crits on 43
[roll7] miss if less than 71
[roll8] + [roll9] + [roll10] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

Takes [roll11]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 07:19 PM
Save:
[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 07:20 PM
Nearly dead the Hobgoblin King tries one last attempt

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

His attacks going wild as his blood flowed over the ground...

23 hp left.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 07:22 PM
Gaheris sees the Hobgonlin warlord and moves in, intent on ending this farce of a fight....

MAN I wish I had another iterative...

[roll0] crits on 43

Takes [roll5]

[roll6] crits on 43

Takes [roll11]

EDIT: MISS MISS, bound to happen with 70%!

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 07:25 PM
Attacking again

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

:smalltongue:

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 07:27 PM
[roll0] crits on 43

Takes [roll5]

[roll6] crits on 43

Takes [roll11]

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 07:31 PM
[roll0] crits on 43 {CRIT}

takes [roll5]

[roll6] crits on 43

takes [roll11]

[roll12] crits on 43
[roll13] miss if less than 71
[roll14] + [roll15] + [roll16] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

takes [roll17]

[roll18] crits on 43
[roll19] miss if less than 71
[roll20] + [roll21] + [roll22] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

takes [roll23]

[roll24] crits on 43
[roll25] miss if less than 71
[roll26] + [roll27] + [roll28] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

takes [roll29]

[roll30] crits on 43
[roll31] miss if less than 71
[roll32] + [roll33] + [roll34] + 1 Con DC 20 fort half base damage & no con

takes [roll35]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 09:07 PM
You killed him on round 7. You can describe the kill. Your choice if you wish to animate him as something. :smallcool:

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 10:19 PM
for a few seconds the two of them reach an impasse, the hobgoblin not able to penetrate the indomitable armor and the deathknight not able to pierce the veil of shadow and darkness that seemed to cling to his opponent.

But then something happened, everything paused, the hobgoblin fell to his knees. The glint of steel shone as it passed through the mans skull, skewering the brave Chieftain clear through his eyes and out his skull just under his crown.

Letting him fall, he walked over and yanked his weapon from the deadmans skull with little effort reforming it into a longsword, he turned to the shaman.

"Are we done? Is there another who demands their death upon my hands? Can we go past this and move on? I come here to forestall this, to stop this, and yet it keeps happening!"

He whirls around, almost screaming to the sky, angry at himself, what he has become, almost yelling out to his gods, blaspheming and declaring them null and void.

He didn't though, it wasn't the first time, he sheathed Thanifex and looked the Shaman in the eye.

"Kneel before me, kneel so everyone can see and pledge your loyalty to me, pledge your nations loyalty, your peoples loyalty, and you shall become more than you ever dreamed."

I need you to release his soul

No undead shenaniganry

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 10:36 PM
He would be a useful puppet though. He should become a champion of ours... but.. as you wish master...

The Hobgoblin shaman fell to his knees. "I am willing to serve you oh Dark Lord and Emperor." he says, genuflecting as he finishes.

A commotion breaks out in the settlement. From what you can see the Orcs disagree and have formed up, retreating in among the houses.

DC 10. If they make it they switch side to the Dark Empire. If they dont they join the Orcs.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

EDIT:
The entire Hobgoblin army, as highly disciplined as it is forms up into parade formations. A large "Hu-hah!" comes from the army as every man at once stands to attention saluting their new leader.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 10:39 PM
Orc Reactions to the Hobgoblin turn of events....

DC 10 and they hold ground. Less and they surrender/break.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

EDIT: The Orc elite unit promptly turns on their own warlord, realising the futility of fighting at this point. Their warlord is beheaded by a large Orc, his body tossed out toward the Hobgoblin ranks.
Another unit of Orc Warriors switches to the Dark Empire, but seem uncertain and confused.
The remaining 3 units retreat back, 1 unit of warriors and 2 units of Goblin archers.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 10:41 PM
The Goblin Archers open fire on the Hobgoblin troops:

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

EDIT: nada...

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 10:43 PM
The Hobgoblin Crossbowmen turn and return fire, moving smoothly as one unit.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]

Tearing all the Goblin archers to ribbons and killing half of the remaining Orcs. who promptly surrender.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 10:51 PM
Gaheris watches through narrow eyes, he hadn't realized their morale was torn, it would have worked well to play against each other, but for now a lesson learned, he quickly made some mental commands.

To Serathis his mount, the two skeletal dragons, his personal cavalry, the insanity Devil he mentally communicates Kill the routing orcs, every single one

Turning to the Shaman, "Well done, your loyalty to me will be rewarded, those" he quickly looks to the retreating orcs, shall not, feel free to join in as a show of your new fealty." he says almost light heartedly, he turns to the fallen Warrior from the duel just as Serathis jumps up to fly after the retreating orcs.

"I will raise this one as champion, he will enforce your rule, but be loyal to only me."

I thank you, and for your wisdom, bring him back to me, as a champion for my Nation

Bring him back as that swordwraith if possible

He eyes the unit of crossbowmen and smiles, nodding at their diligence and marksmanship, "your warriors demonstrate great skill. This is a good sign of things to come."

Do we have another area that needs squashing? not sure to be honest, if I should leave them here or have them march with me...

Gaiyamato
2013-10-22, 11:00 PM
You need to leave 1 unit as a garrison due to despotic.
Now you can march north unopposed and seize all the rest of the Hobgoblin kingdom.

The former Hobgoblin King raises and stands as a Swordwraith.
The remaining 50 orcs are completely wiped out - mostly by the cackling Madness Devil.
You can animate 100 more Orc zombies and 200 Goblin Zombies and the Orc Warlord if you like.

BelGareth
2013-10-22, 11:09 PM
Gaheris smiles as his champion rises, "You will serve me as the enforcer of these lands, this man" he points to the shaman "Will rule here, you shall make sure his will is manifest, but you will keep an eye on him, my will overrides his and you will enforce my will above all others."

Turning to watch as the Madness Devil decimates the retreating orcs he smiles, and then thinks to Thanifex Let us raise some more levies, raise them all, including the Orc Warlord, they can stand guard over this place they were so willing to leave.

Turning to the Shaman he realizes he doesn't even know his name "What is your name shaman? I am not a demon, if you are going to work for me, I must know who you are." after he gives it to him, he nods "Very well, Mobilize your troops, we march north, the rest of settlements need to be invited into the fold."

He waits only a moment before Serathis lands as soft as a swallow behind him, he mounts the magnificent beast and looks back to the Shaman "We move as soon as your are ready."

Gaiyamato
2013-10-23, 12:44 AM
The shaman nods and gives you his name. (see OOC thread for his sheet).
"We should secure the largest cities immediately, we can head north and take all of the settlements without any opposition."

Splitting into a new thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310427) now because you are about to run into Drack's forces.